Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

SB6 new owner query

View previous topic :: View next topic  
czechmick

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject: SB6 new owner query Reply with quote

Just like to introduce myself, had Italian bikes Ducatis and a Guzzi but never a bimota. I am about to, hopefully, buy an SB6 from Europe. I've read the comments around the practicalities of servicing and ownership and the like so am not going in blind. Not usually a fan of form over function but in this case I have to make the exception.

I would like to ask if anyone else has bought an imported bike and whether they changed the headlamps to UK spec. If the answer was yes then would it be correct to assume they were taken from the Suzuki?

Beyond the obvious ie recent service and what that entailed and whether the infamous alternator is still working, what else do I need to be aware of? Owner states that the 2 batteries are new as are the tyres. He is not using it so has put it up for sale. He states the engine has been regularly started and that the chain and brakes are also new. No mention of the gearbox sprocket.
I'll post a pic if there is any interest

Any advice gratefully received
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres always interest in pictures Mick...welcome to the Forum....when you get to ride the bike...you'll find that the Function is more than the form...sometimes Bimota sacrifice practicality for style...but Function is always at the heart with every model....lighter, faster and stopping better than the donor engine bike.

I'm sure others will chime in....SB6 related not my area...They'll tell you that the headlights are weak anyhow...registration wise you are allowed with a bike more than ten years old to merely place tape on the headlights if they are kicking up to the right for MOT purposes...only if it was younger than 10 years would you need to change them for UK spec headlights....Early SB6 bikes were euro spec in the UK anyhow.....with clocks in Kms and not miles...
GeeKay

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome Mick.
some pics of your SB6 would be nice to see.
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there
Thd standard headlights are rubbish ... dangerous above 30mph. You can cut the plastic back plate and stick new lamps on it or get an ally plate made up and mount them on that.
If the bike is a Mk2 theyre the same size as a gsxr. If its a Mk1 theyre smaller and the same as a zxr 400
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: