Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

1993 YB10
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaguar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: 1993 YB10 Reply with quote

https://specializedmotors.com/listings/1993-bimota-yb10/

$8900
6k miles
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very good deal - must make sure though the bike is 100% commissioned for road riding. Most of these bikes spend their lives in collections, hardly ever touching pavement. Brake lines, carbs, tires, fluids, rubber seals, etc. If you can get it for $8k and then put $2-3 k into it, it will still be a decent deal and you will have a fantastic bike to ride.

I just sold a beautiful Cagiva Alazzurra 650. An '87 bike with less than 7k miles. It spend majority of time being part of one collection or the other. The person I bought the bike from put on new tires and battery. Maybe he tried to clean the carbs, maybe not. I bought it on a whim, sorta speak, being told that the bike ran great. When it came off the shipping truck and I started it, fuel was leaking out of 1 of the carbs and the throttle was stuck. I had the carbs redone, put in a fresh battery, oil service, etc. Put very few miles on the bike, before the front brake lever action went hard. I ended up selling the bike for the simple rule I follow, if I can't ride it (or drive it) I shouldn't have it.
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
Jaguar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does seem like a nice price.
These also have a more classic look to them.
BimotaBoy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: sb8 Reply with quote

See you sold the SB8, Still got mine, took the YB10 out on Wednesday and managed to run out of fuel. Had to push her home
Jaguar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are these bikes like to live with and ride?
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I sold the SB8R but I have a chance to buy it back - it's up for sale. I want to simplify my life a bit. Have been looking for a Tuono Factory but nothing interesting has popped up close enough to go and inspect.

Rule of thumb(for me), fuel up every 100 miles. On the yb10 maybe every 75.

Jaguar, I love my YB10. My garage sees bikes come and go but the YB10 stays. I can't recall a bike I felt so good about....
2004 BMW R11S BCR
Jaguar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the deal on the SB8R?
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought an SB8R on practically on a whim. All it took besides seeing the bike "in the flesh" was to hear it start. Seeing that bike gave me a proverbial woodie every time I opened my garage door. The bike is cleaner than a cat's ass. However, riding it was a different story. The ergonomics of the SB8R don't favor short riders (I'm 5'9"). Ram air runners cover up most of the controls on the clip ons. Not a bike you just simply to take out for a nice ride. Its a freakin' beast and acts like one. All that carbon (most of which is no longer available) didn't make me feel all too good every time I heard a rock bouncing up into the bike at speed.

I need to ride what I own, and riding the SB8R made me nervous. I sold it to a collector in the LA area but then found it up for sale a month or so later on eBay. AFAIK, its still available for sale. According to the new owner, he is selling it to get the RC30 that he always wanted. If you are interested, I will try to find the link or just search Bimota on eBay and I am sure you will find the bike, if its listed.
2004 BMW R11S BCR
Jaguar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know what he was asking for the bike?
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked up his last listing on eBay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1999-Bimota-SB8R/122721022039?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

Shows that it sold, asking was $9k obo. You may want to reach out to him to verify if it really sold or not
2004 BMW R11S BCR
Jaguar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather interesting brake calipers
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ISR 6pot calipers upfront, arrow exhaust, Anteras from the S model. i swapped out the crappy Yamaha embossed plastic clutch cover with a billet aluminum one - guaranteed to eliminate at least one possble source of oil leak on a TL-R motor...
2004 BMW R11S BCR
yb11reno

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an SB8R in Reno, NV I'll sell for $9K. Trying to reduce the number of bikes to 4, so selling either the SB8R or the MV Agusta F4. The SB8 came out of Seattle. If you look in raresportbikesforsale from May 2015 you'll see it there. I'm the third owner, it's in excellent condition. Spares include front and rear cf wheel fairing, gas tank, seat, unpainted side fairings, spare original mufflers with the Bimota print on them. Also owner and shop manuals. It's well sorted with fuel trimmer, sounds amazing. Only thing about these bikes they're more suited for the track than the street. I can do about 2 hours and then I want off. It has a little over 5,000 miles. Pm me with your email address if interested and I'll send pics and contact info.

Jack
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack, what else do you have that you prefer over the SB8R or the MV? BTW, completely concur with you on he SB8r's ergot. If you can do 2 hrs straight on it, you are a better man than me...
2004 BMW R11S BCR
yb11reno

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bimota DB5 Mille. I think of this as a second generation Bimota. First generation was more purpose oriented, with efficiency (light weight and balance) in mind. The 2000 sb8r and Vdue, was to my mind the last of the first generation. From 2001 on, I think Bimota stepped up the bling (I've seen them referred to as boutique bikes) in an effort to attract buyers with higher income, less track focus. Not saying Bimota gave anything away in terms of performance, just shifted focus a little. So with this, I never decide wether I prefer to look at it or ride it. If you see this for sale it probably means I died.
MV agusta Brutale Oro. Part of the initial run of 300 brutales, it has magnesium wheels and frame components, carbon fiber body panels. Upright seating position and that wonderful 14,000 rpm mv agusta scream. Probably the most entertaining, least threatening bike I have to ride. It feels like there's nothing under you, the power output and handling capability are perfectly matched.
BMW S1000XR. The practical daily rider. Clutch less shifter, heated grips, luggage, wind protection. Ahh, the perfect bike to jump on for errands, or a 2000 mile trip.
MV AGusta F4. It has the Mamba kit (carbon fiber body panels), $15K in upgraded brakes and suspension, cf gas tank, titanium subframe. The bike Bimota wouldve built had they used an MV Agusta motor. But. Every time I get on the bike I think I'm going to die.
Bimota SB8R. Really a pretty bike, but raw at the same time. Hand painted gold pinstripes, embossed Bimota script on the seat and rear wheel frame, carbon fiber air intakes reminiscent of a 1968 Olds 442. But I've only ridden this one 300 or 400 miles in the last 2 years. It needs more exercise than I've been giving it. They all do, actually.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: