Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB6s for sale in Spain

View previous topic :: View next topic  
barnmankit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:12 am    Post subject: DB6s for sale in Spain Reply with quote

Hello Bimota brothers and sisters, a few DB 6s on the market in Spain, starting at a reasonable 6700€ for a low mileage tricolour. If I had the cash I'd be down there for a look.
Check out the site:

https://www.vibbo.com/anuncios-toda-espana/Bimota.htm?ca=0_s&fPos=30&fOn=sb_searchtext

Happy shopping!
Kit
A shed full of bicycles

"We're each given one small grain of madness - if we lose it, we're nothing." Robin Williams
phil-short

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 DB6s at the one time that I want so bad but can't afford..... Are you trying to make me feel bad?
barnmankit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone with long-term experience of the db6 care to share their thoughts? Are they MUCH better than the db2 for example?
To think people out there pay the same for bland mass-produced Japanese machines...
A shed full of bicycles

"We're each given one small grain of madness - if we lose it, we're nothing." Robin Williams
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had my DB2 for some 9 years now...and was just out yesterday on it as it was a sunny day (white wheels don't do well in the wet...)

DB6R I've had for 5years??...

Bit like chalk and cheese really other than the engine.....enough grunt in the DB6 to manage anything really...point and squirt or touring....much comfier position and upright riding style....wide bars make for easier fun in the tight and twisties....seat though is intolerable short in length...and a niggling back pain kicks in at 90miles in the saddle...which is relieved at 100miles for fuel fill-up...and then back again after another 90 miles....Suspension is set up horribly from the factory...far too stiff and track focused....DB2 rear Ohlins shock a lot lot better than Extreme Tec rear on the DB6........DB6R comes with a steering damper which is needed if riding on a windy day...bike is so much physicaly taller and imposing than say a new Ducati Monster...and tends to move around without the damper....brakes are equal to Db2 but no better....On a wet day when you pull up...youre faced with a shower of steam...almost like a rad hose has burst on you...although its air-cooled....Its all the rain run off throws it onto the engine and header and discs...causing a lot of steam..un nerving at first...throttle is sensitive...but that's coz of the fuel injection....no mid clutch gear change blips....THey also need De-catting so that they start easier and run better quicker...otherwise its best to let them warm up the cat before riding off.....really nice bikes when set up and far better than Ducati equivalent..stiffer, handle better, turn in etc....Big difference between them??? DB6 is a hooligan bike that can quickly turn you into a nutter rider straight from leaving the house...towering high position to see down the road...and you really sit "in" the bike...like DB2...but no fairing protection...85mph is about it really to feel safe as a max...Whereas Db2...well that's happiest above 60 up to over the 100 as the fairing kicks in and does its job..and relieves stress on the forearms....You really need to throw away the original end cans though and replace with zard or arrow....both of which are a bit too loud...but originals weigh several tonnes and are a bit too quiet...Slipper clutch on DB6R is a pain in the A...and just makes you lazy really....forgetting to down change in time is a breeze due to slipper clutch kicking in...but then you notice theres 90% reduced engine breaking and you need to adjust and haul the anchors on rapido.....arkward swapping between Old Skool Cool DB2 and modern day Db6...but a nice arkward to have....
barnmankit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi 2bims, thanks for the input, very erudite as usual.
I've had my DB2 for 18 years - a 1998 DB2 ef that I bought in 1999 with 1300 miles on the clock, now up to 22k or so. I don't think I'll ever sell her as long as I can still ride, especially since I've hung up the fairing and fitted flat (street) handlebars (the subject of another thread).
It's easy to be seduced by the bling of more recent bikes isn't it? Radial brakes, LCD displays, fuel injection, sharp styling... The thing is, I would say that us normal folk who ride on the public road don't want the maximum EFFICIENCY, in terms of speed, we want the maximum FUN and that generally comes from old fashioned sensations. In this respect the old school DB2 really delivers, and is also cheaper to run and in the long term probably more reliable than a newer bike stuffed with electronics.
Not saying the db6 wouldn't be fun too - I'd love to spend the day on one - but not necessarily any MORE fun.
Still think 6700€ is a good buy though...
A shed full of bicycles

2bims

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnmankit wrote:
Hi 2bims, thanks for the input, very erudite as usual.
Still think 6700€ is a good buy though...

Have to correct you on that one...I had to look up "erudite"...as I thought it was an epoxy resin glue......

Same said for my DB2....albeit heavily modded from standard...can't ever get away from the fun of flappy flatslide race carbs, Darth Vadar K&N Cone air filters sucking away...rattly dry clutch etc etc...and with straight thru corse pipes...not the VERY loudest of loud...but a nice sound with volume thrown in...intoxicating and highly addictive.....Patience needed to start from cold as theres no choke...so its wind in the throttle knurled adjuster that's direct to the carbs...half a turn or so...and keep cranking with clutch pulled until it catches and coughs...then tickle and load up bit by bit....2thou revs...lessen clutch pull....then build revs up gradual until she'll fly past 5thou....as you say...its all about character...and only Old Skool gives you that...At least you know that every input and action...be it good or bad...is all rider led.....no ECU or other brain tweaking and righting wrongs....slip-ups are your own...lessons to be learnt...Cant see me selling mine as long as I can still ride it..its also why I've never repainted it...full of gel cracks in the lacquer coat and bolt holes...but being fibreglass...they are just surface cracks...not like later DB4 plastics...and will always occur and keep doing so if you keep on riding and having to strip to service/fix/repair etc.."patina" I like to call it...its had a full nut and bolt resto now...repowder coating of frame, wheels, swinging arm, wheels etc etc...relacquering of carbon items....just the 2 No. body panels that are from 1996 repaint that remains to this day...Whole bodywork....just 2 pieces....not any new bikes around today like that...and possibly only Bimota that tried and carried out such madness...all to keep on board flowing lines, no panel gaps and reduction of fasteners necessary
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: