Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

BiPosto YB10

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 6:34 am    Post subject: BiPosto YB10 Reply with quote

Same as one of Laminators.....that may be up for sale soon....I do prefer the paint scheme of the biposto as opposed to the monoposto....just seems fresher and more modern?...I do not however like the Red Link chain fitted to this bike....I'm darn sure no-one of the likes of Afam or DID make red link chains....thus some cheap and cheerful item not befitting on a Bimota

https://www.subito.it/moto-e-scooter/bimota-yb-dieci-biposto-reggio-emilia-251738917.htm
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: BiPosto YB10 Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
I'm darn sure no-one of the likes of Afam or DID make red link chains....thus some cheap and cheerful item not befitting on a Bimota

AFAM have them listed in their catalogue. They list steel, gold, gold / gold, blue, red, white, orange or green.

All the best

Katy
2bims

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Katy......I stopped with blingy chains a while back...so am out of touch....Mainly coz I bought a Gold face plates, gold links AFAM chain.....sellers sent Gold face plates...silver links...I moaned so hard at them...coz its a lot cheaper chain than I paid for...that they fully refunded and let me keep it...post sending back and sending new one same as new chain........And after only maybe 1-2 years....theres next to no gold left on the face plates....I suppose they do lead a hard life so cant be expected to keep colour...I also stopped with red anodised reservoir pot colours and preload adjusters...after just one summer in the sun they all go PINK...which is not what I ordered....I dont think I need a pink chain
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I tend to avoid anodised bits and pieces, and silly colour chains are close enough to also be avoided! Happy enough for a gold chain though (the early AF1s used Regina gold chains as standard).

This happens with anodised brake lines:-

That line was about 2 years old, and I spotted that when he came around to bleed the brakes a couple of days before heading off on holiday to France.

All the best

Katy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: