Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Festival Italia 2018
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeeKay

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:50 pm    Post subject: Festival Italia 2018 Reply with quote

Bimota Forum stand anyone?

http://www.festivalitalia.com/get-involved/italian-car-and-bike-owners/
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did it last year and it was cool .... rode around brown snatch not very quickly Wink
GeeKay

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you doing it again this year?
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beware the Geekay curse....they may take your entry, money...get you to buy a bike and then not send out the entrance tickets....and then email you and ask if you want to buy a DVD of the whole event after the event.......teehee....Does sound a hoot....details scant though....can you camp it or is it just posh nosh Hotels?...do they provide cover for bikes???
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was entered last year but unable to go at the last minute due to a health issue. As far as I can remember there is no charge for exhibitors. I was entered through a friend who was exhibiting a few of his bikes. I don't believe there was any cover but it was hard-standing, along the pit straight on the outside of the circuit. It is only for the one day so stopping over for those who have to travel long distances, you would need to arrange your own stopover, but there are plenty of B&Bs around the area. There is opportunity to ride the track, only the club circuit though, and it is among a program of Italian car racing.
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you thinking of entering this year Paul?...I've still not heard back from the Crich Tramway folk re Bimota entry...and their event is 1st July...yet entries were invited in February or somesuch.....such events seem so slapstick in their lack of professionalism...leaving folk hanging on for months at an end not knowing whether they are in or out

This particular event is 19th August...slap bang in the middle of school summer holidays....so I'd hate to book accommodation and then not get in....or perhaps I'm just getting old and winey.....nope...I know I'm getting old and winey....also part of the reason for not doing the Mcr show this year as a main event....too much faffing around getting folk to be interested when the organisers dont bother to let you know until 2 weeks before the event whether you are grazed to be within their presence for them to make money out of your free attendance....rant over
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could be up for it. I will have a chat with Andy (KB1), who arranged my entry last year (I was going to take two bikes) and see what he knows about this year.
GeeKay

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a 5 hour drive for me - could do it in a day but would prefer to stay overnight Saturday. Bike in van mode.
John KB1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy G. ????

Has he finished his KB1?

John
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John KB1 wrote:
Andy G. ????

Has he finished his KB1?

John

Not Andy G, but Andy S (westfieldandy)
GeeKay

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So............anyone fancy doing this under a Bimota "club" stand?
I don't mind registering for the event, so long as a few of the forum members will support it. It's a long haul for me, personally, but willing to arrange a stand and deal with all the red tape. 2Bims did a great job at the Manchester Show, time he had a well-earned rest from the administrative hassle.
Do need his Bimota waste bin though................ Very Happy
John KB1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I see.

John
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John KB1 wrote:
Andy G. ????

Has he finished his KB1?

John

Mr Graveson....Andy G?....lives about 10 miles from me....and nope....not finished his KB1 as yet.....nor his Tesi1D....think his DB3 is running and his SB4.....SB2 finished but never seen that one meself....retired now and living the highlife between bike trips and holidays with Mrs.....
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeeKay wrote:
So............anyone fancy doing this under a Bimota "club" stand?
I don't mind registering for the event, so long as a few of the forum members will support it. It's a long haul for me, personally, but willing to arrange a stand and deal with all the red tape. 2Bims did a great job at the Manchester Show, time he had a well-earned rest from the administrative hassle.
Do need his Bimota waste bin though................ Very Happy

I'd throw in a Gazebo, a banner and some pop-up stands also if required....put the sides up on the gazebo and you could sleep under it (although I dont know if they allow this....)
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could be up for it again
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: