Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

2Bims Clearout
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phil-short wrote:
Just wondering what bike and what diameter forks those yokes are for?
The top yoke looks very similar to that from my yb9 which i am looking to replace.... 43mm by any chance? Slim chance I know as the bottom yoke is definitely different.....

Already promised to another on here....all Bimota top yokes from mid 80's to late 90's the same style....just different diameters...these are 51mm as in YB11...the only bike fitted with them
phil-short

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries, I can drill my own but I would like to have un-butchered set also!
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject: Last Sweetie Jar being emptied Reply with quote

Yup.....its time to empty out the last Sweety jar full of Bimota bits.....This time is bling a ding hard anodised alloy parts

After these have all gone, its time to harvest the latest and last crop growing in the background and I'll be stuffing the boat full of cash from the proceeds and heading off into the sun, pina coladas, pools, and parading down promenades on Bimotas

Need more Details?????

See anything you like that takes your fancy?

Oh go on then...lets tip it all out and see whats what......

More details needed???

YB series frame plugs over swingarm spindle...they look like a flat round alloy plate when fixed in place...but oh no...far too simple for bimota that...they mill it out from a piece 5 times thicker so that there is an inbuilt "spacer" for the fixing bolts

Paioli Fork Tops

Those "never ever seen before for sale anywhere" special billet gear/brake rod plunger spigot swivel brackets for the footpegs.....

Top Hat caps for steering stem.....The most shared and common part on all Bimotas....Fits KB1 through to KB3...SB1-SB7....DB1-DB4...V-due....YB4-YB11

Threaded alloy sleeves and hex nuts for foot gear and brake peg linkages...and alloy bracket for hinged footpeg...Linkage piece is for gear rod.....shiney pieces hence DB2/3/4....Vdue...SB6/7....YB11.....basically any of the Bimotas that utlised footpegs with rubber inserts and NOT solid billet pegs with no rubber.

A variety of Bodywork to Frame special fixing bolts and some LARGE old skool spacers that go behind on some models...DB1 and early YB models YB4 onwards....The bolt on the far right I have no idea about???/ neither also the round drilled x4 plate in the front....alloy bush and hex ring in middle is another bush for footpegs/gear/brake linkage levers

A few more oddities here.....A "new series" gear/brake foot lever...shiney so DB2 onwards.....SB6 onwards...bikes with rubber inserts in the footpegs...but this one has a rubber gaiter fitted to the end...theres a spare rubber also...never seen a bimota with a rubber end on one of these levers...must be for riders who wear brogues or such

Bottom left is DB1/DB2 soild spindle eccentric...Bottom left is YB series Eccentric tool adjuster (larger that same tool for DB1/DB2)

51mm dia Steering damper bracket, Bimota Vdue Tank fixing/oil filler cap bolt.....DB2/DB4/Vdue plus others Rear caliper hanging plate and Brembo Caliper (SS bolts fitted just for image...yes...they are too long and would hit the disc etc etc) ...Bimota DB3 and DB4 frame plug for the oval tubing...(4 No, used on each model)

Older style Bimota gear and brake foot levers (L&R) for models with solid metal footpegs...KB1,2,3...Sb3,4,5...YB4,5,6,7,8??...
With brake rod linkage (swivel plunger type linkage)

You want more???

Period STM branded Steering dampers and linkages....(will measure and update later)....labelled Bimota also but made by STM......Top one is Later Z model damper used on the likes of Sb6/SB6R other side slung models of Bimota...i.e. NOT across the steering head aka DB2 shortie style...

This is how they look fitted (I do not have the clamp bracket unfortunately)

Thats it for now....more later....Really is the last chance of the bite of the apple...at least from my Orchard that is....a couple of weeks on this Forum for the stuff then its other means of advertising and ultimately ebay for the remainder....so dont be shy...anything of interest let me know and I'll take whatever measurements/more pictures as needed
GeeKay

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First dibs on the SB6 / 6R steering damper please Very Happy
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are my Damper Man Geekay....26mm diameter it is...>Rudolf reckons this one fits 6 and 6R.....although...cough cough...he asks 279euros for a used one..damper rod travels 135mm...Max O/A length 345mm...Min...(lock to lock)..210mm
DB1 860

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve
The two steering dampners with the red fork brackets, what dia is the bracket? as Im after a full set up for my YB5, and the two hex bolts in the bodywork fixing picture, behind the round drilledx4 plate, is the shaft 12mm and how long is it?
Gerald
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These Puppies DB1?

Firstly the Bodywork to Frame alloy bolts

total length of bolt shaft measured as should be (underside of head to end of thread) is 61mm...Yup...the longest part of the bolt and thread is 12mm....the "shoulder" that fits into the bodywork recess is 15mm dia and 6.5mm deep....the head has a max dia of 23mm and a hex socket of 6mm

SD

40-41mm ID....will go bigger because its steel painted red on a bolt adjust/clamp...120mm travel on rod.....I would say they need a service though....new fluids and clean and seals....Very early example of a damper....theres no "clicks"....but the adjuster knurled end rod simply turns in and out increasing/decreasing damping force...End caps on body do have 2 pin holes on outer alloy piece on either end to remove and service
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DB1860.....Do you need any spacers? THis spacer fits perfectly on those bolts...butting up to the shoulder and stopping at the beginning of the thread...so it looks like the respective spacer for at least one of those bolts....Wonderful Bimota...whopping great big bolts...and same again for sapcers….at least these are about half the dia and length of the puppies they put onto the Db1!!!

Although....Some people are known to use cut off lengths from a garden hose to space out the bolt from the frame/bodywork....(Names will not be revealed to protect the guilty)…. Shocked
DB1 860

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes those are the ones... Ill take the spacers, bolts and the damper... do you want to PM me with a price.
Gerald
GeeKay

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
You are my Damper Man Geekay....26mm diameter it is...>Rudolf reckons this one fits 6 and 6R.....although...cough cough...he asks 279euros for a used one..damper rod travels 135mm...Max O/A length 345mm...Min...(lock to lock)..210mm

cheers matey. Sort cash out at Brands Hatch or do you want me to PayPal you?
shay001

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like one of those tool kits if there are any still available, I see I missed the DB1 blinkers
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeeKay wrote:
2bims wrote:

cheers matey. Sort cash out at Brands Hatch or do you want me to PayPal you?

Brands Man.....I'll imbibe you with alcohol and get you to sign your life away....or tempt you with some handmade Italian parma ham and cheese sarnies for the trip down...crusty ciabatta bread....Hhmmm
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya

Can I put dibs on a steering stem cap please?

All the best

Katy
who

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.imgur.com/3UtGQ1Wh.jpg

Hi Steve can you shoot me a price one these? Cheers.
Ed Light

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

top service on the sending the parts Steve, thanks very much!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: