Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Tesi 1D coolant tank

View previous topic :: View next topic  
atomibart

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:13 am    Post subject: Tesi 1D coolant tank Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

The coolant tank on my Tesi 1D is cracked and I'm looking to replace it. Is it taken from another bike ? Or specific to the Tesi ? Where can I find one ?

Any advice appreciated

Cheers
GeeKay

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you got a picture of it?
I don't have my Tesi parts book any more, but I do have a Bimota header tank somewhere in the garage that you can have if it is suitable.
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tav 20 on here????….lots of different tesi1D's though so confirm if its a rectangular box like this???

https://www.sfogliami.it/flip.asp?sc=424peqo8byfamq49ustpu009dbnh325d&ID=117619#page/54

Part NUmber 501745090 - Vaso di espansione - Expansion vessel...
atomibart

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes 2bims that is this rectangular box indeed
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately Bimota Classic PArts is not showing it as a part that they have stock for....Plastic can be welded (with plastic.....or wrapped and sealed in fibreglass to repair (all of which I'm saying because I have no idea what part Bimota used from what bike/car/heating unit....as it could have come from anywhere.....this site is handy if you have time to blow...contains blow up spare parts pictures of various bikes and models and manufacturers.....to look for a similar looking tank...Other than that I'd suggest photographing it and putting a picture up on here for all to see..perhaps someone recognises it from another bike....it certainly looks different from those used on Ducati 851/888 that supplied the engines...as their res tanks are under the rear seat unit and sculpted into the frame rails...

https://oem-parts.hu/en/parts/ducati/1993/888-sp5/cooling-circuit-unclassified
GeeKay

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is the one I have...........

measurements (approx) - 215mm long x 120mm high x30mm depth.

yours for the cost of postage & BAT.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Tesi All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: