Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

help needed - Indicator identification

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:39 pm    Post subject: help needed - Indicator identification Reply with quote

I have a broken one of these....flexible rubber arms with grooves (But not as flexible as I would hope it transpires)....led strip of 4 and clear lens....from a DB6(r)….anyone seen them on any other bikes or can find a link? They also use the same lens on the nose cone "eared" indicators

Also looking for anyone that knows where to get these from also...strangely the indicators seem to have a separate led bulb and central concentric lens cover and have stamped on the lens "Pat pending"///??...Who applies for a patent for an indicator??

GeeKay

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE Professor Pat Pending?

The one from Wacky Racers?
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure I've seen the DB6 ones on ebay but can't currently find them. Just a generic LED indicator
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Early post....you working local today vort?

Would be nice if you can find them again.....would be handy to have some spares...especially as the clear lens face appears on the front indicators also
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any makers names on them?

Nearest I can see are FAR 7146 but they are NOT the same

All the best

Katy
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No names on either of them...one that is "pat pending" is a tesi2D/virus item...but again no names...similar darn story re Bimotas and indicators...grrghhhh
quikduk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to fix my broken "flexible" stalk (vibrated itself apart) by reaming the hole to size and then threading in a hollow lamp "stud" and epoxying the entire assembly together. It has held up for a while now.

BTW, they are NOT LEDs but rather each signal has 4 tiny orange incandescent lamps in it.

I would love to change the rears out to something better but the fronts wont match. I have also thought about 3-D printing some front blanks from ABS and installing handlebar end signals.

I do like the following brands (from the Bellissimoto site) and some are very Bimoto-esque:

- CNC Racing Sky-1
- Moto Corse SYENCRO
- Motogadget

Maybe when I make those blanks I'll try to incorporate some low-profile signal insert.
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same happened with one of mine....epoxyed inbetween the one of the grooves to keep it intact...Oh lordy...what have you done....Those Billet Moto Corse Indicators....in satin silver or anodised black...fat more fitting for a DB6 rear end than whats on as standard...

https://www.bellissimoto.com/parts/lighting/turn-signals/turn-signals-1/motocorse-syencro-billet-homologated-led-blinkers-pair-with-integrated-resistors-1

I've never seen a "shop" outside of MotoCorse itself that sells their products

I also quite like these...and check out the others on this website....Hhmmm shiney billet or black with smoked lens...which would blend better

https://www.bikermart.co.uk/Highsider-Cortona-HI~Power-LED-Motorcycle-Indicators-E~marked

Koso units...but again I like the blingy alloy polished units...

https://www.bikermart.co.uk/Koso-e~marked-LED-Motorcycle-Indicator-Pair

swipey swipey led lights like the new audis?

https://www.bikermart.co.uk/Shin-Yo-RUN-Animated-LED-Indicator-Turn-Signal

Same company....swipey swipey action leds also.....and probably more "fitting"

https://www.bikermart.co.uk/Shin-Yo-Flint-LED-Sequential-Motorcycle-Indicator-Pair
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres another DB6 Delirio...for sale in the States...and the very same broken indicator stalk on the RHS rear as I had...His very Opening Words of the ebay advert are...."Very well maintained".....I think not...….

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283030522031?rmvSB=true

Confused
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Heres another DB6 Delirio...for sale in the States...and the very same broken indicator stalk on the RHS rear as I had...His very Opening Words of the ebay advert are...."Very well maintained".....I think not...….

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283030522031?rmvSB=true

Confused

You beat me to this one. Wanted to post in FOR SALE section.... There are a lot of red flags in this listing: seller with ZERO feedback, Florida plated bike sold out of Texas (not really a big deal but why not mention it in the text, could become an issue for local buyer) and of course the already mentioned right rear turnsignal (again no mention of it in the text). What other "insignificant" surprises await a potential new owner?!
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Side stand kick plate/spoiler also AWOL....and theres something not right with the fixing bolt/sidestand arrangement...LHS....Hhmm...It has apparently had the ECU2 put into it....so a new wiring loom...Walbro instead of pegaso...
welshlamb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
I've never seen a "shop" outside of MotoCorse itself that sells their products

www.DesignCorse.com ??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: