Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

1993 DB2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaguar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: 1993 DB2 Reply with quote

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/mcy/d/bimota-db2-ducati/6266951147.html

PICS:

TEXT:
1993/94 Bimota DB2
The VIN of this bike ZES1DB214PRZES001 shows it being the first US bike of the first year of production. The VIN's 10th character is a "P" which means it's a 1993, the VIN sticker says it was made 6/93. But for some reason the title states 1994. It is one of 408 in the world. I tried to contact Bimota to get and understanding of what being number 1 really means, they didn't reply. I doubt it's the FIRST DB2. But whatever it is cool. Currently the bike has 1921 miles. I've had the bike about a year, I bought it from a collector in San Diego. While I've owned it I've gone over the bike from top to bottom, I've listed the work and the parts out below. I've ridden her about 300 miles and she goes as good as she looks. This bike really needs nothing except maybe some lines to replace the unsightly (but functioning) blue Kevlar lines. I have more pictures of the bike if you have questions about something or a certain area I can send them to you. $9,900 OBO, Make Offer!!
Work:
Cleaned carbs
Replaced belts
Check valves (in spec)
Replace tires (still have originals)
Replaced windshield (still have crack original)
Changed all fluids (brake, clutch, engine)
Repaired minor scuff on tail
Serviced battery
Re-powder coated wheels
Replaced brake and clutch levers
Replaced some minor bits of hardware with matching zinc plated parts

Been on ebay a few times.
Price is now down to $9K

Thoughts?
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seen that a few times ...I think the owner and its previous owner were both on this forum.

If that's down to $9000....it compares very well to the $6000 DB4...even down to mileage...other than this one is good to go and enjoy....and the other may hold untold problems......If you were doing the work yourself it could climb to $3000 to get the DB4 roadworthy....if using a dealer then it would go way over that amount for sure......Anything that's been sat and unused for so long may need new wheel bearings, new chain, new brake caliper seals, brake masters, fork seals, tyres for sure, fuel lines..Carb clean and strip...maybe fuel pump...which is vac operated with a rubber diaphragm, cam belts, brake lines maybe...etc etc...Having bought wrecks and running bikes the latter is cheaper in the long run normally...And this is all assuming the engine isn't seized and no bearings have dried and failed???

As comparison - DB2 v DB4......DB2 is a LOT taller...higher footpegs...and a longer reach to the bars than DB4...DB4 is quite practical lowish seat...and not a stretch...and easier to service than a DB2...check the fairing on the DB2...Where does it join???? Splits only at the belly pan underside and has to be prised apart like a clamshell and pulled off over front wheel...as its all ONE piece...at least its fibreglass...same as tank/seat unit...DB4 has fibreglass tank seat unit...but side and nose panels are plastic and brittle now after 17 years...crack and split easily.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: