Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB9 Blinker & number plate mods

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raidermoto

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:46 am    Post subject: DB9 Blinker & number plate mods Reply with quote

Hi all, imo the DB9 is one of the best naked bikes on the market. Shame they didn't build an SP version using the 11998R which, asides of greater HP, benefits from c/r g/box & slipper clutch. Nonetheless, it also has some flaws like a front fairing design that looks more like an afterthought, & is completely at odds with the DB8/9's sharp Euclidean lines. The other flaw is the rear hugger number-plate & blinker design. For anyone who interested, we made some changes to the DB9 that overcome these flaws.

Front Blinker Mods
https://photos.app.goo.gl/CXzMfMaEseu4CpDaA

Rear Blinker Mods
https://photos.app.goo.gl/8VuG2aZwFArzCvHZ7

Rear Tail-Tidy Mods
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ex5qnEqchorh7d429

Cheers Moz
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work.....Well done

To Be fair to "bimota"....and other manufacturers...the scaffold tube extensions for the rear indicators and number plate hanger...common on a lot of modern bikes...that I personally hate with a passion....Its all the result of the arse about face EuroCrats…..who have legislated that the rear reflector on all motorbikes MUST be at the furthest end point of the motorbike...even beyond the far end reach of the bike tyre....And with fashion dictating shortie rear end seat units...this is the only solution....Pure stupid if you ask me...Its a "damn" reflector...which does its reflecting job no matter where the frig it is.....be it beyond the rear tyre....or 12inches further into the bike...And...its not a requirement for cars...that way Out number bikes.....

Besides which....modding bims to suit our tastes is part and parcel of a Bimota....which gives us something to do...I think the best comment ever on here was a "newbie" that signed up reporting he'd just bought his first ever Bimota...and his first Question?...."right guys...what do I need to fix that bimota did wrong...and what do I need to do to make it better?....Only bimotas...... Laughing
quikduk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Great job and it looks a lot "cleaner" now...the way it should have to begin with from Bimota.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: