Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Bimota Top Trumps Playing Cards....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Interested in a set of Bimota Top Trumps playing cards?
Yup, I'd want a set(s) of the Bimota playing cards
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
Defo...and I'd want my actual bike in
66%
 66%  [ 6 ]
Nah....What a load of old tat
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

2bims

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject: Bimota Top Trumps Playing Cards.... Reply with quote

Hi Folks.....who out there recalls "Top Trumps" playing cards as a kid.....they used to do all sorts of subject matter with an engine...."top Motorbikes", Top Supercars"...Top jet places, Top Tanks...etc etc....and there would be one photo of the vehicle...and maybe 6 items of information about it below...Top speed...0-60 time...Mass in Kgs/Lbs....Price.....Max altitude for places...Gun calibre size...Number of cylinders etc etc....and you are your mates would deal out the cards unseen equally and take it in turns to pick a category you though may "win" the hand....each choosing the first card you turned up from your hand...and drawing the value from the same category....so 6 cylinders would beat 4, 3, 2 and 1....400Kgs would beat 350 etc etc....

Well...the organiser of the stand I have my bikes on this year at a show is having a set made up for 2-stroke bikes....where chosen photos of actual owners bikes from his club are being used...with the stats for that bike...to have made a genuine set of Top Trumps Playing cards for 2-strokes...albeit he is confining his category to RDLC's only......I'll be speaking to him today...Can you see where I may be taking this??????????

Yup...I fancy doing the same with Bimotas from their very first inception to todays date....or rather when they stopped making them.......and I would be asking for photos of actual owners bikes to use...with the stats for the bike....which would be for a "original" from the factory bike to be fair...although colours and mods of bikes done I wouldn't be so bothered about.

Gauging interest in doing a run of these and asking for owners photos....I'll get more info on costs and feasibility today.....so far now...just a mere vote...yup....I'd be up for it...but also ...Nah...no thanks...I/we would also have to decide on the categories...if we had "price" we would have to use the Bimota bible Lire currency and numbers....6.3million Lire...and their stats on Mass...HP....Number of cylinders...Max speed...O-62mph...wheelbase length...maybe height...cant recall how many categories they used to have to choose from....Wouldn't it be cool to have a set of Bimota Playing cards with your very own bike(s) included in them???
GeeKay

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

156bhp

74lb/ft

174mph

I win Very Happy
brian

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How could any Bimota enthusiat say no to that Laughing . I'm in

I remember them well from my youth... in Australia they were called 'Super Trumps'. I particularly remember the drag cars and trains.
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeeKay wrote:
156bhp

74lb/ft

174mph

I win Very Happy

Ah...but if "Dry weight" was a topic.....maybe the YB5 would win???...theres always a card that will "trump" the seemingly best one....although with Motorbikes surely the "lowest" dry weight should be the winner......
vort28

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

think there was also a power/weight ratio.
Although if you having your own printed I guess you can customise the categories ?
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spoke to "Norbo" about the top Trumps sets he's had made up....of 2-stroke motorbikes...he runs the 2-stroke Forum RDLC crazy....and he wants a Bimota for the set he's making up....as it has the most power....but on cc would be beaten by the Kwacker 750 and GT750 kettle....he has also chosen "cool factor" etc so that some lesser bikes can beat more powerful/faster bikes...which is the aim of the game...being selective about which category you choose from to beat the other players when you know you have a lesser card to play....so dry weight is also added...thus a YB1/2/3 or SB1 could beat a SB6 or YB11...even though they have greater bhp or better max speed...Number of cylinders another.....total produced of each model...thus the rarer models could trump SB6 again

He says theres a fair few companies out there offering this service...you merely provide the photos you want to use...the categories and fill in the specs for those categories....he's going to tell me the company he has used before...as some companies print on playing cards...and top trump cards are bigger...so that the photos of the bikes can be bigger....a print of just one pack may be £30 on its own....with 35 playing cards....So vort...you can make your own set almost......and costs drop to maybe £8 a pack if orders or for over 50 packs.........
GeeKay

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well - at least it's good to know a Ducati powered bike won't win.

Unless they change the rules to suit.............. Very Happy
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A DB2 or DB1 could win on "number produced" as in exclusivity over say the more common SB6..... Laughing and of course...they weigh less...and we all want that...so less weight category again would beat an SB6/6r...I don't think I'd include 16inch wheels as beating 17inchers though....when it comes to inches...we all want bigger
phil-short

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want a set and no mistake..... another excuse to play with myself.....all my imaginary mates think bimotas are useless.....what do those clowns know?
rpo83

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great idea...

I don't remember these cards, but who wouldn't want a deck of playing cards with their own bikes included...

Steve

YB5 #130, YB5 #196, YB7 #302, SB6 #949, Laverda RGS Executive, Laverda RGS Corsa.
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've looked further into it....and yup...theres several companies doing the service...including the original card game supplier from...Ooo.....well...i was 11 or 12 at the time I played them..........soooooooooo....that was 40 years ago...so you may be forgiven if you don't recall them......

They offer different sizes of cards....playing card size a bit small...as pictures are smaller...but you can get proper Top trump sized cards...and they come in the plastic box with Perspex cover...card numbers originally there was 33 cards...but they do up to 52 cards in a set...so 52 cards....Youre one of 2 YB5 owners on here...so your YB5 would be included...as evidently you can only have one card for each model chosen...be like having two ace of spades...neither beats the other

Chosen categories I'm musing with so far...and you have to take it that some "minor" bikes have to be able to beat bigger bikes on some categories) are

BHP
Top Speed
Dry weight (with lesser being the best)
Exclusivity (numbers of that model made
Number of cylinders??...more...ahem being better
I considered "price" as the MRRP of Bimotas is known...but in Lire....its on Paolos BCP website...but evidently theres currency variations and bikes made from the 1970's to 2000 or so when they adopted the Euro as a currency....but thought it would be fun for folk to read out..."price when new...32 million 500 thousand Lire...."A YB5 for instance was 21,070,000 lire in 1986
So Engine CC would be my final choice...for which a YB5 would win if that was chosen on any given hand...having the largest engine cc of any Bimota made pre 2005...as DB8 etc had the ducati 1198 motor in them....Fun eh???you shout out engine cc thinking its a sure thing...and nope...youre up against the Diavel engine DB11 and that's 1198...so youre out...or at least lost that hand and the serve to play turns to your opponent...if 2 cards are "drawn"...i.e. 4 cylinder...4 clylinder....then they are palced on the table and another card drawn until one player wins and picks up all the cards on the table...game continues until one player has ALL the cards of all players

From 1974....to "today"...excluding race bikes YB1-3 and SB1...HDB1...GB1....so just using Road bikes...Bimota have made 69 different models in their 44 year history...and some 8000 bikes in total....I might have to cut off at 2005 though...as there are no "solid or firm" numbers of how many bikes Bimota made of their models running from that date onward...tis a shame...but true
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:

BHP
Top Speed

Real or claimed?

Razz

Managed 177mph from my Dieci through timing lights (bit more on the speedo).

Katy
laminator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I notice you mentioned 'Number of cylinders', I see your slowly coming round to the idea that 4 beats 2!!!! Very Happy
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admin wrote:
2bims wrote:

BHP
Top Speed

Real or claimed?

Razz

Managed 177mph from my Dieci through timing lights (bit more on the speedo).

Katy

All figures would have to be "as per Bimota literature" sales brochures or as sourced from the Holy Bible.....to be on a level playing field
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Probably good for me on power and bad for me on top speed!

Katy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: