Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Japan import model YB6 spec

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevmcdo

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject: Japan import model YB6 spec Reply with quote

Does anyone know if Bimota restricted their bikes for different markets?

I have got a YB6 exup on route from Japan and was wondering if they had any fuelling / exhaust restrictions ?
Bud977

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, never come across a restricted FZR1000 engined Bimota so it will be all good.
2bims

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From recollection.....Bimota have always fitted their own exhaust systems to every one of the bikes they have made.....usually tucked up nicely under the engine sump for improved ground clearance......and generally they have changed the fuelling.....I seem to recall reading somewhere that unaltered Bimotas were allowed into Japan due to them being a small manufacturer of bespoke ltd run bikes....some small homologation rule or such.

I do wonder why though they ever had to make the DB1 and Db2 Junior bikes with 400cc engines....and the YB7 also with the 400cc motor....Other than those bikes its whatever engine could be shoehorned into the frames but generally Full sized motors straight from Japan
2bims

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it "Drew Mori-man Jonsen" that's sourced and sorting the bike for you?
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:

I do wonder why though they ever had to make the DB1 and Db2 Junior bikes with 400cc engines....and the YB7 also with the 400cc motor....Other than those bikes its whatever engine could be shoehorned into the frames but generally Full sized motors straight from Japan

Licencing probably. Licences got progressively harder for larger engined bikes in Japan.

All the best

Katy
Kevmcdo

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Is it "Drew Mori-man Jonsen" that's sourced and sorting the bike for you?
yes Drew sourced this one for me.
2bims

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was his PM for on his Facebook page? Asking owners of several bikes to message him...including your YB6......Another on here has used him before for an Ap 2-stroke screamer....was happy enough with the service...seems to know his stuff..........
Kevmcdo

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
What was his PM for on his Facebook page? Asking owners of several bikes to message him...including your YB6......Another on here has used him before for an Ap 2-stroke screamer....was happy enough with the service...seems to know his stuff..........
He was just wanting the guys to get in touch regarding a shipping update.
I have not had any issues with his service.
He is a pretty straight forward guy to deal with, you basically let him know what you want and your budget and he makes it happen.
The YB6 is one of a few projects he is dealing with for me at the moment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> YB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: