Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

My first Bimota

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pillingb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject: My first Bimota Reply with quote

https://postimg.org/image/mtzfoscav/

vort28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nearly, just paste in link and preview to check it works. Not the easiest forum to post pictures on.

Anyway , Welcome and congradulations !! Very Happy
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheepdip yellow ...very nice...and welcome to the Forum....and now you need to give us more info...does it work...where'd you buy it from? hows it ride...anything needed to fix anything broken...etc etc...was up in cumbria today...could have come and seen it if i'd known there was a Bimota there...mind you "just down the road" in cumbria can mean ferry rides....riding horseback across valleys and bumbling up goat tracks just to get to your neighbours house...
phil-short

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome here a good place to find.
SR or SRI?
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judging by the large 'b' logo on the side fairing I would think it is an SR. Welcome to the forum.
Pillingb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it on eBay down in Preston and couldn’t resist it. It didn’t sell in the first auction but nevertheless I didn’t negotiate very hard! I’ve always believed it to be the best looking bike ever put together. I must have been about 22 (20 years ago) when I saw a yb9 review in Performance Bikes (I think) and until I saw this one I’d never seen one in the flesh.

The bikes immaculate although the seat unit yellow doesn’t quite match that of the fairing but it’s not a long way out. I don’t think it has been resprayed?Ive not had the bike out on the road as yet.

It is the SR carb version and at the end of last year it was running nicely but on starting it the other day it start spitting fuel out the exhaust and wouldn’t sustain tickover. I suspect the floats have got stuck or I will need to do a more thorough carb clean. I presume I can get hold of a carb rebuild/grommet kit easily enough? The starter motor also seems a little tempremental.

I’ve got an old V65c moto Guzzi all over the garage floor right now so don’t fancy starting a long involved strip of the yb9 just yet.

I live just North of Carlisle so decided to take advantage of 2018’s day of sun to photograph the bike! Might have to move to Italy.
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure others on here will chime in on carb kits etc...Laminator is one of the "go to" guys for the YB full series of bikes (almost).....banks of 4 carbs and cylinders not really my area of any expertise.....I think I know the dealer that had it...as they also have a DB4ie and a DB4 tricolor carbie...all of which they have imported from Europe.....If its not been run for a long while....the electrics and starter will seem slow....cables like to have current running thru them and it clears out inbuilt corrosion...gentle teasing back to life by using the bike is what they all need...I've had dashlight bulbs that I thought were inop...gradually flicker back into life, same with fuel low warning light etc etc....cleaning up major contacts, earth points will help...and perhaps invest in a new battery....Is the bike UK regd yet?.....if you need help doing so this is the place to ask....clocks are easy enough to come by to change speedo to miles and not Kms...and when first registering...and first MOT...the reading on the clocks fitted at the time is what gets recorded....
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could also check the earth's for the starting motor, had that a few times when bikes stood up for a while, connectors corrode.

One thing I also find with Bimota's is they are set on the rich side of fuelling and as such to much garage starting can quite easily foul a plug.

Find it best to only start them when you are going to take them out . After all they are Italian , so a bit on the temperamental side with fiery tempers !!! Laughing
who

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Photo!

Welcome!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> YB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: