Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Suit you Sir!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject: Suit you Sir!!! Reply with quote

New Lid....Hhh,,,,,,mmmmmmm....Big up for Vort for sourcing this beauty....ordered and paid for Sunday night...arrived lunchtime today........

Shoei still made in Japan XR1100...Tricolor Italian flag colours...with gold pinstriping......Metallic Bimota green and Metallic Bimota red...with gloss white....What more can you say?...Well..comes with pinlock system...and the curtain for under lid to cut down draft and noise...easier to operate viser...importantly its a repositioned aperture over the ...my previous XR1000....chin aperture lower lip is 10mm higher...upper lip is 15mm higher...so should be less of that straining neck issue to look ahead whilst riding bikes with clip-ons...what more can one say????...last years stock so limited sizes....fortunately my Bonce is XL and not many folk have that.....SHOULD be £420...Literally STOLE this one for £170...delivered to door...and they took paypal.......sorted.....Now I owe Vort some favour of one kind or another...perhaps a bike to insure???? (private joke...)

Oh...and it has 7 No. airvents...my old Shoei had to make do with a mere 4...Now I just have to decide between Chrome tint viser, Blue tint mirror or that crazy all the colours of the rainbow chrome viser....but at £90 a pop per viser...they seem dear compared to the price of the lid itself which came with the usual clear viser.......
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to admit I am a bit gutted they don't have a Large left to sell me !!! Crying or Very sad
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Measure your Bonce and I'll do the same....I presume you are L in a Shoei then???...just wear a balaclava under it....

Brother has size 12 feet...can never find shoes to fit...and never ones in a "sale"...Once...just once...many years ago...he saw some cheap cut-down cowboy boots....yup...proper cowboy boots but short versions...in his size!!!...and they fitted a treat...he was so ecstatic he bought two pairs...suede brown and black...It was only when he got home with them did he think...."what the F**k have I just done???"...they weren't in fashion when he bought them...never were...and never have been since...hence being in a sale at knock down price...He was too shamed to return them....I think theyre still at my parents place waiting to be worn for the first time......

Son at age 16 is already size 11....think Canal boats when I see his trainers...I've told him the same story in case he makes the same mistake at some stage if his feet grow anymore....
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue mirrored visor now ordered.....Money in from indicator sale into paypal...straight back out the door....easy come...easy go
phil-short

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done that was an amazing bargain and a beautiful lid. Saw these last year all right and they are beautiful and like Vort I couldn't get a large either... and that was a steal of a price.

The nearest available to this now is the Shoei GT Air Primal tc4 color scheme which is what I am saving for cos they are nowhere discounted. Best price I could find was at a bike show where the guy haggled down to £435 but I didn't have it then or now! Of course I think I need to respray the bike first!

vort28

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Blue mirrored visor now ordered.....Money in from indicator sale into paypal...straight back out the door....easy come...easy go

BLUE - WTF !!!! BLUE Mad

Exactly why did I go to all that trouble to find a tricolor coloured helmet to match the TRICOLOR Italian flag !!!!! Could you not have ordered a gold one or a rainbow one ??????

( You can take a horse to water hey !!!!)
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its my "go to" choice of mirrored viser...TBH...it smore turquoise/green/blue....other than that its dark tint stuff...but they are still 2-way vision...if I have to stare at a driver for some indiscretion he/she has carried out to my chagrin....then a mirrored viser where they have to imagine the scowl coming back at them is more intimidating than actually seeing my ugly mug.....plus it makes small children in the back of cars cry...Oooo...scary...albeit this lid doesnt have the skull and cross bones with eyes popping out of it like my old Troy Lee Design Shoei does....

Just got to find some suitable stickers for it now...tasteful Bimota "b" logo...and perhaps a K for Kwacker...no KTM sticker needed...its gone....Ducati no longer ridden so that's not needed.....TBF..I use my off road lid for the Kwacker and sons DT125R...so...Maybe..just maybe...I'll contain myself to just a subtle Bimota sticker on this lid...perhaps on the chinpiece....as it will probably only be used when riding Bims....
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And whatever you do....Do not get me started on "gold" again......you must recall the Foggy Rep Duc 750ssie I sold to your brothers future Father-in-law?????...I'd gone to town on probolts anodised gold bling....brake and clutch reservoir caps...including the rear...pre-load adjusters....every crankcase cover bolt....including belt covers...tyre valve caps...my favourite....I even forced myself to remove the ones I'd put onto the KDX in place of factory original black plastic....I even did the Oil filler cap....which i covertly removed before the sale after viewing to put onto my Duc superlight..and replaced with a stock duc plastic one....Taken me 5 years to wean myself away from the "precious"...."my precious...."..rubs hands...eyes widen....
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:
2bims wrote:

BLUE - WTF !!!! BLUE Mad

Exactly why did I go to all that trouble to find a tricolor coloured helmet to match the TRICOLOR Italian flag !!!!! Could you not have ordered a gold one or a rainbow one ??????

( You can take a horse to water hey !!!!)

Chavtastic innit.
Check when the helmet manufacture date
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh for Christs sake...don't be teaming up with Vort....he gives me enough grief as it is...and normally I can trust that no-one backs him up on anything he says...perhaps this could be his one post that people approve of and comment back on????...If so he could eventually rest peacefully that "someone" out there likes him.......

Off out now Bimota stuff to do...prepping for 1st APril and revisit of sorned bikes back to the road....
GeeKay

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLUE??????????????????

Jeez fella - grow up ! Very Happy
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive always though that Vort has very goox taste and is invariabley right in most things
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evilchicken0 wrote:
Ive always though that Vort has very goox taste and is invariabley right in most things

Whats he got on you? Photos of you in a very compromising position/animal??....Or some elusive spare Bimota trinket you need to complete something...and only Mr Bimota North has it????
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeeKay wrote:
BLUE??????????????????

Jeez fella - grow up ! Very Happy

Now what is the fun in growing up???/....Men don't grow up...they simply get older....You like your real ale and draught cider...but you don't have to go an friggin buy a pub to feed that likeness.... Wink

You like Bimotas....but would you buy the company???..Going cheap I last heard....
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good

Shoei helmets used to fit me, but so much now. They seem to be shorter than they used to be

Katy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: