Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Truly "bimota Chat"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject: Truly "bimota Chat" Reply with quote

Well....after nearly 8 months of Pure silence and no activity....6 hrs Ago, Bimota.it updated their Facebook posts since their last post in September 2017, with a new phone number....and then...5 hrs ago.....posted this...with pictures

" Last 30 Tesi 3D Naked are now up for sale. Last chance to own this exclusive motorcycle. Order yours now!
Call +41 (0)91 605 53 40 or message us on Facebook."[b]

(Make of this as you wish.....)

link here

https://www.facebook.com/fanpagebimota/?hc_ref=ARQzILpd7epd8dYbBiP90VF9B8lAd3yvBBcEnEiV7BshmOhV8ovlu-lTB9DCrofwC_8
JackJabba

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just sent them an email asking for details, lets see what the costs are.
JackJabba

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bimota's email is saying closed until Oct 2017.

The contact number is in Palermo in Sicily, which is a long way from Rimini.

Possible hijacked facebook page and scam, I hope not because I want one.
JackJabba

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bimota's email is saying closed until Oct 2017.

The contact number is in Palermo in Sicily, which is a long way from Rimini.

Possible hijacked facebook page and scam, I hope not because I want one.
GeeKay

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Palermo?
Sounds like the Mafia are involved..................
Knolly

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Instagram, someone requested a Tesi 4D and they responded "get ready for the all new Tesi RaceCafè!"
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does seem a little "odd" that one hour after they post up that their phone number has changed...."they" then post up that 30 No. "last ever" tesi3d's are up for sale....especially when you consider Bimota haven't ever really done "social media"...and have NEVER before released bikes for sale via it....As they say in Latin...Caveat Emptor.......Just remember "skully helmets"...tens of 1,000's of people rushing and paying advance payments....and then the company closed with not one single helmet ever being made....and their accounts then being made public showing the "owners" purchases of luxury flats, holidays, Lambo's and Ferraris...and many many visits to high cost lap dancing bars...all from advertising a "concept" that was purely social media advertised with nothing actually being made.........
JackJabba

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked Piero if he had heard any news about these bikes, this is his reply.

Ciao Carl
advise you to be careful
for sure the Bimota factory no longer exists
Workers already work in other factories
Many pieces have been sold off
all the remaining material is stacked in cartons in a warehouse.

i know nothing about these TESI 3D to which you mention me
I'm certainly not interested in bikes that can not be seen and I'm not stupid enough to give advances
Have a good day
Piero
JackJabba

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the plot thickens, Apparently there will be a production announcement tomorrow..
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most good "scams" lead you down a merry and complicated path for "authenticity"....if you stepped back 6 months ago....they couldn't re-create new Tesi3D's as the engine bought from Ducati to fit the bike was only 800cc single cam 2-valve...as used in the Ducati desert sled and Scrambler....BUT....Ducati have reinvented the wheel and have launched a 1100cc single cam 2-valve dual spark motor for the scrambler now that is Euro 4 compliant...and that was the problem for ducati at least...Ducati are behind schedule with this engine and production...they have made a few bikes that are NOT FOR SALE with this engine...and the UK itself has just 2 bikes...that are travelling between dealers all the time to be used by the dealers at shows to take orders...for which there are many.....Scrambler started off life at £7K...with engine and Ohllins suspension...its creeped up to £12K...but dem Duc boys always crave for the latest and greatest.

I've believed for the last 10 years or so that Bimota haven't actually made anything....but are "mere" designers and assemblers....Oz wheels from Italy...brembo discs and masters from Italy (or india that has made Brembo parts for 10 years now)...Bodywork all from Linea Moto in Italy...pre painted....No signs of any welding jig facilities in Bimota factory so frames and swingarms made elsewhere?? CNC parts of alloy are shipped in...electrics from donor engine supplier...clocks from Koso...suspension from Ohlins, or wilbers, or extremeTec...switchgear from Nadi....Italy is the worlds largest producer of plastic parts for Motocross bikes and other bikes....Mirrors from Far in Italy....So...it all depends on whether they have enough credit to buy parts...enough trust for former employees to make the bikes...somewhere to make them....and then enough trust and loyalty in buyers to actually buy them......Final but though is..........Where are the dealers to service and maintain them? Warranty repairs?? ECU software to fix glitches??.......That's why personally I buy second hand...as invariably you have to fix things yourself...so buying cheaper by going 2nd hand at least you anticipate some extra cost....Spares availability??? Most stuff seems to end up at BCP...so why have they been selling off spares like headlight units, footpegs etc if they are making more bikes????...as always...a complicated web of intrigue and puzzles.. fraught with danger and possible mishap
Knolly

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some other updates:

"@torqueandtitanium of course! We build our motorcycles in Rimini, Italy by a collaboration of artisans and skilled mechanics. Right now our administrative office is in Switzerland. If you have any further questions please email us at info@bimota.it"

"Last 30 BB3 Kits available for sale! Proven to enhance performance get it now because this is the last production of these beautiful kits! #luxury #motorcycle #art #italianmade Contact us by email at info@bimota.it or call us at +41 (0)91 605 5340"
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can tell you that my Tesi 3D was not built in Rimini, in fact it was stated on the COC that it was manufactured in Switzerland and assembled in Rimini.
So basically the Rimini address was just on the the COC for Homologation as that is were all the test/crash/build data was registered against.
brian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:
I can tell you that my Tesi 3D was not built in Rimini, in fact it was stated on the COC that it was manufactured in Switzerland and assembled in Rimini.
So basically the Rimini address was just on the the COC for Homologation as that is were all the test/crash/build data was registered against.

It all sounds very complicated and messy to me. I'll console myself with the thought (fairytale maybe) that my SB6 was hand built and painstakingly assembled in a little niche factory in Italy by Mario (or Luigi depending on the day). Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally messaged Present Co-owner Marco Chiancianesi on his Facebook account via messenger this morning....received and read at 9.30am this morning....I also copied in the Facebook page announcing the sale of 30No. tesi 3D's and 30 No. BB3 kits and asked straight up..."Real or Fake news???"

His personal reply back to me just now....................

Building the suspense with spacebar

Nearly there now

Oh.so close.......................

"Yes this is true. We are selling the last 30 tesi naked and the last 30 BB3 kits"

So...there you have it...straight from the horse mouth....unless of course his personal facebook account in receiving and sending messages has been hacked also...and if thats possible then visa vi "facebook"....I'm out
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well they got to clear the final stocks out somehow !!!!!! Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: