Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

New Mondial V5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
arsenic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:18 am    Post subject: New Mondial V5 Reply with quote

https://www.mondialmoto.it/V5superbike/

Wow ! If they really produce this machine, it’ll burry the rest of the production...!

35k€ for a full carbon/ohlins/brembo etc etc bike ? That’s a good price imo !
brian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Cool
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The road production bike says 28,000euros..which would be a bargain also.

Call me a sceptic...or just a grumpy miserable old fart....but I spy a con...

Dig deeper into the tabs on the top and they are looking for investors.....you can buy bonds at 500 euros a piece and only 2,000 supposedly are available....they have a 4 year life span...maturing in Feb 2023....which for me is closer to 5 years...although the "crowd funding" closes in April 2019....they say you will earn 8%...and its value increase as the companys profitability increases...but they dont say whether its 8% per year or in total or compound or paid per year or in 4.5 years time

they have the following vacancies….dont see mention of a mathematician or accountant to explain the above...together with a lawyer...so maybe I'll apply

We have job vacancies for the following positions:
Production Manager
CAD Designers
Engine Builders
Account
Sales & Marketing (speaking Italian, English and one other language)
Motorcycle Tester
Motorcycle Assemblers (must have experience in construction)
Resident PR Journalist
Quality Controller
Crating & Document Person

Lastly...and this will really piddle on their pasta perhaps....check out the LOGO and the name of the company and website....MondialMoto.it....very similar...but different in name and logos and website from the person that actually owns the Brand...Pierro Carroni of vdue fame Its MondialMotors.it and far different logo....Hh,,mmmm

http://www.mondialmotors.it/

Gav? Let me know how many Bonds youre buying...and if you do...as they say on Dragons Den...."I'm out..."
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOOooooooo

I've delved deeper....just look at all the incentives for buying multiple bonds...just where do I sign up...I've got pillow cases full of cash I must post to them right away....Of course if its all pucker and above board all my comments are just pure alleged conjecture and intended as fun and a jolly jape with no intention to harm or damage in any way whatsoever any actual genuine business venture that is fully legal and above board....end

Help us achieve our goal

Mondial Moto bonds are now available but are 'limited edition' with only 2,000 allocated. These bonds will mature in February 2023 on a 4 year term. There are no limits to the number of units you can purchase unless they are sold out. Each bond is priced at €500 and the deadline for crowd funding is April 2019.
Additional incentives are available for purchasing multiple units - please see our chart below:

Incentives

Project Newsletters
All crowd funders will be kept up to date with the latest project news quarterly.

Merchandise
All crowd funders will receive a special price on Mondial Moto merchandise.

Rewards
You will receive 8% interest payment payable at the end of the first years production, and 8% cash back payable at the end of the 4th year. (Editors note by 2Bims - makes no mention as to whether you can ever get your original investment back...and 1st payment is geared towards "1st years production"....Hhmmm...so...you can give them 1million Euros....and maybe...just maybe...you can get back 160,000 euros....seems to be a shortfall somewhere....jokers...)

5+ Bonds
Personal tour of the factory including a lunch and 1 hours ride on the V5 at a racing track in Italy.

10+ Bonds
You will receive a €2,500 discount on a V5 bike purchase.

25+ Bonds
Option to purchase one of the first R & S model bikes off the production line. First come first served. (VIN numbers 2-49)
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This text doesn't stand out very well !!!
You think they trying to hide something ??

2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allegedly...dont forget that bit Vort...dont want to be seeing you in court and selling off all your toys to pay for a defamation law suit....I'll have a tesi or 2 though if you need to get shut cheap...…. Wink
GeeKay

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

according to their blurb, they observed the motorcycle market 10 years ago - it's changed a hell of a lot since then.
As in, sports bikes are dying a death and even here, in sports bike mad UK, the majority of new bike sales are adventure tourer's and naked's.

Smacks a bit of Morbidelli's ill-fated V8 venture (although the Mondial does look nicer).
Ray916MN

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

179 Kg (393 lbs.) not specified as wet weight or dry..... which means dry, which means ~ 200 kg (440 lbs) wet weight.....
brian

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
OOOooooooo

I've delved deeper....just look at all the incentives for buying multiple bonds...just where do I sign up...I've got pillow cases full of cash I must post to them right away....Of course if its all pucker and above board all my comments are just pure alleged conjecture and intended as fun and a jolly jape with no intention to harm or damage in any way whatsoever any actual genuine business venture that is fully legal and above board....

Oh dear God.... you ARE a lawyer!
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trained in legal...and was "my Bag" for the last 15 years or so...8 of which overseas...Contracts Manager settling legal and contractual disputes/claims...falling into "legalise" chat is still 2nd nature...going thru smallprint and files upon files of legal docs drafted by lawyers was my day to day grind...finding out catches, drawbacks and loopholes to snare someone or profit for someone else....Not a popular guy around a table in a board room it has to be said...pointing out peoples errors and telling them what its going to cost them
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trained in legal...and was "my Bag" for the last 15 years or so...8 of which overseas...Contracts Manager settling legal and contractual disputes/claims...falling into "legalise" chat is still 2nd nature...going thru smallprint and files upon files of legal docs drafted by lawyers was my day to day grind...finding out catches, drawbacks and loopholes to snare someone or profit for someone else....Not a popular guy around a table in a board room it has to be said...pointing out peoples errors and telling them what its going to cost them
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad, a very sexy beast but the numbers sound too good to be true. Arch motorcycles sell their low production bikes at $70k+ a pop and they are nowhere as technologically advanced as this proposal (at least on paper). If something sounds too good to be true, it usually is.... sigh
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
welshlamb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"unrivalled power and performance" hard to say when they don't specify either!
who

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know how to make a small fortune investing in start up motorcycle companies?

Start with a large one!

Old joke, but I couldn't resist. Laughing

in the specs they say larger valves? Larger than what?
ruffef

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

along the lines of, and the below could probably be adapted to bike companies....

Do you know the quickest / easiest way to become a millionaire?
Start off as a billionaire and buy a football club.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: