Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB2 mirrors

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fly8s

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:26 am    Post subject: DB2 mirrors Reply with quote

Are the mirrors 748/916 mirrors? Mine was raced so didn’t get the mirrors.
Also a source for the plastic bushings that locate the seat unit?
Thanks
rOLLI

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, ducati mirrors will not fit without modification. Search for cagiva mito mirrors.
roland
HP4, NineT Racer, R100GS, R80ST, R71
RD350
Daytona 675R
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As roland says....you need flat base far mirror...not ducati 916 etc as they have a curved foot....go for far.it the manufacturer...they still sell them...2 seat fixings I fitted steel ones as the plastic heads round off if overtightened...I have a link at home I'll post up....Suzuki fixings...as the bolt size and pitch is weird
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2006-7 Suzuki GSXR GSX-R 600 750 1000 Seat Bolts 09139-06146 Stainless Steel x2.....put that into ebay.co.uk....
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant "swear" that these fit...they are the right diameter...its the pitch thats weird...but it has the shoulder and the right size head....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-7-Suzuki-GSXR-GSX-R-600-750-1000-Seat-Bolts-09139-06146-Stainless-Steel-x2/132828939393
Fly8s

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:49 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for the leads on the seat retainer and mirrors. Very helpful. Unfortunately all the special parts that make a Bimota a Bimota also make it hard to restore one if it’s not complete.
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stuffs out there...usually stored on some collectors wardrobe....bedroom...loft or garage....takes time thats all...just shout up if youre missing anything....
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cant be absolute certain from the picture you emailed....but I think the previous owner swapped out the front end....none standard clip-ons....and top yoke and forks look like Paioli but seem to have preload adjusters on top and central screw for compression and rebound on the bottoms per leg.....normal DB2 forks were 41mm paiolis….with one leg for compression and one leg for rebound...and no preload adjusters on the tops...not an issue if it gives you more adjustment....Horrible wide folding US market footpegs where the pegs are out of alignment with the foot levers...BUT....if you bought new fixed footpegs....everything including the back bolt changes out and they aren't so wide then.....watch out for the suicide stand...But...there is a mod for them so it stays open unless kicked back on purpose
Fly8s

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:06 pm    Post subject: sidestand Reply with quote

Yes, just moving the bike in the garage I need to stick my toe in the recess to get the stand out.
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use my heel.....easier to turn my foot around.....By simply making a bent alloy metal plate I moved the top fixing of the spring further forward....so kick it beyond a point and it stays out....and you have to manually retract it with your boot....I posted up dimensions and pictures on here of the mod....cost less than $1....I'll see if I can find it again
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: