Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

new tires

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BimotaBoy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject: new tires Reply with quote

OK I whipped the wheels out to have new tires fitted and didn't take much notice of the spacers on the rear wheel - DER

Anyway looking at it I am guessing that the thin spacer goes on the outside of the brake hanger and the thick one goes on the inside.

Can anyone confirm.

Won't do that again
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which YB is it?

THe spare parts exploded diagrams here should help depending upon the YB....or likewise using Paol's versions on his BCP site

http://www.bimota-parts.de/en/teileshop.html
who

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YB6-8 exup? If so the thick spacer goes between the brake caliper and the wheel, and the thin spacer between the caliper hanger and the swingarm.

Both spacers widest faces mate with the caliper bracket, this is to cover and protect the needle roller bearing in the caliper bracket (put some grease on the needle bearings while it is in bits)

Even if it is some other YB... (do this off the bike) lubricate the axle with some WD40 or the like, slide the axle through the wheel, with the caliper in place on the disc. Push the axle through the caliper bracket bearing also. Observe the gap between the wheel and the caliper bracket as they sit on the axle. At this point spacer position should be self evident.

I know this will work as yesterday I was presented with the same problem. I usually take photos of everything prior to pulling apart, but didn't in this case. Anyway, it only takes a few seconds to work it out.
BimotaBoy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:12 am    Post subject: tires Reply with quote

Sorry - it's a 10. Yea I looked at it and figured that the fatter spacer was on the inside and the thinner was on the outside the way you described. like you say it doesn't take much but just wanted to be sure and usually take loads of pic was in a hurry to get to shop to have tires fitted. got there and he was on holiday
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> YB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: