Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

SB6R fresh on UK Ebay
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stockcar

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another one appeared - 'rare opportunity' and one of only approx 6........

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BIMOTA-SB6R-RARE-INVESTMENT-OPPORTUNITY-/223023856816?hash=item33ed41fcb0

Better not tell the wife or she'll think i own a goldmine

Very Happy
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose the seller has left some "wriggle room"....makes me laugh when folk hide the number plate though....whos going to lay out 8K without doing an HPI check?...and you can zoom in and read the reg plate of the van on his drive if desired....although not much would show about the bike as it looks like its a USA import...first reg'd in the UK in July 2014...Mot'd 2 months before showing 5K plus miles....so previously regd overseas...and only 10 miles since import 4 years ago as far as can be seen...55mph highlighted on clocks...so why not say its been regd overseas? All bimotas have come from overseas

"All important letter of conformity from Bimota"...hes done well to get one...hopefully he didnt pay...as being over 10 years old he didnt need one to register it here...just a simple MOT would suffice.......
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does the V5 say it weighs 225Kgs unladen?????? Are they really that lardy???
stockcar

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My old Katana is around 240 supposedly so no chance it is anywhere near.......
GeeKay

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my eye on that new upper fairing............ Very Happy

Note also the lengthened side stand on the bike and in the spares package - good insurance.

Dry weight is 190 kgs according to Bimota brochures.
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure you have both beady eyes on it....He already seems to have a very long sidestand on the bike.

Bike owners are a very small part of the world of Humans...Bimotas seem to attract the strangest of owners...The bike has done just 400miles since being imported and registered 4 years ago...yet the owner has a wealth of spares....that he can only be bothered to layout and photograph....or explain that its been imported from USA with all the spares?

Right enough he's listed phone numbers for details...but would you really want to have to talk thru everything on the phone time and again rather than include in the listing?

Classified listing advert so can disappear at any time....I'd have though a better price would be achieved by selling bike and spares separately...but maybe he has little time to do so
GeeKay

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

someone has gone to great lengths to polish the swing arm and fit Goodrich hoses on such a low-mileage bike?
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I must be maturing as I get older...as even myself nowadays dont go with the polished swingarm/frame look....me likes original and patina...Or just getting lazy in not wanting increased maintenance/cleaning issues?
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
I think I must be maturing as I get older...as even myself nowadays dont go with the polished swingarm/frame look....me likes original and patina...Or just getting lazy in not wanting increased maintenance/cleaning issues?

The latter methinks Wink
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its back....yup...the SB6R that dissappeared during bidding on ebay…..same seller......AND....I can now reveal...he has a raspberry ripple SB6 for sale also....I dont know the seller do please do your homework.....I checked the SB6R on MOT checker...he says its 8500miles...MOT checker says it was 13,307 miles in 2006...and then 3000 in 2007...so evidently had a clocks change...thus mileage is actually around 21-22,000...……….

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bimota-SB6/283152455689?hash=item41ed339809:g:JKkAAOSwMsJblmr9

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283152525778?ul_noapp=true

SB6R was last tested in 2012 with 8,288 miles on the clock....so been sat for a while

Note the carbon mirrors on the SB6 though...only seen one other set of carbon mirrors in that style before.......Cant quite make out the reg number from the docs on this one
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sb6 has a few miles on the clock and an indicator is broken in picture (?). Dusty isnt in
Spongebob

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evilchicken0 wrote:
The sb6 has a few miles on the clock and an indicator is broken in picture (?). Dusty isnt in

Broken indicator, damage to the tank cover and carbon frame protectors? Been down the road on it's side?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: