Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

For sale: rare Bimota DB8 Oro Nero #11 of 11 new old stock
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding production numbers of 'Oronero' models, the 2nd Bimota bible L'era di Oro (Saverio Livolsi/Giuseppe Morri) states that 25 DB7 Oronero were built between 2010 and 2013, and 10 DB8 Oroneros were built between 2013 and 2015. Don't shoot the messenger Smile
bi-mo-ta

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Paul,

Good feedback, and if what I know is correct, 30 total DB7 Oro’s were made, and that was to be the final number, while a 31st bike was built due to unforeseen circumstances for the owner of #30. He’s an active member here and might chime-in.

As for the DB8 Oro, I believe the final number is either 14 or 15, and don’t quote me on this + hope no one shoots the messengers (you & me both).

In the end, 2bims is 100% correct when it comes to any Bimota. All were made in very limited numbers, thus are all priceless works of art! And when I show up on the 7 or 8 Oro @Cars & Coffee, a never ending crowd surrounds the bike as if she were a LaFerrari, P1, Regera, or any other exotic-hyper car out there. Cool
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulDB2 wrote:
Regarding production numbers of 'Oronero' models, the 2nd Bimota bible L'era di Oro (Saverio Livolsi/Giuseppe Morri) states that 25 DB7 Oronero were built between 2010 and 2013, and 10 DB8 Oroneros were built between 2013 and 2015. Don't shoot the messenger Smile

good to see you making use of the reference bible Paul....you should be charging £1 per referral...son get your money back...Its why I sold my first copy of the Bible....had had it many a year but was only using it as a reference book to answer questions on here....a Librarian I aint.....and "google" has everything else covered....albeit its a bit vague on "numbers of Bimotas made..."
supra2nv

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and thank you everyone for chiming in with informative comments. Nice to see so many enthusiasts on the forum.

For clarification, a few years back Bimota realized they had 2 oro Nero frames and enough parts to make 2 oro Nero’s. I was told there were 9 built, and these would be 2 additional bikes. I had the choice to buy either #10 or #11. I have pictures of the bikes being built. Mine is the last one made, vIN also ends in #11. Bimota was nice enough to upload a picture of my avatar on the screen as well^v^. I had this bike on consignment at Newport italia along with other bikes as I was moving after a major car accident a couple years back. Newport Italia closed its doors, and moved the bike to CNC Motors without my consent. I found the bike in the YouTube bloggers ( SnewJ )video and I quickly retrieved my bike. The folks at CNC motors were very helpful with getting my bike back to me. I’m the original owner but it’s not registered yet, so the title would be issued in the next buyers name. I will connect the buyer with my contact at Bimota to help with any questions that come up.

Supra2nv
supra2nv

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Received my db8 oro Nero back from storage. Time to get her detailed. Stunning bike ^v^

https://youtu.be/Xq3JjEP-eAs
supra2nv

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spoke to my Bimota contact and here’s an update. The year of the bike is 2011 - the last year that Bimotas were legally imported into the USA. 49 State bike - NOT legal in California. Bike was built in 2014/15.

Hope this helps.
supra2nv

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bi-mo-ta wrote:
Hey Jack
If never ridden and contains 170 delivery miles... how can that be? Trust me the factory would not build this and put 170 miles on the clock. Please clarify?

bi-mo-ta

You are correct. I was told these were the miles by the storage place I had the bike at a couple years ago. I went to look today (since I have my bike back), and the odometer according to my readings is “5 kilometers”. I should have checked earlier my apologies.
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

supra2nv wrote:
I spoke to my Bimota contact and here’s an update. The year of the bike is 2011 - the last year that Bimotas were legally imported into the USA. 49 State bike - NOT legal in California. Bike was built in 2014/15.

Hope this helps.

If it has federal sticker, all it needs is 7500 miles on the clock to become eligible for registration in California. You can also register it in other states such as Vermont and operate it in Cali but keep an eye out for overzealous LEOs... Beautiful bike, I wish you all the best in finding a new curator for it.
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: