Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Bimota SB8R Special .. Should i?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tenchu2x

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:12 pm    Post subject: Bimota SB8R Special .. Should i? Reply with quote

Hello guys,

i got an offer for a SB8R Special for 9000 Euros.. what you think? is it a good price? 3000 kilometres, looks good.

I am also thinking of a Mondial Piega in Carbon Black for 15.000 k .

well i cant afford both its actually a hard guess to decide between those 2 Wink

What are your thougts?

Cheers Robert
arsenic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, it’s a hard choice... i’d say the mondial is rarer than the SB8, but appart from that...
i can’t decide myself either, really tricky choice.... it’s really a matter of taste... and 15k for a Mondial is a good deal, while 9k for the SB8 is a « normal » deal....

Wich one do you prefer aesthetically ?
tenchu2x

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting... i thought the sb8r is the better deal . Pls note that it is a speziale , with the black carbon fairing , I thought that's worth more ?

The Mondial is also the black carbon version .
arsenic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may be right about the SB8... but the mondial in carbon hnnnnggg that’s pure sex !

Pfew, i would’t like to be you right now, the choice is way too hard to make Very Happy

I think i’d go for the Mondial... the carbon version at that price is a really good deal, the normal one is sold 18-25k€ in Europe, so 15k for the carbon version... it’s cheap.

How much miles on it ?

Édit : it’s this one ?

https://www.autoscout24.fr/offres/mondial-piega-1000-carbon-essence-noir-3abe27cc-ab39-4e0d-983c-588610ed13f1
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The closest I ever got to a Mondial was the 1957 Dustbin GP racer parked next to my SB8R on the grass at Quail Motorcycle Show. I checked out the link Arsenic posted, very nice looking bike.

It all depends on how you plan to use the bike. Having ridden the SB8R in Los Angeles traffic, and even just on regular streets and freeways with good traffic flow, I would recommend going for the Mondial as a rider bike. However, if you want to put up a beautiful display that would just blow people's minds by looking at it, the SB8R is hard to beat.
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
tenchu2x

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems the Mondial is the smaller bike while the sb8r is more a fat lady right ?

It would be my 6th bike though . I own an 2007 f4, Db5, MV AGUSTA checca, benelli Tornado and a duc 998. And I can't fit more than 6 in a garage
arsenic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sb8 is only 10kg heavier tho...
But yeah, with the « round » shape of the aesthetic it look more massive, the Mondial look sharper, especially with the carbon fairing...

Well, if you can’t put more than 6 bikes in your garage, just put the one you ride the less into your living room Very Happy
Im sure your wife will agree !
tenchu2x

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha good one !Wink

Well my kids would be thrilled Wink
My wife , not so much
arsenic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should make a vote then, let the majority decide ! Very Happy
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the MOndial petrol tank closely...last...and only time I've seen one in the flesh....it was dripping petrol on the bottom rhs corner at the back....the carbon was too thin...and or ethanol in the fuel and not properly lined to accommodate...Sb8 for me...its a Bimota....Mondials look a bit strange in the flesh....a few odd angles and bits........Have you tried Pierro Caroni of Vdue fame?? he bought the bankrupt stock of the Mondial company and I'm sure he has a few bikes left.........including loads of engines....
tenchu2x

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How could i contact Pierro Caroni?
The one thing i am wondering about the Mondial in the ad (link postes above) is that it is missing the Mondial signs on the fairings left and right.

do you think the Bimota though is a good price? it 13.000 km for 9000 for a sb8rs
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piero has no bikes left , Vdue or Mondial , although does have lots of engines/frames/swing arms for Mondial . What he does not have is bodywork and has to have a run of 50 done , so not worth his effort.

The tank in question 2bim's was actually alloy, but yeah was leaking as the alloy had thinned during manufacture and cracked in use.
TBH I think the standard blue/silver body work is also carbon , just sprayed , only carbon swing arm cover left bare to make it appear as carbon swinger , ( its very convincing , got to view swing from below to see it only a cover.)

I'm with 2bims though on the looks, although the SB8RS looks far better IMHO if the rear silencers are tucked under seat.
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stand corrected...or rather seated Vort....I'm even more alarmed that it was alloy and leaking though...Carbon I can forgive...being folded, layered...eaten by ethanol...but an alloy tank stretched too thin so that it leaks???...Questionable re other items they made....all no matter though...in the flesh...its just not a Bimota...and yeh...Carbon swinging arm very convincing....but its a wrap...Bimota would never "add" weight to something to make it look something that it isn't...
tenchu2x

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hm thats a good point...would u say that with the sb8r you get more for the money than with the mondial?
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you need to think more with your heart than your head or your wallet......then sort whatever may need doing.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: