Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Crich Tramway Classic Motorcycle Meeting - Matlock Bath

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Intending to Attend with Classic Bike?
Please include me within a Club Joint application
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
I will sort my own application
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject: Crich Tramway Classic Motorcycle Meeting - Matlock Bath Reply with quote

Good day everybody....seeing as I "opted out" of organising the 2-day Mcr bike show Bimota attendance this year....I'm now offering a "ride out" and show for classic Motorcycles to the above named event, (Spare Bimotas available for anyone wishing to drive to mine and ride from there) held from 10am to 5pm of Sunday 1st July, 2018, at Crich Tramway Musuem, near Matlock Bath.

Entry into the event is "free" for pre-booked clubs and individual attendees....being organised by the Vincent Owners Club.....theres individual prizes for "Best Vincent"..."Best British bike" and "Best international Bike"...(which could also include Vincents I suppose...but theres also a "Best in Show" prize voted for by the Public....

Entry is stated as being for "motorcycles built before January 1994"....My DB2 was first registered in the UK in March 1994.....but me reckons it was built in 1993....theres also a section in the car park for modern vehicles free parking and showing...but methinks it doesn't include admission for free...or entry into the compo.

Would be nice to get numbers of folk interested and get some machines ridden down there....Individuals can enter via filling out a form and posting with a SAE (how quaintly old fashioned)....Or we could perhaps do a "club entry" under the guise of Italian Motorcycle Owners Club IMOC...which would cover anyone going down on Italian machinery and I could sort this...membership for others not required....

More details here:-

https://www.tramway.co.uk/whatson/classic-motorcycle-event/

Individual application here:-

https://www.tramway.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Classic-Motorcycles-TC-FV.pdf

And heres a "group" application which I could do once "numbers" of folk interested are known....

https://www.tramway.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Classic-Motorcycles-Club-TC-FV.pdf

So...for now...as registration is now "open"...I merely need a "yup I'm in" with either a "please include me in a club application"...or notify if applying yourself by using the voting buttons at the top of the Post.....Cheers.......
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I would like to go, but I have no idea what state I am going to be on over the year.

All the best

Katy
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can include you in on a "block" booking Katy....theres no charge for them and it just means general bike details of a list.......and as none of us have been before then no great loss if weather comes into play/bike breakdowns and no shows...the Mcr show was a bit different in that they gave us an allocated size of space on demand for free that they could have sold if we didn't fill it...so there was always a touch of pressure if no-one showed up...which never happened..in fact there was only One year out of 5 when only one person didn't show up...which is quite exemplary in itself...

I also feel like this is a MUCH smaller intimate affair...lining up on the Tram platform...and chance to ride down the lines apparently...thus insurance required if bike being ridden...bit like they do at the Isle of Man TT when they have the IMOC Show of bikes on the railway station platform....
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya

In which case, add me on. There is a chance I won't me able to go there and a good chance I won't be able to ride there (docs orders) . Probably be the Bimota but could possibly be another bike (well, the Freccia was designed by Tamburini......).

Choke cable snapped on the Dieci on Sunday. Need to make up another but my solder pot has died. New one on order so hopefully get it sorted soon.

All the best

Katy
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't have to be a Bimota...just pre 1994 for actual showing....if you have anything fancy that may scoop the "Best International Bike" or "Best in Show awarded by the Public"....if we get lots of Bimota owners down there we may be able to swing the public vote...as all other prizes are down to the Judge...and seeing as the Main Event is set by the Vincent Owners Club...it maybe has a slight bias...cough cough

Laminator is up for it now also, threatening to bring 3 or 4 YB's down...also Paul DB2 with his YB6 and DB1...me as usual.....Poor Old Vort says his are all POST 1994.....young nipper that he is...Andy G is also choosing between a Guzzi California from the 50's or his Benelli Sei 6 cylinder....depending on what is running at the time......could be a good old selection...need to chin up Glynn Robinson and his KB1...or one of his Vincents...and maybe BimotaNige wants a ride across on a SB3/4/KB1 or DB2???
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya

If I brought the trailer I could bring the CX rolling chassis again. Might even have a wiring loom on it by then

All the best

Katy
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been speaking to Glynn Robinson of the Vincent Workshop....he fancies coming down...maybe with his KB1...it appears though that my guessed perception of this event being for 20-30 bies is a bit "out"...apparently they get up to 500 bikes down there...which I suppose I should have expected given its close proximity to the famed biker meet town of Matlock Bath.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: