Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Information for kb1 restauration

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luc

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Information for kb1 restauration Reply with quote

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I'm starting with the restauration of a KB1. I'm looking for information. I must identify the brake calipers to buy revision parts, what oil en how much must I put in the Marzocchi front fork, how can I adjust the steering angle?

I know, a lot of questions.... perhaps anyone knows if Bimota gave a users manual whit the bike?

Looking out for your answers...

Best regards,

Luc
westfieldandy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: kb1 resoration Reply with quote

I have a KB1 and will have the bike at les grand heures automobiles track event at monthlery south of paris next week 23/24 sept.

Brake calipers were 70's brembo po8 same as ducati bevel and laverda from same period, mine uses ap race calipers as its a race version.

there is a rough manual you can look at on bimota classic parts website

steering head angle is adjustable by rotating the sleeve around and refitting, I have not attempted this on mine though so i may be wrong.

I would rebuild the forks with cartridge emulators and re rated springs and start with a 140mm air gap. this I can do for you. www.good-bits.co.uk

regards

andy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> KB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: