Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB1 Throttle cable location

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ANTDB1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject: DB1 Throttle cable location Reply with quote

Need help please..Do the throttles cables on a DB1 route under the front brake lever or above? Mines running the 41mm Keihin's and looking through all the reference pics some are above the front brake lever, some below..

Thanks in advance!
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can kind of take your pick on that one Ant.....Mine run under...twin push/pull original throttle assembly....But I changed the clutch and brake masters to gold series (d'oro) so that I had adjustable levers and security of good new seals etc...although I retained the original fluid reservoirs on top of the fork tubes....What is ALWAYS evident is that lock to lock...the twin cables dance all the way across your clocks.....Bimota seemed to design the clocks as flat for racing....and then they came to fit the throttle cables and realised there was no other straight path through to go under the tank so they merrily dance across the top of your clocks...otherwise they'll snag somewhere and lock to lock would operate your throttle without you touching it...Evidently the throttle assembly also houses the switchgear start and kill switches...so it more or less depends what you are comfy with..as from recollection the clip on doesnt have a dimple to locate a lock on from the body...You may find that you have to leave all loose and see if it fits inbetween the aperture of the fairing/nose cone first on a lock-to-lock basis.....The gap is tiny and theres very minimal tolerance.....
JorgeDB1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fresh picture.
Bud977

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a racer, I always try to put the cables under if possible. That way, if you crash, the cables are protected. No need to ask how I know. Wink
DB1 860

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also running 41mm dell'ortos with stronger return springs to stop them hanging up... with new cables and a route with the least amount of sharp bends to make it easier on my wrist... I've gone above the brake lever and cable tied them to the bleed nipple to hold them away from the clocks. [748r masters]
ANTDB1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, that's great info. I've tried both ways but neither are really pretty so I was second guessing myself which way was correct especially after I had new cables made. Ive cable tied them out of the way and are running them under, when I took delivery of the bike they were over the brake lever..

The rebuilds nearly complete, can't wait to ride it Smile

2bims wrote:
You can kind of take your pick on that one Ant.....Mine run under...twin push/pull original throttle assembly....But I changed the clutch and brake masters to gold series (d'oro) so that I had adjustable levers and security of good new seals etc...although I retained the original fluid reservoirs on top of the fork tubes....What is ALWAYS evident is that lock to lock...the twin cables dance all the way across your clocks.....Bimota seemed to design the clocks as flat for racing....and then they came to fit the throttle cables and realised there was no other straight path through to go under the tank so they merrily dance across the top of your clocks...otherwise they'll snag somewhere and lock to lock would operate your throttle without you touching it...Evidently the throttle assembly also houses the switchgear start and kill switches...so it more or less depends what you are comfy with..as from recollection the clip on doesnt have a dimple to locate a lock on from the body...You may find that you have to leave all loose and see if it fits inbetween the aperture of the fairing/nose cone first on a lock-to-lock basis.....The gap is tiny and theres very minimal tolerance.....
ANTDB1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the pic, thats how mine were but were hitting the fairing so Ive had to move them under the lever.

JorgeDB1 wrote:

Fresh picture.
ANTDB1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger that, thanks!

DB1 860 wrote:
I'm also running 41mm dell'ortos with stronger return springs to stop them hanging up... with new cables and a route with the least amount of sharp bends to make it easier on my wrist... I've gone above the brake lever and cable tied them to the bleed nipple to hold them away from the clocks. [748r masters]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: