Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

How many Tesi 3D's were built?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beldrueger

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 3:35 am    Post subject: How many Tesi 3D's were built? Reply with quote

I have #16 of the concept bikes, but how many additional "standard", naked and evo's were built? I can't find any good intel. It seems like they built more kits then they sold and reconfigured some as Nakeds and continue to sell them. What's the word?

I'm also very interested in getting a DB5, but production numbers seem similarly opaque.
2bims

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there....and welcome to the Forum.....the one and perhaps only place where all Bimota owners end up seeking info not found anywhere else

The tesi 3D naked is 50 + 18 anniversary (Twin seat model with side slung exhaust)....although a bloke in Oz got No. 19?....so 69 in total...Dont forget...Japan and Moto Corse have been sucking up to tesis since they first came out...and Oz and USA

You need a copy of the Bible MkII edition "L'era d'oro Bimota"

Its in Italian...but reading how many bikes is easy enough

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lera-doro-Bimota-Saverio-Livolsi/dp/8879116878/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1525667874&sr=8-1&keywords=bimota

The book is done in years....so 2014 on is 50 3d Nakeds and 18(+1) anniversary and 1 café racer

Tesi 3D (with clip-ons - single seat) is 2007 onwards is 223 examples in total...32 of which were Evo single spark engines....and in 2007 they made 39 examples with the gold Oz wheels....underslung extreme tec shock and same rear....in red and white BUT...with a gold stripe to register colouring of the YB4 winning bike from 1987....20 years previous....these come with a rectangular limited series gold plaque on the RHS Omega plate...and have the brake and clutch fluid reservoirs carved from billet atop the "forks"...they dont register how many carbon black ones they made...

So it looks like your bike is one of the 39 No. Ltd edition ones....in Red/White with gold pinstriping....to commemorate the 1987 YB4 World SBK wining YB4.....Non Steinbugler of Bimota Spirit imported the bikes and had the circular USA plaques put on the RHS Omega plate
2bims

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't heard of Bimota doing "kits" for the Tesi3D.....Moto corse in japan certainly changed them to be their way...but from completed bikes....and some of the last to come into the USA cam "broken down" with engine separate...but that was to side sweep regs on import and registering

DB5's???? Which one are you interested in???

They made the 1000cc "mille" single seater first with silver alloy tank, Ohlins F&R...then they made the DB5S twin seater with wet clutch and 1100cc motor...then the DB5R single seater with all carbon bodywork...then the EVO versions with 1100 motors....

For me...at least...you have to have a Mille or a DB5R...as they come with Ohlins F&R...THeres other numbers for the DB5...but I dont have the book to hand...

DB6 - 567 made in total
DB6- 1000cc - 199 made
DB6 - 1100cc - 238 made
DB6 Borsalino - 1 No. (didn't know they made one...)
DB6 1100 Evo (20 No.)
DB6R 1100cc - 80 made
DB6R 1100 EVO - 29 Made

DB5R - says 12 and 45...with 10 No. DB5R Evo's....says 1 No. Borsalino
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: