Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

YB 11 Valve clearances

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tlmania

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:52 pm    Post subject: YB 11 Valve clearances Reply with quote

It's time to have a go at the valve clearances, is this possible without taking the engine out ?

Cheers
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it you don't have the Bimota YB11 workshop manual????

Valve adjustment check recommended at 25,000 miles.....Workshopmanual shows steps for adjustment

Frame is a "perimeter" frame and as such once a lot of other stuff is removed...access is there to adjust without dropping the motor...

Step by step guide in manual....

Remove complete fairing
Remove tank/seat unit cover
Remove fuel tank
Remove air filter box
Remove carburetters
disconnect ignition coil connecters
Disconnect spark plugs
Remove rubber pot
Loosen and remove spark plugs (very narrow long socket gauge needed with knuckles for inner 2 cylinders)
Remove cylinder head cover (8 bolts)
Remove gasket....valves there/.....

And for your next question....pm me your email address and I'll happily send over gratis a pdf copy of the workshop manual.....its without doubt one of the best workshop manuals they produced for a Bimota...guide by guide steps...pictures etc...torque settings blah blah
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh...and on a sad note.....if you hadn't been following....your YB7 engulfed itself in flames after you sold it......then it was fully restored and repainted....then it got bitten when it T-boned a mini that crossed a junction and sadly floated off to the great Bimota heaven.....headstock snapped clean off from its frame
who

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you will get the valve cover off with the motor bolted up. You might have to release the upper engine mounts, and upper rear mount, and allow the engine to drop down to clear the frame.

I can email you a copy of the thunderace service manual if you pm me your email.
bimotanige

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just drop the engine out - much easier! Or alternatively lift the bike off the engine with a hoist - even easier. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> YB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: