Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB6 Fuel Lines cracked
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
quikduk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So to update you all, I changed the fuel lines out...again. I sourced some German made Ethanol stable fuel hose and single use crimp clamps. The hose was 7mm I.D. (12mm O.D.) So clamps were ranged to 13.8mm which proved a little hard to put on the hose after the fitting barb.

The external braided hose was a PITA re: the clamps but it worked and so far no leaks. The 12mm O.D. hose was chosen as the two hoses have to run parallel in a trough cast into the airbox/breather box combos and the 13.8mm O.D. hose (the next avail. size) is a bit too big.

I used an inexpensive pair of end-nip cutters, rounded the cutting edges and made a perfect crimp clamp tool.

2bims, you aren't kidding about fitting that POS airbox back into the frame. Bimota could have made it 5mm smaller all around for ease of removal and replacement but NOOOOOOO, lets squeeze a rigid fiberglass airbox between these frame tubes to piss off the mechanics.

If I could use separate filter pods on the throttle bodies and get rid of the airbox, that would be ideal esp. when doing valve adjustments as you already have to remove the battery tray, relay bracket and crankcase ventilation box to even get to the valve covers. I haven't done this yet and am dreading it so if you think converting to separate pod type filters and a conversion for the crankcase vent would work, let me know.

I wonder if the tune would need to be redone and how to do that as I don't have the cable or software for this Pegasus ECU.
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get the pegasus programme...I have friend with one...and how to make the cable....airbox...yeh....removal and pods...problem is....the ruddy gap it leaves as the petrol tank rests on top of it....my local duc dealer did the valve clearances....but I did all the removal prior....its the beauty if naked that causes everything to be compact and crammed in....but utilising the valve cover bolts to hold the battery box and expansion tank is ruddy mad
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was worth doing though...both on the db5r and db5r they needed reshimming...some half moon collars were snapped in 2....and some shims had file Mark's as evidently ducati had run out if sizes when they made the engines...and filed down larger ones to fit....post work....you could feel the difference in the engine when riding...all smoother
quikduk

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that info. Please let me know if your friend can share the software and cable build instructions.

I forgot about that airbox filler gap but now that you mention it, I wonder if something can be made to mimic the look while allowing the free space required.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: