Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

HB1 replica

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject: HB1 replica Reply with quote

If I was stateside I would defo be going for this...reserve around $28K...which must be a fraction of the cost of making it....and would be quite a practical runaround.....says 1,000Hrs of workshop time....at $100/Hr would = $100,000....and that's before cost of parts, engine, wheels etc etc......

https://www.ebay.com/itm/152779216062?rmvSB=true

Not quite so correct in saying its the only rep out there...seen another in the flesh meself in Germany....way back when a company was making them GErmany/Switzerland...including the extended finned engine sump guard on the front end which this one doesn't have on it.....
welshlamb

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CF tank and seat made by a guy in Serbia , goes by name of "Boba'. He made the CF replica fairing for my Laverda. (And lots more). He's really skilled and very competitive. Unfortunately he has just had major op after unexpected illness and is recuperating and trying to figure out how to pay for the treatment. Think some of the Laverda guys are getting some crowdfunding going for him. Shite certainly happens.
Jaguar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You think it would take more then $30k to build this?
Not saying paying a shop, im saying to build yourself and outsource where needed.
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguar wrote:
You think it would take more then $30k to build this?
Not saying paying a shop, im saying to build yourself and outsource where needed.

I'm sure it has taken more then $30K to build when you see the detail...it was on RareSportsBikesForSale...and they said the reserve/Buy-it-now had fallen to $28K....but with all such things...to get the money out of something you've hand made from scratch...or even an original bike with a full nut and bolt resto....it aint ever going to recoup the initial outlay...believe me...I've been there/still am there....another 10 years time and maybe my Duc 900 Superlight Nut and Bolt resto may...jut may....recover my outlay.....one day...ahem...

Theres only the restorers being paid to restore/remake that make any money...other than maybe a Barn Find Ferrari 365GTB where you only paid the seller $1,000 to "take it away"...and in which case also the only money to be made is to sell it "as is"...complete with dirt, flat tyres and seized engine etc etc...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: