Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Bimota SB8R Special .. Should i?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tenchu2x

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha my heart want both the same, thats why i want to find more rational reasons for one Smile
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tenchu, I think in this discussion we should go back to the basics. Such as the history and current condition of both bikes. The TL R engine is a great twin but has its moments. For example, it likes to leak. My bike came from a collection but it took some time to sort the oil leaks. Stock Suzuki clutch cover is garbage made from plastic which has a tendency to deform and leak. Solution here is to get a custom made billet cover. What engine management does the SB8RS comes with?

If the bike is great condition, then €9k maybe a good deal for the S.
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
Falcolion

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tenchu,

I would take Mondial over SB8RS. Even though it’s even less common then a regular SB8R, I personally would pass. Late 90th/early 2000 design. Crazy intake tubes that are in the way. Mondial is 100% rarer bike. Just check condition up close and find out what’s up with side fairing decals. Besides Mondial will keep its value better.

If I had available cash a while back I had chance to get brand new Mondial for about $25k.

Engine wise both have Japanese reliability and parts availability. Suspension wise it’s pretty much the same. Bimota has a bit better chance of finding duplicate bodywork but these are very slim chances. Mondial has non-existent chance for bodywork.

My assumption is that you will not be taking either of these beauties to the truck. If that’s the case grab Mondial and when times comes around you will be able to find another Bimota

That’s my 2 cents
2008 BMW HP2 Sport
2007 Aprilia RSVR Bol D'Or
2006 Bimota SB8K Santamonica
2005 Benelli Tornado Tre
2002 Mondial Piega
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: