Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Donington Park Endurance Legends race meeting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject: Donington Park Endurance Legends race meeting Reply with quote

Popped down to Donington today, mainly to meet up with my CR750 builder. What a fantastic paddock, full of interesting stuff. Of particular note I found Spongebob with his great Tuatara which was running well alongside his spectacular Moriwaki Kawasaki

Beauty and The Beast!
Also present was the ex T-Rex Racing (Australia) YB5 race bike, very nice. Didn't get much chance to speak with the rider as he was busy changing the rear damper setting.

Saving the best till last was this stunning homage to the HB1, created by the owner, a very amiable German gent Walter Schwerz. Built mainly from photographs he made the frame, tanks and pegs etc himself. This was his first visit to Donington but he is enjoying himself so much he will return in August for the Donington Classic Bike Festival in August bringing a pair of his racing Honda works replicas.

Check them out if you are going on Sunday.
2bims

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the piccies paul...I hope you got to thank the T-Rex owner for the loan of his YB5 for the Mcr show last year to enable a complete YB line-up....

Ze Germans.....love their dedication to the brand and the recreation of some Bimota Classics....they are without doubt the most passionate of All Bimota owners throughout the world........Strange considering how Bimotas can have their foibles and the Germans are famed for engineering excellence....if only they would buy the brand......but like Audi and Ducati...leave the styling to the Italians but keep the books under German control and financing....
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya

I was there in Sunday on the Bimota.

Loads of nice bikes.

Pity about the lousy parking outside (park on the dirt field or else.....)

Katy
Spongebob

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must say i really enjoyed the weekend. I lost one session on the Saturday evening due to rain but Sunday was lovely. Intention was to just give the Tuatara a couple of laps to see how it ran but I enjoyed it so much I did 2 complete sessions.

I did hold back a little as a strange bike on brand new tyres could be a dangerous mix. Only gripe is the throttle input is rather snatchy so further investigation required.

Amazing the number of comments from people who could believe you'd do a trackday on a Bimota where as in reality it is a much safer environment than the road and if it did break down I'd have recovery in minutes and returned to my van free of charge.
GeeKay

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love the HB1 replica - would like to have the same bike but with a Suzuki GSX1100 motor in it Very Happy
laminator

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to pop over, it's only 10mins away from me. Unfortunately I couldn't make it.

A few of my mates went and had a cracking day.

Spongebob is that your Moriwaki? I believe you were at the Practical Sportrsbike Cadwell meeting a few years back, as my rearward facing camera caught you behind me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lt6J30dpFM
Spongebob

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laminator wrote:
I was going to pop over, it's only 10mins away from me. Unfortunately I couldn't make it.

A few of my mates went and had a cracking day.

Spongebob is that your Moriwaki? I believe you were at the Practical Sportrsbike Cadwell meeting a few years back, as my rearward facing camera caught you behind me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lt6J30dpFM

Yes, that's me. That was the Mk1 version which was under carbed and wouldn't pull hence how you disappear off so quick. It's now 136bhp monster after proper dyno set up and in a straight line will leave most things in a cloud of oily smoke. I take it to Cadwell every year but its only the most sympathetic noise testers that will let me out. That Moriwaki pipe is very loud and only Donnington and Spa allow such levels of noise.
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
I hope you got to thank the T-Rex owner for the loan of his YB5 for the Mcr show last year to enable a complete YB line-up....

Sorry Steve, I didn't know he also owned the 2017 Mcr show YB5 as well.
2bims

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulDB2 wrote:
2bims wrote:
I hope you got to thank the T-Rex owner for the loan of his YB5 for the Mcr show last year to enable a complete YB line-up....

Sorry Steve, I didn't know he also owned the 2017 Mcr show YB5 as well.

Yes....this was the nice trusting stranger that transported his YB5 up to Welshlambs place...who then brought it to the show after Lambie had contacted him "out of the blue" to see if he was interested in showing it to complete the YB series....and even though he couldnt make it to the show himself...he still lent the bike...I dont know many other Brand Make owners who would do the same...most trusting
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: