Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

YB6 handbook

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevmcdo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:38 pm    Post subject: YB6 handbook Reply with quote

Hi Guys

I am looking for a handbook for the YB6 if anyone an old one they no longer need or know of where one might be available.

Thanks in advance

Kev
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume that its the "owners Handbook" that you search for?

Paolo Girotti of BimotaClassicParts has only photocopies of :-

Owners Handbook
Workshop Manual
Spare Parts exploded Diagram Manual

https://www.ebay.it/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=bimota+yb6&_sacat=0

I wouldn't "rush" for a workshop manual unless anyone on here can confirm its "ok" for the YB6 in particular....they rate from "brilliant" to downright Farcical and outward laughable......depending on whether an Engineer was available at the time or the office cleaner......Some can be over 200 pages long...and some only 20 pages long....thus at 50 euros a photocopy...you'd want to know what you were getting first...Paolo wont tell you....and gives no clue or indication

He does have the Original Sales brochure if your about collecting bits...

Prices are Ahem.....up in the skies for what are essentially photocopies of originals...hopefully someone else on here can help

Other than that try contacting Bob of Bimota Spirit in USA....Bimota dealer for many a year...and is known to stock Original copies of Owners Handbooks for a lot of the early stuff.....'fraid I dont know anyone that has any.....

Theres 2 other GErman Bimota dealers that stock old stuff also...worth trying Rudolf and Armin...….

This nice man has original Sales brochures at reasonable prices...and free postage...somewhat cheaper than other sellers

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bimota-YB6-exup-Yamaha-3GM-1000-publicite-poster-advertissing-neuf-RARE/292616789578?hash=item442151de4a:g:0DwAAOSwgY9Xe6-N
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is at least what the Spare Parts book looks like...and you can "flick" thru it like a book on your screen

https://www.sfogliami.it/flip.asp?sc=17zeg7beligz5en5jog6lfnb0usydekm&ID=117644
Kevmcdo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is the owners handbook that I am looking to get hold of, I had seen the photo copes online but was hoping to get an original one if possible first. If not I will get one of the photo copies from Paolo.
Got a few weeks at least before I need it so will look around a bit more in the meantime.
Thanks
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevmcdo wrote:
It is the owners handbook that I am looking to get hold of, I had seen the photo copes online but was hoping to get an original one if possible first. If not I will get one of the photo copies from Paolo.
Got a few weeks at least before I need it so will look around a bit more in the meantime.
Thanks

"Look around a bit more"?????????

Sounds like youre a little bit new to this Bimota ownership game...The worlds smallest club of the worlds smallest producer of Motorbikes...Less than 10,000 made and I'd say for sure less than 5,000 owners....in the World......You could post up on the 5 No. Bimota Specific Facebook Pages that have been set up...but thats if you do Facebook...and most of them require an invitation from a member to be able to post up for some elitist reason.

I've searched Ebay the World for you...and thats all thats out there at the moment....and then theres just the 4 dealers of old manuals/parts etc...Bob, Rudolf, Armin and Paolo......IN THE WORLD....thats your lot....its USA, GErmany or Italy.....You could try SB8RS on here...he has photocopies of most of the Bimota owner Manuals...and is cheaper than Paolo.....After that...I'm all out...……….
Kevmcdo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Kevmcdo wrote:
Thanks

"Look around a bit more"?????????

Sounds like youre a little bit new to this Bimota ownership game...The worlds smallest club of the worlds smallest producer of Motorbikes...Less than 10,000 made and I'd say for sure less than 5,000 owners....in the World......You could post up on the 5 No. Bimota Specific Facebook Pages that have been set up...but thats if you do Facebook...and most of them require an invitation from a member to be able to post up for some elitist reason.

I've searched Ebay the World for you...and thats all thats out there at the moment....and then theres just the 4 dealers of old manuals/parts etc...Bob, Rudolf, Armin and Paolo......IN THE WORLD....thats your lot....its USA, GErmany or Italy.....You could try SB8RS on here...he has photocopies of most of the Bimota owner Manuals...and is cheaper than Paolo.....After that...I'm all out...……….

Thanks for the quick reply and previous links and yes you are corrrect I am new to Bimota ownership but also fully aware of how smalll the community for the brand is. Having already spent sometime sourcing other parts for the YB6 it became quite clear quickly if you can find them be prepared to dig deep to pay for them.
You can only keep hoping that someone may be sitting on what you are looking for and be prepared to sell before giving up too soon.

Thanks again
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd certainly try "bob" of Bimota spirit....and handy as he speaks English being in America....I've bought old Owners Manuals from him before...the genuine copies..at prices less than photocopied versions...drop him an email

info@bimotaspirit.com
His name is Bob Steinbugler

This is his website....only advertises bikes for sale but has parts and books...so contacting is the only way...the other 2 german sellers dont do English so you'd have to write to them in German

https://www.bimotaspirit.com/
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well there are 2 types of people selling Bimota stuff.

Those who know what it is and want to make mega profit .

Those who have found it in there relatives draw and have no idea what it is , can't get find any info on it and stick it on ebay for a fiver .

These things come along periodically , just have to be patient.

Why the rush to find a handbook ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> YB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: