Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Bimota factory closed for good
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sonny68

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Bimota factory closed for good Reply with quote

Hi just read on apple news that bimota have closed down. Anyone know if it's certain ?
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I can make out the original Factory building has been closed and the Bimota company have moved out. They are in a storage place close by.
arsenic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, even the phone line is closed... Sad
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the 'storage ' place has much in it from what I hear. Crying or Very sad

Bit of info here but probably know it all anyway.

http://www.motofire.com/2017/09/news/arrivedeci-as-bimota-motorcycles-close-factory-doors/
trev45

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad I have mine

Lets see what happens now ?

Cheers Trev
JackJabba

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can only hope its not the end.

It still amazes me how so many people who think themselves to be keen motorcyclists, have never heard of Bimota.

Going to sell my Katana to get another Bimota before the prices go stupid.
rpo83

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New update from moto.it

https://translate.google.com.au/translate?sl=it&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.moto.it%2Fnews%2Fbimota-continua-a-vivere-a-rimini.html%2Famp&edit-text=

Steve

YB5 #130, YB5 #196, YB7 #302, SB6 #949, Laverda RGS Executive, Laverda RGS Corsa.
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpo83 wrote:
New update from moto.it

https://translate.google.com.au/translate?sl=it&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.moto.it%2Fnews%2Fbimota-continua-a-vivere-a-rimini.html%2Famp&edit-text=

The article reads like typical corporate b.s. Especially the part about other brands expressing interest. Usually this type of announcement is made by press or through an official statement. What it does indicate is that current owners are seeking to unload but no one really serious has stepped up. Reminds me when I call on a bike and the seller tries to close the deal by saying "there is very strong interest, I have had tons of calls, another guy is on his way, etc"
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And words today from Giuseppe Morri himself.....translation has done its best to convert....probably about the only source I would trust

"Suddenly bimota is back in the spotlight at the moment and in the most disappointing way.
It is not remembered that in September of 40 years bimota conquered the f1 world championship with Virginio Ferrari, but reported a change of venue for several months and for an assumed end of race, which was categorically denied by a company statement.
You are reading about everything and more, without any documents or facts being mentioned, but by telling you about each writing, with the most different quotes, not always on purpose.
But it was discovered only now that bimota moved the premises, leaving the building of via giaccaglia, operation was launched from last spring (a month ago I posted on fbk that the old factory appeared like an abandoned mound mound (there was always that Headstone in the weeds.
Connecting the shift to management difficulties.
In fact, the property rented to the last holders has returned to the availability of ing. Roberto Comini, following a court ruling.
As far as I can see, there seems to have been a disruption of the business environment.
At the end of 2016, the company was the engineer. Pierluigi Marconi, from about a year back to the company after almost 20 years from his resignation on the end of Walter Martini's management.
Then the stage exit of Andrea Acquaviva at the beginning of 2017, the technician who (except a short passage in benelli) and who, in the technical staff from early 90 s, had guaranteed the maintenance of some core values of the company .. The names of new technical officers are not known.
Today with the recently released release, try to put bank on the many rumors that are circulating. Basically, the most significant step, hopefully more well-founded, is what makes reference to potential new buyers.
There are important values, given the fact that the current owners are actually owners of the equipment and the corporate title. It might be interesting to give visibility to the technical guide and the current validity of trademark and patent registrations, most of which were deposited in the 90. S, early 80 s.
In 1993, the cycle (BIMOTA CNS and tamburini), which was divided into 1987, which affected the founding part of the company, the one that won the great popularity, also projected on the years that followed, So much for the news.
The company had developed gradually, as the balance sheets showed, thanks to the hundreds of contributors that took place over the period, to over 600 riders who had and won about 1500 podiums. Official and unofficial titles, many national and other nationalities
Exporting products from the mid-80 s to motorcycles equipped with engines supplied directly by Ducati, Suzuki and Yamaha.
In the book "the golden age bimota" published for a few months, there is a very detailed and documented description of that period. A tale that has already collected very flattering comments.
Then followed by the assumption of control by a pool motivated by the mission to determine a strong growth of the company so that it could be placed on the market to derive the greatest possible profit.
Intent..................
In the mid-90 s, bought scooter in Taiwan to increase turnover and revenue (it was a disaster); he tried to get into the truck by collaborating with small Italian manufacturers. A mistake to put aside the thesis project..., became strategic in stage three. The project was the project " engine engine ", in any case the project was sold to an important Canadian Manufacturer, but developed with " greed " in the company. Projects which in the early 90 s were considered strategic.
At the end of the 90 s, spa was put on stand-baby to give life to bimota srl; then the collapse.
I am aware of that passage because I was asked by Adriano Aureli, important industrial industrial (shareholder bimota since 1986) and Prof. Marco Vitale, already chairman of the company, for an interview in which I was asked for an opinion on possible ways of implementing measures to revive society.
The numbers were merciless, in fact a sentence. The Curator of the bankruptcy of bimota spa and bimota srl, alienated the srl to ing. Comini and these sold the company to the current holders. And we are in the story, with the talk of "Loose Harness" produced from the most diverse sources.
An annoyance to those who it always took her to the heart.
I am pleased to have had the opportunity, with the collaboration of saverio livolsi, to leave the testimony of my passage in bimota through the hundreds of pages of the book "the golden age of".
ChriDB7

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Italy...

The Bimota is closed
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the Story continues....as of 12 hrs ago

More stories re Bimota fresh off the Italian press today...it seems they only owe 5million euros to suppliers and employees....but initially 4 years ago...they apparently "rented" the Brand and premises......thus it may re-open under previous owners title of Roberto Commino...who if this is true would still be the owner

MotoSprint say "CORRESPONDING the year 2013 when Marco Chiancianesi and Daniele Longoni, owners of a Swiss real estate company, took over the reins of Bimota, up to that time commanded by Roberto Comini. At that time it was said to sell, in fact the agreement between the entrepreneurs provided for a sort of rent of the brand and shed, abandoned recently to move to a new office, located a few hundred meters from the historic structure of via Lea Giaccaglia, in Rimini. In the current situation this is not a detail. Let's try to explain why.
In the Chiancianesi / Longoni era the industrial activity of Bimota has not taken off and today the company is indebted and for this purpose. To share, paying employees and suppliers, it is a liquid injection (it's about five million euros), but finding them is not easy, because despite Bimota being a brand known around the world, both in the competitions, do not seem to be the basis for growth. It can not be said that the projects presented to date have no technical content, indeed, however, Bimota has lacked the ability to communicate and sell what, with passion and competence, was born in Rimini.
With Comini in command, although there were very technical bets, perhaps too risky, Piero Canale (sales manager) team, Enrico Borghesan (design director and Andrea Acquaviva (technical director) had guaranteed good technical and commercial results, even outside Europe, where the attention to detail and the quality of materials used to build Bimota has always been appreciated. There are also interesting projects on the site that have never been started or developed in part. The substance is that today Bimota is firm, looking for an investor and if no one risks taking liquidity to the Rimini company, the company could return to Comini's hands, which, as explained earlier, rented, sold, sold and planted.
On the 37th issue of Motosprint, in newsstands from today, you will find more details of the "Bimota" case and a brief history of the company, which was the gym of technicians and designers of the highest level, including Massimo Tamburini, one of the three members founders."
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is up on the Bimota Facebook page
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2393888270837366&id=1489265024633033
ChriDB7

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evilchicken0 wrote:
This is up on the Bimota Facebook page
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2393888270837366&id=1489265024633033

I WRITE ON THE PAGE FB...

I do not believe what is written...
Take only time.
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really though ... its not the first time Bimota has gone bust maybe it will rise again maybe not, time will tell.
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets hope it is bought by someone like Stuart Garner who actually wants to invest in it rather than asset strip it like the current owners.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: