Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Rochdale Classic Car and Motorcycle Show

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:04 pm    Post subject: Rochdale Classic Car and Motorcycle Show Reply with quote

Myself and 2bims decided to go to this event at the last minute and were rewarded with a very relaxed and sunny day. Not too many bikes and mostly Brit 'Iron' and the usual smattering of Harley 'Hogs'. Excluding the odd scooter the Italian contingent comprised just 3 machines, my YB6 Exup, 2bims DB2 and a road going race Moto Morini 350.

And a couple of cars worthy of inclusion, though the 'Ferrari' 250 SWB was a replica (bloody nice though), the Pantera was just lovely. Had a nice chat with the owner who had spent five years restoring it. Sorry but I couldn't take a photo of 2bims trying to get behind the wheel, I was laughing so much! Laughing

2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the day Paul....my Diet Coke and Pit crew man.....and nice sharp images also...must be your camera suits outdoor shots more.....We also met and chatted to the singer and quthor of the Song "And he painted Matchstick Men and Matchstick Cats and Dogs"....who was a lovely fellow....and another fellow Bimota owner with a KB1 and light blue Bellaria….who is often snapped at the gooseneck on the Isle of Man rounding it...he Marshalls there every year....

Owner of the DeTomaso was a lovely man....Car was quite easy to get into....lower ass into seat....around 4 inches off the ground...low cill height...and than snap your head midway down your neck to lower it into the car door entrance and re-raise head to higher roof line....And that was it...that was as far as I could manage....legs still outside the car and exactly 90 degrees away from the steering wheel and pedals and gearstick….oh Dear....another dream shattered......
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Car was quite easy to get into....lower ass into seat....around 4 inches off the ground...low cill height...and than snap your head midway down your neck to lower it into the car door entrance and re-raise head to higher roof line....And that was it...that was as far as I could manage....legs still outside the car and exactly 90 degrees away from the steering wheel and pedals and gearstick….oh Dear....another dream shattered......

Someone I know has a Pantera, which was my dream car as well. Italian styling coupled with a rather reliable running gear, you know the stuff we are all used to and cherish Wink When he offered to let me behind the wheel, I didn't think twice. I don't remember the proper sequence of ingress, but I know I was seated and ready to rock pretty quickly. The drive, however, made me realize that the Pantera should only be operated on mirror smooth surfaces. Any road imperfection or minor debris that I wouldn't even notice let alone decelerate for, became "approach with caution" in the Pantera. In the end, I was happy to end the test drive without inflicting any damage on the car and return the keys to the owner. Can't recall which car I owned then, most likely a 2001 XJR but getting back into it after experiencing daily driving in the Pantera I surely gained even more respect for that "oily rag".
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: