Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

YB10 stand

View previous topic :: View next topic  
daward

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:58 am    Post subject: YB10 stand Reply with quote

Hi

As per the “New” post in chat I’m just finalising a deal on a Dieci. Very pleased and will no doubt have plenty of finding out to do...

To start with does anyone have a paddock stand recommendation - the original isn’t with the bike and I’m having difficulty finding an off the shelf one with a long rod/spindle?

Thanks
David
Spongebob

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep your eye on eBay. My YB6 came without the Bimota stand and forum folks pointed me to one just listed. Bimota Classic Parts do have them new if you can shell out enough £€€€€.

My faithful Harris paddock stands also work well on the YB6 (and you can remove the wheel as the mount doesnt pass through the spindle) and they are just about same price everywhere. Demon Tweeks do free post.
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BimotaClassicParts are "out of stock" on Bimota rear stands....myself and another have drawn up and measured original units with rods etc and are getting prices to have them remanufactured in stainless steel...so watch this space....

Alternatively another forum member on here sells threaded rods with bobbin reel paddock ends that are fitted through the hollow spindle so you can use normal paddock stands on them....or simply buy a length of threaded rod and some nuts....Wickes sell suitable steel threaded rod lengths....

Go on then...which YB10????
daward

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks

I’ve pretty much bought the one in the link in my original post, subject to MOT and seeing it running...

Barring problems should have it within a week Cool
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not exactly a paddock stand but works great for storing the bike upright:
http://www.bimotaforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=5497

There are several wheel chocks available for sale, but Condor (its in the picture above) seems to be the best quality.
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contact the seller of the cheap YB10 on ebay.....he has 2 paddock stands with the bike (both original Bimota crate packing stands)
daward

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip!

The seller of the eBay project YB10 and I had a nice chat, the result of which is a Bimota stand on its way to me. Very pleased with that...

The bike he is selling has a long, genuine history and surely just needs someone with time and talent to get it back on its wheels again.
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully he'll change the item description now then to indicate only "1 No. Bimota rear stand included in the sale....."......as it currently still shows 2 No.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> YB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: