Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Crich Tramway Classic Motorcycle Meeting - Matlock Bath
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Intending to Attend with Classic Bike?
Please include me within a Club Joint application
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
I will sort my own application
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all on FB......I gotten lazy.....
morebhp

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand doo - good to meet a few other members there - did I get a prize for the furthest travelling forum member Wink
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your Prize?.....Dont you remember collecting it when you were there??…..You got to sit on my DB2...and then....You got to take this home also....(the one sat on the bike not what was under....)..>Was great to meet you...although I thought you were the Police when you first came across me...OR HMRC or somesuch.....Havent been called by my surname since school.....certainly won the prize of furthest travelled...coming all the way from Spain....

A few more Bimota images....5 down there...not a bad turn out for an event thats all in the open and subject to the weather

And this was just before the 7.30am start....waiting for a couple of tag alongs to arrive

And just for the occassion...I wore my "the Horn" Black and gold Borsalino related jersey just for the occassion...cheers Gav....I'm growing into it

Another Italian twin arrived

And then another Italian twin arrived

Neighbours were loving me early Sunday morning warming up so many twins and V4's

Then an English Single

Near "macc"...waiting for 2 more English twins to arrive...Vincent Black Shadows/Rapides.....

The Vincent owners and Riders got pride of place outside of the pub.....drinking 40p cordial pints of Orange.....Most of them are on Pensions....Average age 75 of the group...eldest 85.....

Us "young Boys" settled for Ice creams and lollies....Good to Meet up with Laminator once more...been more than 2 years since we last met...oops...no...1 year...he was at Brands Hatch Festival D'Italia....it was the first time I saw him ride a bike though...there with his mate Andy and Laminators Dad Jed....

The other guy far right turned up on a 700cc Silk watercooled 2 stroke twin...Nice....

Here we have left to right...GlenDB10.....BimotaAndy and PaulDB2

All suitably disguised with silly hats to shade baldies from the Sun

Anyone want any more shots???
morebhp

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It that was the prize good job I won Wink

Great photos!
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

morebhp wrote:
It that was the prize good job I won Wink

Great photos!

I think you may have had an unfair advantage seeing as you brought the prize with you.....Where were you visiting in the UK to be able to visit Crich?

Did you stop in Matlock Bath on the way back?

Event was strangely quieter this year than last...methinks there was a lot on that day elsewhere in the country....there was certainly larger crowds and more bikes there last year...still a great event seeing the efforts of many a biker bring their cherished possessions down...and theres a fair few "closet" bimota owners also...one of the Vincent crowd has a couple...a KB1 and Tesi2D.....one of the Guzzi riders has a DB5 Mille and one on a BMW has a DB4ie.....some fellow down there confessed to owning a Vdue he'd never ridden and was keen to sell on....
morebhp

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was visiting girlfriend, friends and family in Nottingham.

Yes lots going on last weekend - World Superbikes at Donington and a load of my biker mates (including a multi Bim owner) were at the Skerries in Ireland or competing in a big off road enduro event in Yorkshire.

My first Crich so can't comment on previous year but there was plenty eye candy on show. Lots of lovely two strokes although, as an ex RD500, RG500 and H2 owner was a tad disappointed at the lack of these bikes on show.

But plenty other stuff to see - I thiink you photographed most the stuff which caught my eye besides the Bimotas - the Heskeths, the kettles the kwaka 5, Z1, RD400's, etc!

Great event and again great to meet the members of this forum!
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for making the trip over....initially I was caught off guard with the "mr Surname"...but you followed up with "2bims" …..always nice to meet up with some more fellow Forum members...…

2-strokes....I feel that a lot have reached such a high value that folk just aren't riding them anymore...rose tinted glasses folk buying their bike of yesteryear but really stretching themselves cash wise to secure RD500's, RG500's etc.....even say RGV250 Pepsi cola bikes weren't there....I followed in an RG500 Gamma last year but it wasn't there this year ...Only another 3 years times and The BImota Vdues will qualify.....there were 2 No. NS400's and a NS250 that Ive never seen before...still relatively low values on those so still ridden...Shame really...if they have an engine they should be ridden...Hey ho...each to their own.....so what Bimotas does your friend have? Is he on here?

Some more pictures:-

2bims

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more?

Someone that I was very glad to meet that was down there …..who has previously confessed to being camera shy....despite his recent appearance on Car SOS.....and being seen by millions on TV......tried to outrun my digital camera....whilst holding and eating his Solero ice lolly...he failed

He rode down and back on his YB8 evo

There was a veritable shortage of Ducs down there....the Owners club dont seem to have heard about the show.....

Pit Stop TIme at the Old Hall IN chinley for some much needed refreshment and more bike chat....cheers Mr MC for allowing us to invade your establishment and partake of your wares

"Thats All Folks".........Until next year
morebhp

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pics!

People who don't use their bikes eh - I can't understand them Wink

Art collectors!

Yes my mate is on here - a voyeur with probably less than ten posts - "what caused my vdue to hole it's piston?" type posts!

He bought a member of this forums VDue and also has an SB6r - where are you George!

Very Happy
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

morebhp wrote:
Great pics!

People who don't use their bikes eh - I can't understand them Wink

Art collectors!

Very Happy

Yeh...Pah…..those folk that have a couple of Bimotas lying idle in their Dining rooms eh...I just dont get it....(PS - Theres no glass left in my greenhouse...and I'm all out of rocks)
glened

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A cracking day out, thoroughly enjoyed the whole day. Thanks for taking all the pictures, see you all at the next meeting...hopefully on a bike next time.

Regards Glen
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you glen....although maybe you may want to put some bar risers or handlebars on that triton of yours....

I managed to get you in on the odd shot....I prefer the clandestine "natural" photography where no-one knows I'm snapping.....TBH...I'd normally take more pictures...but this year I was having such a laugh that most of the time I forgot to take shots
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fresh in from Crich,...….The results of the Public Vote

Crich Tramway Village 'Classic Motorcycle Day'
2 hrs ·
Public vote for BEST IN SHOW
The idea of the vote was for everyone to vote for their favourite bike in the show.
Looking at the numbers, we had nearly 70 bikes with 1 or 2 votes, which I'm guessing is probably the owners voting for their own or their mates bike, but I could be wrong.
Anyway, over 300 people took part in the vote, which is a lot better than last year and the top four bikes were.

1st No180 Rudge Multi with 19 votes
2nd No 61 Triumph Speed Twin with 16 votes
3rd No 335 Norvin with 11 votes
4th No 88 Bimota DB2 with 10 votes

After the count, all the voting slips were put in a box and after the award ceremony we randomly picked out some winners. Each one drawn out got some kind of prize, t-shirt, mug hand cleaner etc and if the winner wasn't there, we selected another one.
Miss it, miss out folks !
Thank you for taking part and after the survey results we intend to repeat the vote next year.

So....4th place.....not so bad....and only 2 of the votes were my own ….
morebhp

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 from me Very Happy

Congrats on the 4th and 1st modern classic Smile 1st Italian, etc!
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers More BHP......it is stiff competition down there with so many concourse British bikes and the slant is towards Brit bikes also....so not much shout out for Italian classics....cheers for the votes though....I'm happy with 4th.....and hope you enjoyed yourself down there
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: