Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB6R UK Headlight Wanted
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Debiassi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:12 pm    Post subject: DB6R UK Headlight Wanted Reply with quote

Hi Guys, Im new here so please be kind Smile
Any advice on where to purchase a UK headlight for the Delirio.
I have emailed the factory but no response dissapointingly??
stockcar

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even the tea lady has switched the light off..........
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdo newbie....firstly....welcome.....secondly...we need pictures of your bike or else we dont believe you...and thirdly...why do you need a "UK headlight" for a DB6 or DB6R?

The headlight units are stamped E13...which is a common stamp for all across Europe meaning it complies all across Europe including the UK....the light units are a FLAT beam with no kick up left or right so they pass criteria throughout all....of the World......so they are good for the UK also...be it MSVA test or MOT...done a few of both...taken 3 DB6's done to MSVA centres all passed...all imported from Italy...For MSVA tests they do have to have clocks reading in mph to pass though...but thats an easy change by pushing buttons....
Debiassi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:28 pm    Post subject: Pics as requested Reply with quote

Thanks for the response. I think you actually answered both questions so very much appreciated. I just assumed the light would dip the wrong way so that is music to my ears Smile

stockcar

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psuedo "R"....has a few of the bits for an "R" but missing a few...nice bike though and not seen one with the tricolor painting on tank and tail before....I can help you reset the service light on your dash also (comes on from mileage at 1,000kms and again later)...indicated by the red spanner....just phone on my mobile that I have sent you as a private message
Debiassi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject: Genuine Factory R Reply with quote

Hi, this is a genuine bike and not a copy. There were a lot of added extras from new which pushed the purchase price through the roof. It is a one owner bike so I absolutely know the history.
Debiassi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject: DB6R Differences Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/jpXmudBrqQo
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: Genuine Factory R Reply with quote

Debiassi wrote:
Hi, this is a genuine bike and not a copy. There were a lot of added extras from new which pushed the purchase price through the roof. It is a one owner bike so I absolutely know the history.

Oh dear...I really hope that I havent upset you...especially if it isn't even in the country as yet.....emails/typed words can often be "mis-construed" hence why I sent you my mobile phone number....

Yup...its a genuine Bimota....what I was trying to explain by saying "pseudo" "R"...which was a hidden joke/reference to a fellow member on here...and a good buddy of mine...is that it is NOT a genuine R model of the Db6, but one with a few extras to reference/clone it into a DB6(R)......

Thanks for the YouTube clip...I saw that about 10 years ago the first time around.

The bike is missing the lightweight silver wheels and brembo discs...it has the standard DB6 wheels from a cagiva Raptor and wavey braking discs...it has the engine with the standard alloy crankcase covers and not magnesium covers painted gold...It has a dry clutch but not the £1200 extra option of the Bimota Branded STM slipper clutch found on the DB6R complete with slash cut carbon cover with the Bimota "b" logo milled billet cover.

It has standard coffin pot brembo brake and clutch masters and not radial brembos...It has aftermarket brake and clutch levers that have "rounded" and not round ball ends that will fail on the MSVA test that you will have to put the bike through to get it V5 registered as it is less than 10 years old as I presume you dont have the EuroCoC for the bike.

It does have the bespoke ExtremeTec steering damper on it and the DB6R logo'd carbon wing spates protecting the radiator/oil cooler and the triangular carbon infills and side spats in carbon below the tank and what looks like carbon front mudguard as opposed to fibreglass...but it is also missing the triangular moulded carbon fibre bimota bespoke cam belt covers.

Still a nice bike...and TBF...a lot of Bimotas in that period rolled out with different specs and pieces all depending on either customer request OR whatever parts Bimota had available to build a complete bike.

Congrats on posting up piccies...still willing to hope and hoping I've not widdled on your Bratwurst.....you must be eagerly awaiting its arrival....And then the process of NOVA...MSVA test...MOT and Insurance and V5 application...all of which I can assist.....

Theres only 3 DB6R's in Britain and less than 10 DB6's in total...so wherever you go on it...chances are you'll be the only one on a DB6...and likely also the only one on a Bimota itself.....you'll be wanting to get a cat free pipe on it from Zard...and I have a contact at the factory for that...and then junk those quiet monstrously heavy cast iron end cans (although you'll need those parts on to pass the emissions and noise lever Dba tests at the MSVA test centre (you'll need a rubber strip on the leading edge of the front mudguard also...sharp edges they say...Standard end cans weigh 14lbs....Zard squishy carbon units roughly 4lbs...same also for Arrow Titanium units......
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 DB6R's in UK ???? really ?????? Are you sure ????

Debiassi.
As 2bims says its close but not an R. All Bimota R's can be ultimately identified by having 2 ' R ' in the chassis number 1 R stands for Rimini , place of manufacture and in ALL bimota chassis numbers , the second R is indeed for the R-model. ( commonly people see 1 R and think it is enough)

R has carbon bits, lighter wheels, master cylinders, steering damper/rear shock and slipper clutch, like this

There are a few variations to be honest, later ones have OZ not marvic wheels, some have Ohlins shock/forks.
Carbon side panels and mudguards make there way onto standard bikes, as do the steering dampers and shocks but I have yet to see a copy with light wheels on it, most owners draw the line at £2.5k wheel upgrade .

Last edited by vort28 on Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what they say.....No photo and we dont believe you....picture of chassis number please vort....with back up of sticker on LHS footpeg hanger plate assembly...I know how good you are at photoshopping images....

Would be odd for Bimota to change their ways...my DB5R does indeed have an extra R in the chassis number...and my DB6R has an extra 1 in it and original factory docs reference it as a VErsion 1....

Then theres the Sb7 series of bikes...when Fred turned to Bert in the factory and he sayee….We gotta any SB6 stampa frames alying aroundahere???

And thus all SB7 bikes had chassis numbers starting SB6
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Genuine Factory R Reply with quote

I have been quite sympathetic to you on this matter 2bims , not willing to make fun of you in front of your friends!!
Giving you the space to ' come out' and admit the truth !! but you constantly bait me on this issue thinking I will protect your nasty little secret !!!! I sorry but I'm going to have to throw aside my Mr Nice guy image loved by all and spill the beans if you carry on !!!

2bims wrote:

Yup...its a genuine Bimota....what I was trying to explain by saying "pseudo" "R"...which was a hidden joke/reference to a fellow member on here...and a good buddy of mine...is that it is NOT a genuine R model of the Db6, but one with a few extras to reference/clone it into a DB6(R)......

2bims wrote:

You know what they say.....No photo and we dont believe you....picture of chassis number please vort....with back up of sticker on LHS footpeg hanger plate assembly...I know how good you are at photoshopping images....
Would be odd for Bimota to change their ways...my DB5R does indeed have an extra R in the chassis number...and my DB6R has an extra 1 in it and original factory docs reference it as a VErsion 1....

Don't push this 2bims !!! Its your last warning !! Shocked
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scrambling for some semblance of understanding here.....nope....must be my age...no idea of what youre on about...……….. Laughing
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
You know what they say.....No photo and we dont believe you....picture of chassis number please vort....

You have a picture of my DB6R above , carbon bits , forged wheels etc

As you said , no picture , NO believe !!

So a picture picture of your DB6 .
You know the one with the fake R Shocked on the tank copied off the picture I sent you of my real one !! Rolling Eyes
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yawn yawn...the yarn continues

Bimotas handbooks always state that in their attempts at achieving perfection all bikes are subject to having parts changed and upgraded between similar models (or put another way...whatever bits we have lying around that will fit...or whatever suppliers that will still extend us a line of credit)

Thus and due to the process of "hand building" each and every bike....they are subject to differences.

Every DB6 should have these nice details...be it an R or standard DB6

Bespoke alloy Bimota branded filler cap...always a nice youch on all Bimotas

Bimota branded red velour bike cover in its own matching drawstring bag...that doubles up as a helmet cover/carrier...another nice touch...and a Bimota tool kit of mediocre quality provided for a bike with zero onboard storage capacity for said toolbag....I think your man servant/valet is supposed to follow you in the Bentley...

Bespoke billet frame/engine hanger plates, billet footpegs, gear/brake levers milled from solid billet (note though the carbon fibre kickstand cover...only adhered to the "R" models...lesser Delirios came with a plastic version)....All Delirios came with a carbon fibre sprocket cover and rear hugger that I've seen so far

Underside spats/belly pan always in plastic...although CF alternatives can be bought from a source in Slovakia...Note rear shock...standard on standard Delirios

Close up of standard rear shock

These also came on most "R" models...although you could always get out your cheque book and open up the special goodies box and upgrade to a higher spec High/Low speed adjustable billet anodised extremeTec rear unit like what mine has on it....

Engines changed several times during production depending on either what Ducati had progressed to using or whatever they had left over and were willing to chance a credit line and sell to Bimota

1000cc or 1100cc labelled engines...dry clutch or wet clutch...

DB6R versions generally had the Open faced dry clutch with magnesium crankcases painted gold

And some extra special versions where the cequebook was opened had matching alternator covers made in billet and log'd with the Bimota "b" to match the one on the slash cut clutch cover...I've only ever seen 3 of these though....

You can see how they match with the one on the dry clutch CF cover

Clutch pressure plate is logo'd "bimota" at the request of the company...but is made by STM in Italy...nice touch though

Generally the R models...be it DB5R or Db6R had bimota bespoke CF belt covers with diamond pattern recesses to distinguish from lesser aftermarket items....infill panles on CrMo tubular frame were also in CF and not plastic on the R models

Radial Brembo masters fitted to R models...with bespoke billet clamp system to take wing mirrors (bikes with brembo radial masters normally have fairings where mirrors would attach rather than on a naked with handlebars)....Most other delirios came wth brembo black coffin pot masters

R#s again had the custome extension to the handlebar clamps to take a ExtremeTec steering damper...standard Delirios made without a damper...

R's again had CF oil rad covers/winglets....part painted part exposed...with the Italian tricolor flag and DB6R logo, easily copied or replicated though

All Delirios came with weighty 6kgs dead mass of triangular steel end cans...alternatives weighing just 2kgs were available for straight bolt on fit from either Arrow (titanium end cans) or Zard (squishy CF end cans)...rear number plate hanger/indicator assembly is also CF on the R models...and fibreglass on standard models....seat unit, biposto is made from glassfibre on both models..seat pads the same...and under frame tubular support is in CrMo tubing...DB5R models were in alloy

R models also had a CF infill panel beneath the KOSO clocks with the "b" logo ghosted into the mould....more visible are the bespoke milled from billet master clamp brackets on the bars tailor made to receive the mirror arms

front mudguards are in CF on R models and glassfibre painted on standard..again easily replicated from aftermarket manufacturers....Wheels can be whatever they had available...like these forged silver wheels from some russian supplier that made the same wheels for the DB7

Back wheels also as above...dont seem to have great pictures of my wheels for some reason...they must have been dirty when I took detailed piccies....discs can be Braking wavey...or brembo..calipers always Brembo...front forks always Marzocchi save for some late late models that had Ohlins Fr and Rear.

Apparently....as I've heard from a source....theres supposed to be a R on the petrol tank under the Delirio logo....personally I think theyre a bit tacky...mine certainly is...shouting itself out a bit too much...looks a bit of an add-on to be fair

And here endeth the education....that is until Vort has some downtime at work of course......

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: