Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Miscellaneous little bits for a DB2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darmah

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:55 pm    Post subject: Miscellaneous little bits for a DB2 Reply with quote

I purchased my DB2 last September and couldn't be happier. No, that's not completely true. It would have been nice if the previous owner had also had some of the little bits that would have originally come with the bike. Now I have to hunt down the following;
tool bag and kit
owner's manual (I have a pdf but want an original hard copy)
original bike stand that they came with
bike cover (I've been told they came with one but haven't been able to confirm that)

Looking forward to hearing back from anyone who has one of the above for sale or can point me in the direction of finding any. Thanks.
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hhmmmmmmmmmm.....that's a list...but probably only about half way there...

Do you have the Bimota logo'd leather key fobs with press button that hold your fuel cap key whilst in the ignition...to stop it marking the top yoke...2 of those would have come with the bike

The toolkit was "generic"...and plastic wallet container...but it did contain one of these for adjusting the concentrics for chain tension

https://www.ebay.it/itm/Registro-tendicatena-Bimota-DB1-DB2-Tool-chain-adjust-300000048/222879505136?hash=item33e4a75af0:g:3EMAAOSw2GlXD3ll

These are original Bimota bike covers...but I've only heard of these being given with DB5 onwards...circa 2006 and on

https://www.ebay.it/itm/Telo-copri-moto-Bimota-Bike-cover/222857111715?hash=item33e351a8a3:g:Y6YAAOSwAoRXFhEA

This is a photocopy of the original Owners manual...amazing how some folk ask 50 euros for one of these...and some folk wil; just email a copy out for free

https://www.ebay.it/itm/Copia-Libretto-istruzioni-per-luso-Bimota-DB2-Owners-Manual-COPY-ITA-ENG/222857133072?hash=item33e351fc10:g:1a4AAOSwubRXIMAy

Workshop manual...again a photocopy for 50 euros...yet ditto comments as above (strictly speaking though...these were for the dealers use and not for handing out to customers..."one" wasnt supposed to service and tend to "ones" own Bimota back in the days...

https://www.ebay.it/itm/COPIA-MANUALE-OFFICINA-BIMOTA-DB2-WORKSHOP-MANUAL-COPY-ITA-ENG/222857136339?hash=item33e35208d3:g:ITEAAOSw3mpXIgl5

Paioli Front fork manual...but again...for dealers and not customers...41mm forks as per DB2

https://www.ebay.it/itm/Copia-Manuale-Forcella-Paioli-41-Copy-Owners-Manual-for-forks/222857111714?hash=item33e351a8a2:g:NT8AAOSw1DtXH4-R

Available for free on download or from someone on here.......

Wink

Spare parts manual...again a photocopy at 50 Euros...and again ditto comments above...again for dealers really

And then theres the Warranty and service book...this...for a change is a genuine original version

https://www.ebay.it/itm/Libro-garanzia-e-manutenzione-Bimota-Warranty-and-service-book/222894339354?hash=item33e589b51a:g:8mUAAOSw3mpXGIoS

Here are the leather key fobs, that fold over in half...and the tiny threaded brass pin holds the keys in place...and then you clip it in...these are "reproduced"...BUT...they are made in Italy by the same company that made the originals....from virgin cows fed only on fresh natural pastures basking in the Rimini midday sun

https://www.ebay.it/itm/Portachiavi-Bimota-vintage-in-pelle-Original-Leather-keyring-Bimota/222879502074?hash=item33e4a74efa:g:xs0AAOSwBT9ZrT2W

I quite like those and can confirm they are the same as the original...complete with the stamped logo

Wait...I haven't finished yet....Rear packing crate pop up stands do come up on ebay occasionally...but you have to then have made the pins to locate in the concentrics as evidently you cant push the normal rod through...because the DB2 has a solid and not hollow spindle....BCP (seller of all of the above...has no stands left)

Then....theres the gold Bimota "b" pin badge...but maybe just for bikes from the 80's....

What??/ theres more????...theres the 2 page opening A4 sales brochure in full colour glossy card...a rare item...not given to owners...but handed out at dealers.......

More??? yup...there was a white plastic document holder...hard card inserts, opened up to put receipts etc in]]

Surely not more???? yup...one last item...that I've only ever seen photos of...a leather bound wallet folder in red hide....with a key locking front...with a silver plaque on the front with the exact serial number of the bike on it...

This is one of them...only 4 serial numbers away from mine

Then theres the wiring diagram

From the factory options list you could also order the carbon heel guard...and carbon wing mirrors

and then theres the titanium end cans just for the DB2

and lastly a pencil hand drawn sketch of your very own bike

Of course...I only know of one person who has all this bar the red leather folder...and all original copies...he can supply high res copies of the sales brochure and other stuff...which he doesnt charge for......but being as obsessive as perhaps yourself...its unlikely he'd sell any of the stuff...got to go now...but I'll dig out names of dealers that may be able to help you with original copies of the owners manual....also try Bob of Bimota spirit in the USA...he's provided originals of owners manuals for me before
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh...you can also but these pin badges...which are made of metal and hand enamelled...said previous person also has one of these of course......Many of the trinkets given by Bimota to new owners is very evidently kept by the seller for nostalgia...or coz they've misplaced them...or sometimes more commonly, the new owner has "stolen" the bike at a cheap price...and thus the previous owner has held back on giving out the trinkets.........If I see any of the Original bits youre looking for I'll give you a shout privately.....I do have a spare tool kit though....wink wink...even the duster cloth that comes with it is still in its original sealed envelope.....TREASURE!!!!!!!!!!....

https://www.ebay.it/itm/Pin-Anstecker-Bimota-db-2-db2-Motorrad-Art-0273-Motorbike-Moto/390323576327?hash=item5ae1191e07:g:r9MAAOxyRhBSzcdY
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh....found something...Original copy of Owners Manual...sent you a pm
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may want one of these for your man cave...you should be able to click and print off whatever size you want

I should perhaps mention that I hope you are a patient and young or at least healthy man...it took me 8 years to collect all the pieces...my bike came with one ignition key and one petrol cap key...and no front discs!!!.......
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This spare parts manual shows you the contents of the tool bag at the very end...and the actual rear bike stand and leather key fob...and the concentric chain adjuster tool....no bike cover is shown though

http://www.bimota-teile.de/Parts/index.html
Darmah

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did get the leather key cover a few weeks ago and I have found all the manuals (parts, owner's, wiring diagram, etc.) online for free which was great. I even found a couple of the original rubber fuel tank hold-downs which surprised me.
The parts I listed are just what I am missing from having the bike essentially complete. I guess it doesn't matter a lot as having the bike itself is the main thing. Still, it will be nice over the next few years to gradually find what I can.
Darmah

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting closer. I found an original hard copy of the owner's manual but not the nice leather case that would have originally come also. I found a tool kit with the bag but it's missing the shock adjuster and the 2-piece spark plug wrench. If anyone has a lead on those two items I would much appreciate it. I don't think I will try to find the stand as I have a really nice one anyway that is a nice red to match the frame and swing arm.

Last thing I need to really do is make the sidestand bracket that lets the sidestand stay down.
Darmah

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting closer. I found an original hard copy of the owner's manual but not the nice leather case that would have originally come also. I found a tool kit with the bag but it's missing the shock adjuster and the 2-piece spark plug wrench. If anyone has a lead on those two items I would much appreciate it. I don't think I will try to find the stand as I have a really nice one anyway that is a nice red to match the frame and swing arm.

Last thing I need to really do is make the sidestand bracket that lets the sidestand stay down.
2bims

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Side stand mod is very useful and reassuring.....

Rear shock absorber adjustment wrench.....As with the Bimota Vdue....DB5R....and DB2....these bikes came with Ohlins rear Shock absorbers...and seeing as Bimota dont ALWAYS reinvent the wheel....the bikes also came with the Genuine Ohlins rear shock absorber wrench

So...and be quick now....heres one in the states for sale....check it against the Owners Handbook Manual hand drawn picture of the spare tools....its the same

I only searched on Ebay.uk which draws in some USA sellers willing to post over here...so a search on ebay USA may draw in cheaper genuine Ohlins ones...

Hhmmm....seems like the one I found is the only one for sale on ebay in the USA....so I've modded the "post" and you now have a pm with the link to the item
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts Wanted All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: