Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Crich Tramway Classic Motorcycle Meeting - Matlock Bath
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Intending to Attend with Classic Bike?
Please include me within a Club Joint application
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
I will sort my own application
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Lastly....but always far from least....the Elusive "Admin" aka Katy.....and Jade...who rode down on the Dieci and Cagiva Freccia C12

Yet again...and not for the first time....ACTUAL photos of Katy have eluded me....Now you see here ...now you dont....I rate myself pretty darn good at being a paparazzi style camera man...taking sneaky shots when folk least expect...or even know about...But That Darn Admin must be donning
a cloak of invisibility whenever I take my camera out..

At least her bikes are less elusive and static for piccies though...Big thanks for the FORUM...and your ever invaluable work keeping it going...and all the Best for your new future.....X

Last edited by 2bims on Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh...and cheers to BimotaNige....who travelled over from Sheffield on his KB1....didn't take any darn piccies it seems other than long range shots...been too long...must meet again...
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:

AndyG reliving his youth beside his first ever bike..Yammie Fiss...Is it like Wagon Wheels? Have they gotten smaller or the owners bigger?...

I think we all know the answer to that one Steve Laughing

Steve was struggling to take pictures because it was that hot his camera refused to play ball half the time as it kept shutting down with "overheating", a bit like some of the owners
Here are some more photos of the just a few of the many bikes there. Smile

First up the Bimotas, Steves DB2, my YB6 Exup and Katy's Dieci and Nigel's KB1

Cagiva Freccia 125

Some Moto Morinis

An Aermacchi race bike

A Benelli 654 sport with a 304 behind it

PaulDB2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the Ducatis
A rare 500 GTV

250 24 Horas

Andy G's Drama, sorry Darmah Wink

The smallest Ducati racer I have ever seen

MV Agusta 350 twin

And an Italian bruiser that needs no introduction

Some nice British triples, T150 and T150. Plus an Ariel Arrow race bike

And in the aubergine corner, a Silk and a Norton

Japanese bikes well represented, especially GT750 Kettles and four cylinder Kawasakis

Not sure about the green plug wires though!

And finally something hit with the ugly stick...many times Laughing

vort28

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a grand day out !!
Almost to hot though for riders and machines !! bet there was a lot of overheating going on with the aircooled motors.

Sorry I couldn't make it 2bim's but was on a weekend away
GeeKay

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wot - no Vincent's?.......... Shocked
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loads of Vincents, in fact 2bims rode down with a group of them. They had their own display area a little further up the track, some absolute stunners including a Black Prince and 2 Norvins and more Black Shadows than you could shake a stick at. I must have been wilting in the heat by then as I don't seem to have taken any photos of them !
Hopefully Steve will post some later. It was a great day out, really relaxing and no hassle.
stockcar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like a cracking day out......
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK...heres goes a Marathon run of uploading...apologies for any "duplications" paulDB2...it does seem like we snapped a few too many "sames"...I have many duplications of the same bikes...but here goes...In "large Thumbnail" format.

Firstly though...this will be a repeat event if the weather is good each year, at least for myself...so well run....a beautiful place....run casually but efficiently....turn up and display when you want....ride home back down the tram lines when you want...Fantastic place and I will return just so I can get that tram ride I promised myself but all trams were full and lines of customers long....they could have done with a Large inflatable pool for riders to wallow in and cool down...and more food/drink stations...But thats it....very small criticisms not of their fault...No-one could have guessed the weather would be so hot and attendance so high.

Event was "free Entry" for any booked in bikes MANUFACTURED before January 1994

Running in order from start of day to end of day.

Each club was allocated its own spot on the large site...Vincents all together...velocettes, BSA's Nortons, Triumphs etc....Italians all down to one end...and then overflow areas all over the site for late comers as the tram sidings near the tram garages was full after we turned up

Everything you see here has been dissaembled from elsewhere and rebuilt here...bridge, tramlines, cobbles...footpaths, stations EVERYTHING...even the pub

Our Location under the guise of the "IMOC" club....which we thought would be 5 bikes...as thats what I booked in...but there must have been 30 or so already there when I turned up

The Z club

The Yamaha CLub

The Kettle Club....which was next door to the Black Pot club

Italia!!!!

Aye up...There she Blows!!...Admin is in Da house...

Next Post...I enter the Tram Museum....so scant pictures of bikes...but there will be more later
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was brief....now more bikes

Here he comes...walking down da street...got the funniest feeling...everytime we meet....WaHey…..

Where else do you get a Norton Commando...a Katana (with dodgy leather saddlebags and high rise bars...and a RG500 Gamma next to each other?

Me Brother used to have one of these....lent it to me one day so I could deliver Valentines cards to several addresses...always best to hedge your bets....Had the odd "long shot" but also delivered to "sure bets" ….Came round a 90 degree bend 2nd gear and some kid newspaper delivery boy was gestering for me to cane it and pop a wheelie....Well...I tried the caning part but maybe a little early....back wheel kicked, bit and threw me arse of the saddle and feet off the pegs...but...not my bike...so I hung on for grim death...which would have been administered by my brother....and I re-enacted my impression of superman flying....eventually arse hit saddle...feet found pegs and several weeks later...heart rate returned to normal

Hats were high on the agenda...style less so

Prominent signs for old people with bad eyes....One Forum member was occassionally cross...I suggested he stand there....So I did....

I waved at this tramload of folk out in the midday Sun....Not one miserable git waved back...I think the trams destination was Dignitas in Switzerland?

Everything here is purposely brought in from elsewhere and lovingly recreated brick by brick...stone by stone...no plastic or fake timber hoardings here with nothing behind them...

Vincent Owners CLub Stand...Pride of place at the main entrance and Band stand...and Burger Bar...spoilt rotten they were...Probably over 50 vincents ridden there....Rare?...methinks not....other than the Bimotas organised thru this Forum to be there...there was no other bimota turned up by chance

More Vincents than you could poke a stick at...the event was officially hosted by the Vincent Owners Club...Or as I like to call it...Saga Bike Owners Club...Must have been over 50 down there...all riden down....I followed 3 down on our bike train.....I thought I was back in Afghanistan....and a Chinook Helicopter was following us looking for a landing spot...turned out one of the Vincents we were following was a single cylinder version with open pipe.....Whoo whoo whoo

Check out the number plate...Of course back in the 1930's....."WTF" meant nothing....

a Nor-Vin....Norton frame...Vincent engine

Last edited by 2bims on Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone wanting more???

Duck!!!!!!!!!

Oops///Duc….

This is what all the bikes had to ride down to get to their planned "spots" to rest up for the day...Evidently trams are quite slow moving....and were held to stop at set-up and shut down...Marshalls and Fat Controllers all with their Walkie Talkies

2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only another 60 pictures or so to post...Time for tea now though...and it looks like I'm "chef" again tonight...more later

Overflow area of "Z's across the bridge...you really had to hunt everywhere

This wonderful Fellow professed to being older than his bike, that rode in when we were there

Check out his number plate and do the Maths....an inspiration to all of us out there...you really are never too old....Over 86 years old....Bike and Rider

Yup....More Vincents

AndyG reliving his youth besides his first ever bike..Yammie Fiss...Is it like Wagon Wheels? Have they gotten smaller or the owners bigger?...

You've gotta love a Honda 400/4 header system

Take time to look at all the pictures...everything is real...and has been sourced and brought here and re-erected...lighting columns...bus helters...Granite kerbs, footpaths and granite sets between the tramlines...Its not "like" an old village..it is an old village...its just been relocated and preserved.....

The Robin Hood Riders Race team started up their race bikes at 1pm...No Emissions or Db testers/limits here for sure

The BSA boys...all in front of a genuine pub....selling beer and food...that was dismantled brick by brick and rebuilt here.

Italian....Admins YB and Cagi

The BOys and the Bikes

I so SO nearly dived into here..it was that hot down there...

I wonder if this "association" is still in Business?

Last edited by 2bims on Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Want to see some BSA's??? Pride of place for the Ton-up Ace Café Racer Boys...right outside the only pub in the Village

It was round about this time that AndyG fell asleep listening to my DB2 story....Thought only horse and cows could do that standing up??

You could almost be back in the roaring 50's and 60's....Place needed a Rockers Jukebox playing

A Few Old timers making their way home

Almost the Smallest Club display down there...the GPZ900 Owners club....Only surpassed by the Bimota Club/Forum....The Top Gun wannabees managed 50% more bikes than we did...just like my school report..Must try harder next year

Again....keep thinking...everything you see fixed or mobile...has been brought here from somewhere else...I really should be on Commission for this event.

Sun had passed from East to West....finally...some shade...the mention of "pub" was heard...Pack up and go time

And what nicer place to end it than here???....Should have checked in for the night...I'd have died to have had a shower....

Hasta La Vista Bimota!......

Wink
glened

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A big thank you to all concerned for the amazing pictures. Looks like you had a cracking day out, maybe one day when I quit adding bits to the Bim I will join you on one of your outings,
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a triton there...a very lonely singular Triton....with a "wanted advert" ........"Triton - seeks similar for company, friendship, trips out etc..."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: