Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Tail light for DB6 Delirio

View previous topic :: View next topic  
olelie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject: Tail light for DB6 Delirio Reply with quote

Still searching for a tail light. I was tipped here a couple of years ago that Benelli Tre 900 has a similar light but they are not exactly easy to come by either.

Anyone happen to have one for sale ?

[/img]
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contact Paolo Girotti of BimotaClassicParts in Italy......he has LED replacement units that will fit with a little adjustment here and there......
Kawamartin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.maniac-parts.de/artikel.php?id=5236

It is in Led
Gavca

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEllo folks! Has anyone done the LED rear light swap? Could you share your impressions and pics?
I was browsing the Benelli forum and found out that it appears that the tail light os the DB5, DB6 and Tesi are the same as the Benelli Tornado 900. And more recently some small engined chinese bikes have LED lights that fits our beloved Bimotas.
They look exactly the same as the ones Maniac Motors sells, but for a fraction of the price.

Hope this is done correctly...
https://m.ru.aliexpress.com/item/2038431599.html?trace=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail&productId=2038431599&productSubject=Original-LED-rear-light-for-stels-flame200-motorcycle
I have no idea why this is in russian, tho.

[/img]
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to adapt the bodywork to fix the LED ones in place...the original Benelli unit is the same...fixing with just one plastic tab at the top and one very long allen bolt underneath....these LED ones require 2 fixings from behind to locate them in place
lobomau

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gavca wrote:
HEllo folks! Has anyone done the LED rear light swap? Could you share your impressions and pics?
I was browsing the Benelli forum and found out that it appears that the tail light os the DB5, DB6 and Tesi are the same as the Benelli Tornado 900. And more recently some small engined chinese bikes have LED lights that fits our beloved Bimotas.
They look exactly the same as the ones Maniac Motors sells, but for a fraction of the price.

Hope this is done correctly...
https://m.ru.aliexpress.com/item/2038431599.html?trace=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail&productId=2038431599&productSubject=Original-LED-rear-light-for-stels-flame200-motorcycle
I have no idea why this is in russian, tho.

[/img]

I´ve done it.
check it here,
http://www.bimotaforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=5810
photos available.
Gavca

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
You have to adapt the bodywork to fix the LED ones in place...the original Benelli unit is the same...fixing with just one plastic tab at the top and one very long allen bolt underneath....these LED ones require 2 fixings from behind to locate them in place

Thanks, 2bims! 👍🏻
Gavca

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="I´ve done it.
check it here,
http://www.bimotaforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=5810
photos available.[/quote]

Looks nice, lobomau! I will try to do it but it seems I will have a little hard time getting one of those lights down here (I’m in Rio). Brazilian customs makes importing parts an odissey. How much did you for the led set?

By the way, I have been to o Porto last February. Did not see any bimotas cruising the city. You must be one of a very few around town. My cousin lives there and he just got a Benelli 500. He sent me some pictures of the helmet blessings ceremony at Fatima. Quite a nice event. Hope I can go some day.
lobomau

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gavca,

You can buy it on ebay.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KEEWAY-RKV-125-RKS-125-KSR-Worx-125-GENERIC-Code-125-REAR-LAMP-LED-NEW/401464909646?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

or probably on Keeway dealer in Brasil.

About Bimotas cruising city of Porto. The only Bimota I've ever seen ... is mine.
But sure there is more ones.
Gavca

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lobomau,
I have an ebay account, but the last time I purchased something it took 3 months to clear customs uppon arrival. And I was charged a 70% import tax over the total invoice amount including shipping. So, I basicly payd twice for one item. And sometimes it gets so messy you might never receive your goods.
Unfortunately there are no Keeway dealers here. I might just wait for a friend to travel abroad to bring it to me since its not such a big or heavy item.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: