Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Festival Italia 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geekay, PM sent
GeeKay

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e-mail from MSV today:-

Approved.
Hi Bimota Forum UK
Your application to display at Festival Italia 2018 Brands Hatch has been approved.

You have been allocated:

10 spaces for Sunday (Sunday 19 August 2018)
You can now start adding the individual attendee information for your club members. Each vehicle must have the correct registration and driver details but you may use the same image for each car to represent the club if you do not have images for each car. Please note if you upload all club member details, all tickets will be sent to you. Alternatively you can ask each member to add their details and the correct image to your club booking and tickets will be sent out individually.

You will need to complete the whole process in order to generate your tickets. Please note tickets will be issued two weeks prior the event. The location of your display area will be set by the events team.

Thanks

Last edited by GeeKay on Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
GeeKay

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSV obviously have their finger on the pulse of Italian automobiles and welcome the (very) rare collection of Bimota cars to their prestigious show. Very Happy
GeeKay

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul DB2 has raised a very valid point about some of the bikes being brought into the circuit in a van. I will contact the organisers by phone tomorrow and seek clarification on this.

Meantime, if you would all care to enter your cars - sorry - bikes details individually via their website, please mention that you are displaying on the Bimota Forum UK stand.

I thank you.

Last edited by GeeKay on Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
GeeKay

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
We're in!!!!...Bimota forum granted 10 spaces at Festival D'italia at Brands Hatch...…..Presumably Geekay you'll be allocating spaces???

And I've been given my own individual space in a separate field where my tent will be going up also

Every one that is on the current list can attend - we will have enough spaces for our bikes. Can ask to increase it to 15 bikes if any more takers come forward.

If you have allocated spaces for your bike(s) - can you inform them that you are displaying on the Bimota Forum UK stand?

Ta.
GeeKay

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phoned MSV to ask about access to the circuit to drop bikes off - vans and cars+trailers will be allowed access to the circuit to drop bikes etc at the stand before opening time but must then be taken outside of the circuit and parked in the public car parks.

Alternatively, we may be able to leave our vehicles at the hotel after checkout - awaiting confirmation from the hotel on this.
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Public car parks sounds better...even if its a walk away...especially if we take a gazeebo, tables, chairs, coolbox...cuddly toy etc...just like other shows...a bit of faffing here and there at start and finish...getting vans from car park back to bikes maybe quicker than fighting leaving traffic all out of the event at the same time...
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received confirmation from organisers that my bikes have been accepted Very Happy
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deep "SheepDip" make the cut this year??...or demoted to an almost ??
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yellow Peril has taken umbrage at being referred to as "sheep-dip" and is sulking in the garage so no Laughing
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So its not going? Shame...its lighter to push around than lumpy 1000cc mill....

Will you be needing to book time in to set up the clip-ons and bolted on switchgear/levers etc etc on DB1...and perhaps some fluid in the brakes??
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope so, it would make life easier. Jeez, more jobs to do. Need an energy infusion!
GeeKay

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulDB2 wrote:
Just received confirmation from organisers that my bikes have been accepted Very Happy

Did you mention that you were displaying your bikes on the Bimota Forum stand?
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, when I applied, I ticked the club entry box (rather than an individual). When you look at the club listing now on the website, it shows 7 slots left.
As you applied on behalf of the forum, do you have the ability to see who have taken the slots just to be sure? Are you going to upload other peoples Forum entries on their behalf? Otherwise they will have to register themselves and apply for entry and approval, opting for the club entry like I did. Sorry if I have jumped the gun.
GeeKay

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul

I have the same access rights as everyone else. I was going to post a request for all interested parties to register their bikes and to check the club entry box, as you have done. So this is it.

Without sounding lazy, I would have to collate all the entries and entrants details and then forward them to MSV, who in turn would send all the entry tickets to me. Your tickets will be sent directly to you.

OK - I am being lazy - it just saves me a lot of work ! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 5 of 12

Jump to: