Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

New...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
daward

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the little Mondial OHC is a fine thing - it got me all the way round the Motogiro d’Italia in 2014.

Good spot on the Jota - nice hydraulic clutch with a pleasant action and no propensity for broken cables! I tend to go for long distance usability over originality Very Happy
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever you do...dont mention the Moto giro d'italia...Oops....I've just done it now also.....

YB10 does look in fine fettle...even disc bolts still with their Bimota gold lustre....

Rear indicators not original...but I'll save you the time and effort....Originals not around no more...and no-one has ever seen any of them on a bike OTHER than another Bimota....
ruffef

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daward- where in surrey are you? I went to WSSC to look at that bike, then got tempted by a YB6, which i dallied on, so missed out and ended up with a YB8

and bizarrely i had to introduce the YB8 to its family, which also included an '81 180 Jota.

small world
Bud977

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks to be in top nick. Very nice buy!

I've found the standard brakes to be perfectly suitable for race track use, whether it be with the stock Brembo cast iron discs, or with the R1 wheels and discs and accompanying pads.

I've bought bikes where the brakes don't work very well due to the cleaning products used. The pads and discs are coated with the slippery product. I would suggest that the first thing to get the brakes working would be to fit some new genuine Brembo pads. Clean the discs with brake cleaner but they should clean up by themselves pretty quickly.

Enjoy the ride!
daward

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys! Just down the road from Brooklands.

Started to work through some things this evening - the top bodywork comes off nice and easy...

Surprised by how quiet the bike is - must be a well-baffled can. Is the exhaust system stock FZR (apart from the end can) and has anyone done anything different?

David
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I have a Brembo master cylinder from an Aprilia on mine. Gives the brakes far more feel. Ultimate power possibly not better but I far prefer it.

For the connector under the seat i have used a super seal connector. Waterproof so better in that rather exposed location, and also only goes in one way unlike the original connector.

Performance wise, on Woodbridge airfield with the mirrors removed and a bit of a tail wind mine managed 177mph with me on it.

I have a new rear hugger on order at the moment. The original wasn’t great and I have tried repairing it a few times. Ordered a carbon fibre one. Can go on unpainted and I will see how I like it.

Check if the reserve switch works.

All the best

Katy
daward

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Katy - nice top speed!

Was planning on a little re-wiring under the rear. Not checked reserve yet, but had noted the previous comments on the switch. My hugger has some small cracks round one of the front mounting points but is otherwise good...

Any chance you could put up a pic of your Aprilia master cylinder?

Been enjoying it too much over the weekend to do much other than fit a new number plate! About 300km now done just to get a feel for it, so now to start working through a few things over the next few weeks. New rubber for a start...

Cheers
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pull the sprocket cush drive assembly off the rear wheel if going for new rubber...and check the integrity of the button allen headed cush drive bolts that screw into the rear hub.....They've been known to snap their heads off as they were Undersized originally......only ever seen it on the Oscom Bimota branded wheels like yours has...but only ever seen it on the DB2 happen....which is fitted with the same wheels.....and check the cush drive rubbers aren't perished......and then you can check the rear wheel bearings and the 2 no. bearings that are also in the cush drive rear assembly....be sure to photo before and after so that you get the spacers and brackets back in in the right places and order.......
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya

This is the master cylinder on mine.

http://www.alfa-pages.co.uk/TempPicture/DSC_0831.JPG

Big piccy so just a link.

On the clutch side I have the original master cylinder but I have an adjustable lever fitted (sourced from Wemoto , on the fzr1000 section).

All the best

Katy
daward

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Katy
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a brembo black series brake master...used on Ducatis also.....the slightly more modern Gold series is still available new...like these below....although you'd still need to buy the reservoir pot, short run of brake line hose, 2 clips and the alloy perch/support

at least these come complete with the micro switch and cables for the front brake switch

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brembo-serie-oro-PSC-15-axial-gold-series-brake-master-cylin/142027084225?hash=item21117951c1:g:UD8AAOSwGIRXYnzf

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brembo-serie-oro-PSC-16-axial-gold-series-brake-master-cylin/142027084381?hash=item211179525d:g:YRIAAOSwvg9XYnzy

OR...you could go bigger diameter piston and Full On Brembo Radial master complete with pot...switchable diameter 18/20...complete with all the bits needed.....can thoroughly recommend...finger type light control and power...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BREMBO-RCS-FRONT-BRAKE-MASTER-CYLINDER-RCS-19-KIT-OIL-TANK-110A26310-110A26385/272848708537?epid=1083836501&hash=item3f870ce3b9:g:dGUAAOSwmFpZt~-H

Other sellers and masters are available.....wouldn't go chinky Chinese though...like this one at a quarter of the price......

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ANODIZING-Motorcycle-19RCS-Black-Brake-Adelin-Master-Cylinder-Hydraulic/263276776274?_trkparms=aid%3D555018%26algo%3DPL.SIM%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D49138%26meid%3Df1e95bdfb8e946abb755cc2857906073%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D12%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D272848708537%26itm%3D263276776274&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admin wrote:

I have a new rear hugger on order at the moment. The original wasn’t great and I have tried repairing it a few times. Ordered a carbon fibre one. Can go on unpainted and I will see how I like it.

Check if the reserve switch works.

All the best

Katy

Katy, i pulled my rear hugger off. Some cracking around the mount and previous repair. Its in a decent shape so I thought about getting it repaired and refinished but after reading about your CF hugger I am interested. Please post a link so that i can take a look. Thank you.
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya

Ordered from here

https://www.motoforzafairings.com/rear-fender-hugger-bimota-yb10-91-93

They do them in grp , carbon fibre or Kevlar. While cf is more expensive than grp the postage makes it less difference than it first appears.

All the best

Katy
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katy, thanks for the link. I'll wait to see how your hugger looks before pulling the trigger. I like Kevlar, pretty unusual color. Wonder how that would look with the Dieci colors...
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya

Hugger arrived just now.

Big piccy so a link:-

http://www.alfa-pages.co.uk/TempPicture/DSC_0842.JPG

All the best

Katy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: