Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Lynn's Raven Cafe · THE BETTER BIGGER BREAKFAST

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:40 pm    Post subject: Lynn's Raven Cafe · THE BETTER BIGGER BREAKFAST Reply with quote

Lynn's Raven Café - Near Whitchurch

THE BETTER BIGGER BREAKFAST
SUNDAY 15TH APRIL
9 AM TO 2.30PM.
More details to follow

First big NW event of the year....went down last year with the Old Vincent cronnies....sneaked in on my Db5R..it was disguised with a thin coat of overblow gearbox oil from the Vincent I was following ....over 500 bikes down there last year...a nice ride out around the Cheshire back lanes and countryside
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.....Just back from "another Grand Day out"...Forecast weatherwise was spot on.....ruddy cold and it rained...many times....and they didn't mention the hailstorm either that I came back through.Twas a good turn out considering it wasn't going to be good or dry or warm

Turned up at Glyns place...and strangely there was no old brit hack to be seen....nothing but his Old Beemer hack that shows a mere 63,000miles on the clock....although he assures me its been round it 4 times on top of that....but then he did use the bike to go to India and back.....no wonder that nights takeaway not only took an eternity to show up....but it was ruddy cold also...

Now I don't mind a dirty bike...and I am partial to a clean bike as most folk know....But I don't think this one had even been wiped over with an oily rag since its return from India....Perhaps Glyn knew something about the impending weather that I didn't????

And here we are some 60miles later down at the Café....for once I've not tweaked or brightened any images....just pure cut and paste to show you what a quagmire the place was

Bikes time....100's more down there....but no shots of anything post 2000....dems da rules

Wankel anyone?

Oh....the ford Focus Owners club were there also...fortunately they got given access for parking to the unsurfaced car park...and da bikes got the surfaced area....phew

Oh me...oh my....what a filthy beast.....makes my heart cry...hang on....its my ruddy bike!!!!

Anyone need any salt for their fish and chips???

Ay up....I recognise these 2 little smokey bandits....Howdo Katy aka Admin....at least we meet...again....My new helmet provided for "scale" purposes....yes that little gag bike YSR really is that small....a round trip of over 60 miles.....chiropractor anyone???

Trip back up to Main Chester road and fuel fill up brightened and roads dried....so...bike dirty already....down to Chester and the River Dee for my old hangout...its always sunny there

And as Warner Bros say...."Thats All Folks...."

Last edited by 2bims on Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:03 am; edited 2 times in total
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:

The Brough belongs to the owner of our local Triumph dealer. And he does ride it.

2bims wrote:

Ay up....I recognise these 2 little smokey bandits....Howdo Katy aka Admin....at least we meet...again....

Hiya Steve.

I rode the TZR up there, and my friend rode the YSR up. I think she deserves a medal for that! Tiny bike and a tall rider, with a ~60 mile round trip. The TZR didn't appreciate a such a slow journey though. Last bit of main road I opened it up through the gears to clear it out a bit.

Katy
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to say I opened up the DB5R on the return trip....I was hoping to get to 88mph and travel back in time so that I wouldn't have to be stripping and washing my bike tomorrow...... Embarassed
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Have to say I opened up the DB5R on the return trip....I was hoping to get to 88mph and travel back in time so that I wouldn't have to be stripping and washing my bike tomorrow...... Embarassed

I think you are a bit down on the required 1.21 gigawatts of power

Katy
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyones stuck on what to get me for Xmas this year....or my birthday which comes up earlier.....Coffee Mug please with proof that I was daft enough to be out riding in the wet on a DB5R

Click and I think you have click left or right for me...smart website...cant find a way to screenshot or filesave or even cut and paste link...

https://www.everybodysmile.biz/cgi-bin/public.cgi?form_status=order_image&event_id=288024&img=BUL_7673.jpg&anc=p4_0102&ss=486

Now I realise the photographer (that I didn't know was there)...has had to stand out in the rain all day and select shots and post them up...and £15 aint SO bad for a mug....but he can "email" an image also...cost just for an emailed image....£15 also...Gulp....evidently to stop you taking said image and printing it onto a mug of your own for a fiver....
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha....Oh...admin....I searched for you on the TZR250 and the gag bike....which would have been a site to be sure....but methinks the photographer had packed his bags and left by then....or fell over laughing in consternation when he saw the gag bike come around the roundabout...

Laughing
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

We arrived just after 12 I think, and he stopped shooting at 11:30.

When we arrived we had a lot of people come over to look at the ysr. A few had a sit on (most refuse when you offer!)

Katy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: