Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Festival Italia 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:

Click here to download a timetable for this weekend's event.

http://www.festivalitalia.com/media/276130/festival-italia.pdf?utm_campaign=BH+Festival+Italia+Important+Info+16.08.2018+NEW+FORMAT&utm_source=emailCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=

TIMETABLE
10.00 Pirelli Ferrari Formula Classic Practice 20 mins
10.30 BRSCC Alfa Romeo Championship Qualifying 20 mins
11.00 Ferrari Club Racing Qualifying 20 mins
11.30 Italiano vs Inglese Allcomers Race Qualifying 15 mins
11.50 F1 Demonstration Demo 1 15 mins
12.10 Pirelli Ferrari Formula Classic Qualifying 20 mins
12.40 BRSCC Alfa Romeo Championship Race 1 20 mins
13.15 Ferrari Club Racing Race 2 20 mins
13.40 Historic Abarth Demonstration Demo 2 10 mins
13.55 Italiano vs Inglese Allcomers Race Race 3 15 mins
14.15 Pirelli Ferrari Formula Classic - cars to grid from pitlane 5 mins 14.20 Lunch & Grid Walk (Free to ALL spectators) 40 mins
15.10 Pirelli Ferrari Formula Classic Race 4 20 mins
15.35 F1 Demonstration Demo 3 15 mins
15.55 Ferrari Club Racing Race 5 20 mins
16.20 Special Italian Car Demonstration (famous Italian race & road cars) Demo 4 10 mins
16.35 BRSCC Alfa Romeo Championship Race 6 20 mins
17.05 Italian Bike Parade (featuring Italian motor bikes and scooters) Parade 5 mins
17.15 Pirelli Ferrari Formula Classic Race 7 20 mins
17.50 Italiano vs Inglese Allcomers Race Race 8 15 mins
18.10 Italian car club parade (for all registered Italian car owners) Parade 5 mins

Wow, this appears to be a great event. I'd be happy to pay 125 quid to attend something this fun. If you think I am nuts to pay that, consider Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance coming up end of August in Central California where the ticket cost is $375 !!! https://tickets.theconcoursstore.com/tickets/general-admission-tickets/general-admission-tickets-2018.html

For that kind of scratch, you do get to spend 1 day poking around the golf course looking at the world's best cars though. However, there is no racing of any sorts but you do get an event program included. Rolling Eyes

Question, the "Italian vs. English", would that be a motorcycle race? Aside maybe for TVR, no British steel really comes to mind that could compete against my beloved AR. Laughing
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tirefriar wrote:

Wow, this appears to be a great event. I'd be happy to pay 125 quid to attend something this fun. If you think I am nuts to pay that, consider Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance coming up end of August in Central California where the ticket cost is $375 !!!

For that kind of scratch, you do get to spend 1 day poking around the golf course looking at the world's best cars though. However, there is no racing of any sorts but you do get an event program included. Rolling Eyes

Question, the "Italian vs. English", would that be a motorcycle race? Aside maybe for TVR, no British steel really comes to mind that could compete against my beloved AR. Laughing

Twas indeed a Grand Day......And it stayed Dry!.....Big Thanks to Geekay - Raspberry Ripple SB6 Mk1 - for the Organising...Van hire, company and craic... and his efforts as always most appreciated

Also to :-

EvilChicken….great to put a face to a name at last - SB6 rode there...and after a slight stutter of peer pressure and Zero electrics....was rapidly fixed, started, and ridden home....Phew....there was a "murmour" of "I'll have to take the fairing off...……."...Thankfully not needed

Stockcar - SB6R = first meet for me also again....hopefully back home in the land of the shadow of the Golden Angle..

PaulDB2 -With his Db1 and YB6

Laminator and his Dad...great to finally meet the one responsible for your Italian passion

AndyR - YB9 Sheep Dip Yellow

John T - SB7....a Running example rode there, the parade lap and hopefully back home

We counted them all in....still waiting on counting them all back home....

More later....BUT....thankful that we turned up...as the Organisers had printed up several thousand Brochures for the event with the Bimota Forum finding a place in the list...Fame at last.....and it only took 17 years

Oh...tirefriar….re your comment...Have you heard of Aston Martin...Jaguar, Lotus....?....just a few aged English Brands to take on the Italian Marques.....teehee…..

Last edited by 2bims on Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:14 am; edited 2 times in total
AR_bimota

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, you can count me back home and I’m sure by now my chauffeur has also made it. Many thanks agsin to Stockcar for sharing his van and driving skills for what turned out to be a great day out.
It was great to meet the rest of you that made the effort and put some faces to names.
And Steve before you say it yes, ive managed to remember how to log into the forum!
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me back home also. Just woke up after falling asleep in the chair for 4 hours! Great day, good to meet faces old and new in the Bimota world and big thanks to Geekay for being our 'Event Director' for this one! Photos to follow later.
GeeKay

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BIG thank you to all that supported this event and made it such a fun day out.
The Saturday night social was a great laugh too Very Happy

Don't - and I repeat - don't - ask about the wheelie bin......................... Wink
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Festival Piccies....

And the Award for "Best in Show"....went to...…….

Bimota DB5R.....Ten year old bike with Award winning Design from Eicma 2005....and yet still looks fresh as a Daisy and bang up to date.....The Award being a BIG Surprise to me when I got home and found the email from MSVR saying "Where were you at the Award Ceremony?"...….as voted by the Public apparently.....Trophy and Gift pack kindly being posted out

Wanted!......The Apprehension of One Shady looking Character....is known to lurk around Bike shows interfering with the exhibits....and has a liking for dragging Industrial wheelie bins around from place to place....despite not being paid to do so.....Approach with caution.....Can easily be lured out from hiding by leaving a trail of pork pies out....with a sticky toffee pudding at the end of the trail....

And now a few maybe familiar...or not so...faces...of fellow Bimota owners,,,No names...thats the pack drill

Shady man found lurking around again

Bimota PArking Only - Mini Baby Bimota YB4 racked up more miles during the day than most of the Bimotas....

Last edited by 2bims on Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:19 am; edited 2 times in total
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More Bims??

Lets mix it up a bit...The Aprilia owners club.....which was outdone by the BImota boys....

Ducati Owners club Stand

Hhmm....Spondon?....what is that?

One Final Clue needed?

Ducati Owners Club a bit of a dissapointment....lots of bikes....but modern stuff that seemed to just show up for a free day out...seen better at my local dealer than down there....and no "official" sign of representation...not one solitary Italian tricolor flag even
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More Ducs

elefants for Gav who sadly couldnt make it down

The rest of the Also ran Ducs....have to be honest...seen better mix and rarity down at my local bike shop and bike meet....maybe the "switch" to the north being the better biking place and more numerous has occurred?

stockcar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes cracking weekend, decent company and bikes...............quite a few "dodgy geezers" mind.......... Laughing

@AR_Bimota the spots turned into a more proper drizzle by the time i was back down towards home..................
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll "finish off" the rest of the Bikes that I have....and subsequent posts will be 4 wheel variety Italian chariots....thus none car boys can skip straight past

Jota alert

Tambo and Robbiano Designers alert

Colour co-ordinated Bambino on baby YB4....vice like grip on the bars...his Italian Dad tried to lift him off after half an hour only to find the kid lifting the entire bike and carriage off the ground.....

Italian Food courts, clay pizza ovens, speciality foods, cheeses and wine all from Italy was in great ambundance

Our spot in front of the Dodgems.....nice location also overlooking the start and finish straight...the whole event was professionally run with not one single "jobs worth" character.....casual, informal and go home when you please...none of this locking the gates rubbish....

Taking out the trash......refuse collecters were looking to chuck me DB5R into the bin and push it out the gates.....

MV Agusta pocket rocket racers

Aprilia stand...all 7 of them...not 8....wink wink...

And to close the bike section posts off.....at least from meself posting that is.....few too many SB's down there lurking for my liking....2 No. SB6...SB6R and SB7...

Laughing
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CARS!!!!!

No particular order....other than the path that I walked and photographed....commentary superfluous.....

2bims

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final download dump from me until the Professional Photographers arrive with their shots....

This is not a GIANT stood in front of this fiat 500 racing Abarth...its just its a tiny car

Ferraris for as far as the eye could see

My personal favourite ever Ferrari....maybe coz I turned down buying one for £25K around 6 years ago...running and road worthy....went into Bimotas instead.....Oops....

Simplicity of dashboard compared to todays modern cars....thus just sheer driving pleasure without distractions

And to close...and a repeat....the mention and inclusion of the wonderful "Bimota Forum"....for which none of us would have ever met...or been to these type of events...or blown our inheritance on buying said bikes....thus a BIG BIG thanks to Katy aka Admin for setting it up in the first place

Very Happy
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys
I got home by about 6pm. It was a good day out, nice to meet you all and have a look around other bimotas.
Might find a different place for the earth strap though
stockcar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how are you uploading direct onto the forum Steve??
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stockcar wrote:
how are you uploading direct onto the forum Steve??

With due diligence....time....and most importantly...patience....BUT.....I evidently no longer use PukeBucket….but have switched to Imgur image hosting site.....You can actually click and upload say 100 images at a time....but still have to click and paste links from there to the Forum one by one....But...again....unlike previous with Pukebucket….theres no annoying time delays, pop-ups or adverts or getting thrown off on Imgur like it was with PB.....

Takes an old dog to learn new tricks to use Imgur....but give it a go and its quite easy after a couple of go's....unlike PB it doesnt fold and crash if you try to load more than 2 images at a time
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: