Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Suicide stand
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
who

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tirefriar wrote:
Any idea how well does the YB11 stand fit the Dieci? Is it a relatively simple upgrade or does it require some significant mods to mounting area and/or fairing?

Should just fit up? Crankcases are the same. I've got one here and a YB8 undressed so I will have a look for you. Give me a day or so. Cheers.
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Sir!
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
Bud977

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My KTM 300EXC had a self retracting stand. KTM used a little bracket to move the top mounting point of the spring some 20mm back, past the pivot point. So once you took the weight off, the stand retracted.

Luckily, you can remove this plate and attach the spring to the now removed plate mounting hole so the top of the spring is in front of the pivot. And you have a normal stand that stays in place.

Is it possible on these Bims to move the upper spring mounting point to the front of the pivot?
2bims

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The springs in this bike are same as DB1.....they dont have a top and bottom mounting point....theres no protruding pin half way down the stand.....it operates like a spring on a retractable footpeg....mounted on a pin...with lugs at each end...using the spring in winding in and winding out and not stretching long and pulling back short.......Like a garage door so to speak

Version you talk about is like DB2....where I simply moved the top mount position of the spring forward...so it reaches a point of return that holds it open and cancels the self retract....but you do have to remember to bring it back for it to retract before setting off....manys a time I've forgotten until I reach the first left hand bend.....graunch.......clunk...fortunately they are made in Scotland From Girders....and very strong...and equally heavy
who

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud977 wrote:
Luckily, you can remove this plate and attach the spring to the now removed plate mounting hole so the top of the spring is in front of the pivot. And you have a normal stand that stays in place.

Is it possible on these Bims to move the upper spring mounting point to the front of the pivot?

Worth looking at. That's for sure Exclamation
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Condor wheel chock, so will take a closer look at the stand. Mine is pretty ratty with a good chunk of chrome peeled off. So, either way it's a candidate for a swap out....
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> YB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: