Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

SB6 / SB6R
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeeKay

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject: SB6 / SB6R Reply with quote

the 6R is back in the garage, having had it's swing arm bearings replaced. Whilst it was in bits, it had new chain and sprockets (yes - a front one too!) fitted, the clutch system refreshed with new fluid and the coolant was replaced, along with the usual service items (plugs / oil / filter).
Meanwhile, the 6 has been collected by a well known monthly magazine to test alongside a YB6. It should appear in next months issue. Only one outcome there then...........
The 6R will be advertised for sale soon, as I have first refusal on a bike from another failed Italian manufacturer, who's "premium" bikes are selling for less than the cheapest Bimota's. Another on my bike "bucket list" to knock off............. Very Happy
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool
Let me know when that hits the newsstands (and the name of the magazine).

My Six returned from the dyno and feels bloody brilliant Smile 142 and 79 are the magic numbers
welshlamb

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: SB6 / SB6R Reply with quote

GeeKay wrote:

The 6R will be advertised for sale soon, as I have first refusal on a bike from another failed Italian manufacturer, who's "premium" bikes are selling for less than the cheapest Bimota's. Another on my bike "bucket list" to knock off............. Very Happy

Benelli Tornado? Do tell!
welshlamb

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: SB6 / SB6R Reply with quote

GeeKay wrote:

Gammaboy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mondial Piega?
vort28

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gammaboy wrote:
Mondial Piega?

There is no need for that kind on language , Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing
GeeKay

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: SB6 / SB6R Reply with quote

welshlamb wrote:

Correct - 2008 registered, low mileage, all engine mods done, non-standard carbon front mudguard and rear hugger and mirrors, Rizoma front and rear brake reservoirs, clear indicator upgrade, full history.
It has been dropped, whilst stationary, on the l/h side and requires a replacement top fairing, a l/h foot peg assembly (these parts already sourced) and. ideally, some paint on the tail fairing.
Sadly it is black and silver, not the green and silver I would have liked.
But for £1400 - beggars can't be choosers.................... Wink
stockcar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where on earth do you find some of this stuff.........
GeeKay

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pure chance - I was talking to some Benelli Tornado owners and was offered the bike. In return, I have to let the guy ride my SB6 as it's on his bucket list too Very Happy
brian

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evilchicken0 wrote:
Cool
Let me know when that hits the newsstands (and the name of the magazine).

My Six returned from the dyno and feels bloody brilliant Smile 142 and 79 are the magic numbers

Nice numbers
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
vort28

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to reading about your bike GK Very Happy

GeeKay

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me too, Stuart Very Happy
GeeKay

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evilchicken0 wrote:

I hope I get something similar when mine gets the dyno treatment later this month.
welshlamb

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: SB6 / SB6R Reply with quote

GeeKay wrote:
welshlamb wrote:

Correct - 2008 registered, low mileage, all engine mods done, non-standard carbon front mudguard and rear hugger and mirrors, Rizoma front and rear brake reservoirs, clear indicator upgrade, full history.
It has been dropped, whilst stationary, on the l/h side and requires a replacement top fairing, a l/h foot peg assembly (these parts already sourced) and. ideally, some paint on the tail fairing.
Sadly it is black and silver, not the green and silver I would have liked.
But for £1400 - beggars can't be choosers.................... Wink

Legend says that the engine was designed for (and exhibited by) Laverda but as they wouldn't pay the designers invoices he went to the factory took back the mock up and dwgs and stomped off to Benelli. (just as well as Laverda disappeared up its own ass and was then bought and killed off by Aprilia)

I believe there were LOADS of issues with oil starvation in early models but this was improved (?) later on. But sound lovely and look awesome (and even had the odd run out in WSBK!)

Have fun with your new find.
GeeKay

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the deal never materialised so no Nelli in the garage. Thinking the guy who was selling it has done me a great favour................... Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: