Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

VDue evo carb version help needed with wiring identification

View previous topic :: View next topic  
piotrmacheta

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:53 pm    Post subject: VDue evo carb version help needed with wiring identification Reply with quote

Hello everyone, I’m new here even though I have owned my bike for many years. I got my bike off Pierro in Milan and used it for a few years but not over the last 5 or 6. I have an electrical problem that my workshop is trying to fix. As I understand it, the display powers up and the starter turns the engine over but it won’t start because there is no spark at the plugs. He has eliminated all the obvious things and traced it to the display unit euc which controls the spark to spark plugs but all the wires are yellow and he cannot figure out which one controls this without stripping the whole wiring loom. I have asked Pierro and he is not able to help. I understand that the wiring for the carb version was changed compared to the EFi version and it also got the upgraded LED dash from the race version. My mechanic is asking for a ‘pin-out’ diagram from the euc to trace which wire goes to the coils so he can investigate further. Is it possible that anyone can help me as I would love to get my bike back on the road this summer. Many thanks and hoping to meet up sometime somewhere if the club still does this. I used to be a member of the Bimota Enthusiasts club many years ago too so contacted Glen in case he is still there. Peter
hindsight

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: VDue evo carb version help needed with wiring identifica Reply with quote

piotrmacheta wrote:
Hello everyone, I’m new here even though I have owned my bike for many years. I got my bike off Pierro in Milan and used it for a few years but not over the last 5 or 6. I have an electrical problem that my workshop is trying to fix. As I understand it, the display powers up and the starter turns the engine over but it won’t start because there is no spark at the plugs. He has eliminated all the obvious things and traced it to the display unit euc which controls the spark to spark plugs but all the wires are yellow and he cannot figure out which one controls this without stripping the whole wiring loom. I have asked Pierro and he is not able to help. I understand that the wiring for the carb version was changed compared to the EFi version and it also got the upgraded LED dash from the race version. My mechanic is asking for a ‘pin-out’ diagram from the euc to trace which wire goes to the coils so he can investigate further. Is it possible that anyone can help me as I would love to get my bike back on the road this summer. Many thanks and hoping to meet up sometime somewhere if the club still does this. I used to be a member of the Bimota Enthusiasts club many years ago too so contacted Glen in case he is still there. Peter

What does the ECU that you're talking about look like? - I don't have a VDue - but I do have a (TDD) ECU from a V-Due in my workshop. I also know that the pinout for that ECU is the same as the pinout for my DB2SR ECU, which I have, and can supply.

What I don't know is whether your ECU controlling the spark plugs is the same original one, and they just stopped usng the injector controls - or whether they fitted an entirely new ECU and loom

Does it look like one of these?

Mike
piotrmacheta

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike I will get a photo of it and let you know.
piotrmacheta

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have also asked Piero in case he can confirm.
piotrmacheta

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked with Piero and he says it’s not the same ECU as the efi Bimota. It is a unit made by Pegaso and has given me a company that has repaired them before. So I will try that route. Thanks for your help.
hindsight

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ideal - good luck with the repair!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> V Due All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: