Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

For sale: rare Bimota DB8 Oro Nero #11 of 11 new old stock
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
supra2nv

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:56 pm    Post subject: For sale: rare Bimota DB8 Oro Nero #11 of 11 new old stock Reply with quote

Please look me up on nsxprime and other car forums as username supra2nv for reference. I am selling my DB8 oro Nero. This bike has the carbon fiber frame and swing arm. It is new old stock with under 5 kilometers delivery miles. This is truly a work of art and considered a masterpiece. Never ridden. 49 state legal (not California). Bike is located in Santa Clarita California. Never registered, so the buyer would be the first owner technically. Asking price $90k obo. This is new old stock and is the last Oro Nero made. #11/11

Thank you for looking. ^v^

Supra2nv

Video: you can see my avatar on the display (authenticates it’s my bike)
https://youtu.be/dzb-F3iGgok

Last edited by supra2nv on Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total
djt77

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with the sale I would love to add this to my DB7 Oronero.
supra2nv

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djt77 wrote:
Good luck with the sale I would love to add this to my DB7 Oronero.

Thank you for the kind wishes. You have great taste with your DB7. Hope my DB8 goes to a good home. It’s a rare bird especially in America as I’m told there’s only few (I’m hearing 4) that made it to the US.

Any leads are appreciated. I decided to focus my efforts on cars. Although I love motorcycles. I just don’t have the seat time.

Supra2nv
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohlins Front and rear suspension....very nice....Plastic tank and not carbon fibre though? Is that a USA issue or somesuch??
supra2nv

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Ohlins Front and rear suspension....very nice....Plastic tank and not carbon fibre though? Is that a USA issue or somesuch??

Thank you. This bike also got the latest color dash:) I believe all DB8 oro Neros did not come with Carbon tank. Only DB7. I do prefer the carbon tank but Bimota switched on the DB8.
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes......DB8's the bigger 1198 engine....but with more production the body panels had moulds made and they went down the plastic fairing route and not carbon...evidently not so on the Oro Nero version though....I have a friend with the Db7 Oro Nero....with a nice CF fuel tank.....and evidently the frame and swingarm also....95% of people that see it dont realise what it is...or know what it is...and anyone asking normally enquires if its a "wrap"...not realising what it is....Still the first and worlds only Production motorcycle with a carbon frame and swingarm.....Noticed the Oz racing wheels also as opposed to the thin spoke Boggliano wheels fitted to the DB7.....and the exhaust strap on the end can....early models used to tear their brackets off from the rear can they were bolted to.....Is there a CAT on the header system? Couldn't see one...
supra2nv

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
.Is there a CAT on the header system? Couldn't see one...

I will know about CAT on Wednesday. I’m currently not near my bike.

Last edited by supra2nv on Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
brian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool avatar, good luck with the sale
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
supra2nv

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brian wrote:

Thank you and thank you . Avatar has to do with photons physics and robots ^v^ Love your collection btw
brian

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

supra2nv wrote:
brian wrote:

Thank you and thank you . Avatar has to do with photons physics and robots ^v^ Love your collection btw

Thanks mate. I like stuff that’s a bit different or uncommon. Bikes take up way Less room than cars, which is the main reason I never got into cars. In saying that... I do have a lot orcars on my ‘maybe one day’ list Laughing
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
supra2nv

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
...Is there a CAT on the header system? Couldn't see one...

There is No CAT. FYI

Jack
Supra2nv
supra2nv

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
...Is there a CAT on the header system? Couldn't see one...

There is No CAT. FYI

Jack
Supra2nv
bi-mo-ta

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jack,

The following follow-up post includes clarification questions + a few areas that may upset you, and trust, that is not my intent. Just want to be transparent as I might be interested dependent if the price is right?! Keep reading...

When you state “new old stock”, please clarify this for the masses as it refers to your bike specifically?! Also, is your Oro the one which was for sale at Newport Italian approximately 1.5 years back (this one: https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&channel=ipad_bm&source=hp&ei=9QuXW4GfLoyUsgXw6bHABQ&ins=false&q=bimota+db8+oronero&oq=bimota+db8+oronero&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-hp.3..0l2j0i22i30l2j33i160.2620.8138..8842...0.0..0.123.1413.15j3......0....1.......3..41j46j46i131j0i131.pPrKrhiRFA8#imgrc=h3zJUV47nE-NWM:) where the first sales price was $80k, then jumped to $115K? Or, the one shown at the 2:12 mark via the video at this link: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DK_1pqfegNo. And forum peeps, don’t knock me for posting a blogger video where the blogger is not too sharp, or keeps touching the bike with his grubby fingers, and commenting there are only 7 in the world...

And I’m certain your bike is this one: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zMhxvGGb9sg

Continuing on... I’m asking because Newport Italian told me it was the 11th manfactured when I was visiting them in late 2016. Regardless, and please do not be offended with the following... why the asking price of $90k, when I am certain it sold new for much less, and this was in 2015. Unless you purchased from Newport and are not the original owner? I state this, for 2 DB8’s were specifically manufactured in 2015 (not 2014) to be shipped to the US. I should know for 1 was being offered to me. However, they were supposed to be listed as 2009 model year bikes to make them legal via a title as this was the last official model year Bimota USA was in operation. Or we’re going to be listed as a custom bike, which I believe is what actually happened, and why model year 2014 is an interesting point. And is a major contributing factor to this bike not being allowed to be registered/titled in California.

If never ridden and contains 170 delivery miles... how can that be? Trust me the factory would not build this and put 170 miles on the clock. Please clarify?

I’m certain most Bimota die-hards here know the DB8 did not exist in 2009... actually didn’t hit production until 2010, with the first Oro made in 2011 or 2012 (?). And I am certain there are a few more than 11 DB8 Oronero’s produced. Razz

For those interested, the reason the DB8 Oronero did not come with Carbon tank is because one too many DB7 Oro’s were having leaking issues, and the factory did not want to warranty the same when they transitioned to the DB8. No worries though as I acquired this and haven’t had an issue with my bike; https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/motocorse/item/10002586/.

Also, when you say your bike has no “cat”, which the bike shown in the 3 links above proves... it would be good to know why that is, for all factory made bikes came with a cat. And it appears the front mud guard with your bike is what was used on the BB3, not a DB 7/8, which is odd.

I’m looking forward to your feedback...

bi-mo-ta
Gavin944888

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello ...lovely bike and perhaps I can assist on the exhaust.

It looks like the Arrows 2 into 1 OEM Bimota item with the cat inside the downpipes as per the DB9

This sysytem was fitted to my DB9 as per the factory standard issue 2012-3...right down to strap and hanger (I have that one as a spare)

There are no visible indicators of a cat as it slips into each downpipe and can only be viewed with the exhaust dismantled.

Hope that this bit of info may be of help

regards
Gavin

Cagiva Elefant 888/955 & adventure sidecar
Cagiva Elefant 999r engined
Cagiva BIMOTA Motard Concept
BIMOTA DB9 (with DB11 rear-end)
BIMOTA DB7-11 VLX MULE (build coming to an end)
BIMOTA DB11 VLX Supercharger
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that I'm "associated" with Jack in any way....but.....its fair to say that each and every Bimota may differ from one exact same model made the same day...it really always has been a case of "what parts do we have lying around?" as the workers strive to finish each bike ordered......Various friends who had visited the factory attested to certain DB7's/Tesi's that were on display...yet were missing vital parts as they were removed to finish another bike being built...…..

If you look on the web here for the UK distributor for Bimota that was around at the time...he shows the DB8 Oro Nero model with a list price of £38,000...which at todays exchange rate would be $49,000...……..Back in 2014....strip it back to 2014 exchange rates...= $65,000...…..

Heres the link...and you can still download the Sales brochure for free also..which is more than be can said for the Italian factory website

http://bimota.uk.com/oronero.asp

Peruse the pictures on the sales brochure...essentially the same bike....Arrow carbon tiped round end can and not Zard like on DB7...a strap around the can....and no visible Cat...DB7 with 1098 had a weighty SS cat box thats a bugger to remove...and front header is tight against the side crankcase cover......hard task to remove and refit...and I cant see how it would pass emissions or decibel level check without the cat that on a DB7 has some black slotted "grille" plates to hide the ugly box....yet not visible here on the archive pictures for the DB8 oro Nero......The nice boys down at my test centre allowed me to thrash the heck out of the engine to heat it and the cat up so that I could pass the emissions test.....when I tried wihout the cat fitted there was no way it would ever pass...and the DB level check was 10 over the limit........

When you look at the front end of Jacks DB8...the answer to the BB3 front mudguard is in the front end set-up.........Forks are Ohlins from the BB3....as they have different bespoke Bimota fork ends holding the calipers...and different fixing points for the front mudguard...hence using a BB3 mudguard....as said before...not unusual...as they apparently had 30 or so BB3 kits left with everything but the engines and wiring looms....thus they robbed a front end from one and fitted that...

How many did they make??? Never a true answer...always mere guesses and assumptions....Bimota Bible No. 2 stated 10 DB7 Oro Neros...at time of print.....and frame numbers never help either.....DB8's not catalogued at the time.....Actual Numbers? Always nice to talk about due to rarity....but IMHO...I dont care.....ALL Bimotas are rare by comparison to any other manufacturer...I dont consider a "ltd Edition" of 2,000bikes by Ducati to be "rare"...but its all relative...and 99% marketing hype and also to assist local bike night "bragging" rights......Just turn up on a Bimota and you win every time......How many Vincent Black Shadows were ever made? Around 1,774....look at the prices of them today....so hang fire for another 50-60 years or so and maybe Bimotas will be achieving similar results...

Price? Doesnt matter what he paid...and in a seemingly less and less "free" world...its still up to the owner to decide on the asking price....It happens throughout the motoring world...New cars being sold over the initial price due to rarity....even "sold on" before they are received for a profit...so why not the bike world?...Happens with Ducatis "limited edition" bikes like the Desomdieci and pantyliner super leggera (strangely not though the YB11 super leggera that first penned those words on a bike)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: