Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Performance Bikes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject: Performance Bikes Reply with quote

My SB6 is in the readers bikes this month (page 15) Cool
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just logged on to put it on forum, copy arrived today and spotted it on the initial flick through.
Never knew your sb6 had engine work done on it, must be rather quick now !! Shocked Very nice Very Happy
brian

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great Boris! Not sure if we that mag in Aus?
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:
Just logged on to put it on forum, copy arrived today and spotted it on the initial flick through.
Never knew your sb6 had engine work done on it, must be rather quick now !! Shocked Very nice Very Happy

It gets down the road.
It was limited to 100bhp when I got it ... went through the bike trying to find the restriction. A set of JE pistons came up, I had the work done using a pair of Kent Cams but after that it picked up a valve. So that ment a new piston, head and used 750 cams rather than the Kent ones. I got the head cleaned up at the same time.
You know what it's like with these one mod leads to another Smile
vort28

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah , know what you mean about the mods, sent a future on a Ducati engine once, one thing leds to another.
Try to keep away from engine mods now , although I do like to put lighter wheels on thins. The carbon dymags should make a big difference to your 6.

On the 6 speed box front , I have one in my YB11, not me but previous owner did it. Anyway TBH I don't really see the benefit. Yes it has 1 more gear, but the exup motor ( and the Gixer 1100) have such grunt you don't tend to need to change up/down so often you just ride the torque.
vort28

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah , know what you mean about the mods, sent a future on a Ducati engine once, one thing leds to another.
Try to keep away from engine mods now , although I do like to put lighter wheels on thins. The carbon dymags should make a big difference to your 6.

On the 6 speed box front , I have one in my YB11, not me but previous owner did it. Anyway TBH I don't really see the benefit. Yes it has 1 more gear, but the exup motor ( and the Gixer 1100) have such grunt you don't tend to need to change up/down so often you just ride the torque.
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I know what you mean about 5 gears but if you try to drop into first for a slow bend or hairpin it will lock up if you hurry it. So maybe a slightly lower first and a slightly higher top ... Maybe.
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya

Other nice thing about an extra gear is when you want to play tunes on the gearbox.

Nice thing about the 7 speed gearbox on some Cagivas!

All the best

Katy
T8KC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:28 am    Post subject: Re: Performance Bikes Reply with quote

Evilchicken0 wrote:

Nice Bike, Boris. I like the red paint.

My bike has a 70 series tire on it so how did you raise the fender; ovalize the mounting holes?
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bimota used to always fit ss braided brake lines from new.....some folk do find that the T union on the 1:2 front brake line can fail after time...lines crimped onto a T connecter
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Performance Bikes Reply with quote

T8KC wrote:
Evilchicken0 wrote:

Nice Bike, Boris. I like the red paint.

My bike has a 70 series tire on it so how did you raise the fender; ovalize the mounting holes?

At first I just fitted it and the road grit would make a noise. I tried locally the holes. I think it's down to the way the mudgard is fixed, it gets pinched into a shape at the top but the circumference of a 70 is the thing, I guess the leading edge must have caught and the mudgard sheared off under braking.
I used plastex and extended the bottom raising the whole thing

The crimps on my union piece broke. I think the lines get old and swell under the pressure eventually breaking the crimp. I fitted new lines and tried them out before fitting the mudgard ... just in front of the garage ... The tyre cut through heatshrink. I was so gutted I just put some gaffe tape on them
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: