Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

YB11
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kwackers

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:44 am    Post subject: YB11 Reply with quote

Hi guys

We've a customer who is interested in selling his YB11. Trying to get idea's on what it's worth?

It's a 2002 model. The crystal display isn't working so can't get the mileage (anyone know a fix?). For this reason we can't guarantee the mileage. Our customer thinks about 10,000. However a possible 3000 per year would put the mileage more in the region of 24,000.

All round condition is very good. The worst I could find is a crack in the paint (doesn't look like the plastic is damaged) Picures to follow.
kwackers

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10,000 is possibly ok, 24,000 would be excessive - Bimotas don't get ridden to the same extent that a mass produced bike would ... are there any old MOT's that you can view on line ???

Value on a private e-bay auction would see between £3500-4000 but recent SB6's have gone for a bit more. The YB11 is a nice bike.
kwackers

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Evilchicken0.

The crystal display hasn't worked for about 7 years. The owner thought he'd never sell it so wan't bothered about fixing it.

I don't know what the MOT's show.

Thanks again!
GeeKay

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as a guide..........

http://cgi.ebay.de/Bimota-YB11-EZ-7-98-/290452709885?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Motorr%C3%A4der&hash=item43a054a1fd
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did he get an MOT with no speedo ? Can't be much of an MOT station that would issue with ?????? on it , or has it not been on the road for the past 7 years ?
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A speedo isn't an MOT item
Riminired

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeeKay wrote:
as a guide..........

http://cgi.ebay.de/Bimota-YB11-EZ-7-98-/290452709885?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Motorr%C3%A4der&hash=item43a054a1fd

On German it also reads "reserve not met" so it will be interesting to see how much it sells for, if it sells!

RR
Riminired

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:
How did he get an MOT with no speedo ? Can't be much of an MOT station that would issue with ?????? on it , or has it not been on the road for the past 7 years ?

The "crystal display" is NOT the speedo or rev counter, its the trip, water temp gauge. NIce to have but not essential, that is until the speedo packs up and you have no guide to how many miles covered or fuel used! As he said pushing the bike to the fuel station in the hottest day of the year last year!!!

This can vary on YB11s on early models there was no crystal display just a small gauge!

RR
kwackers

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bike will be coming back in over the weekend.

Speaking to waranty company to confirm where we stand on the bike, next week.

Workshop yet to get their paws on it but I'm guessing we'll have to sell without the display working.

If anyone is interested let me know.
jatexup

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: Y11 for sale Reply with quote

Hi,

Given that the bike is a 2002 model, then presumably this was one of the subsequent imported machines (from Germany perhaps?), as the YB11 was manufactured between 96-98. However many European bikes seem to have the "b" for Bimota on the fairing stradling the upper and lower halves of the fairing, whereas this machine has the logo located on the (black) bottom half. Interesting therefore to know whether or not it has an mph or kph speedo, and which way the headlight dips as obviously both these things will tend to confirm one way or another if it's actually a UK bike or not. Mileage-wise you wouldn't normally expect a (UK) Bimota to have that much on the clock, especuially if it's only 8 years old.

Pity about the trip/water.etc. display, though I'm sure that most could like without this if need be. The "crack" in the paint may well prove to be a crack in the plasitcs but I'm happy to be proved wrong on that one! I notice that it has an aftermarket rear sprocket, so the mileage must be over say 5k at least, but nevertheless not necessarily high given the apparent condition. Worth a look at no doubt if anyone's in the Guildford area perhaps.
jatexup

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Y11 for sale Reply with quote

Hi,

Given that the bike is a 2002 model, then presumably this was one of the subsequent imported machines (from Germany perhaps?), as the YB11 was manufactured between 96-98. However many European bikes seem to have the "b" for Bimota on the fairing stradling the upper and lower halves of the fairing, whereas this machine has the logo located on the (black) bottom half. Interesting therefore to know whether or not it has an mph or kph speedo, and which way the headlight dips as obviously both these things will tend to confirm one way or another if it's actually a UK bike or not. Mileage-wise you wouldn't normally expect a (UK) Bimota to have that much on the clock, especuially if it's only 8 years old.

Pity about the trip/water.etc. display, though I'm sure that most could like without this if need be. The "crack" in the paint may well prove to be a crack in the plasitcs but I'm happy to be proved wrong on that one! I notice that it has an aftermarket rear sprocket, so the mileage must be over say 5k at least, but nevertheless not necessarily high given the apparent condition. Worth a look at no doubt if anyone's in the Guildford area perhaps.
jatexup

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: YB11 for sale Reply with quote

Hi,

Having just blown up a few of the YB11 pix, then this bike does actually have an mph speedo. However what it doesn't have is a rear hugger or a bolt holding the left hand front fairing together. I think therefore that I've seen this bike before, and maybe know its identity, as I went to see such a machine in a dealers a couple of years ago and am pretty sure that this may be the same Bimota.
kwackers

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: YB11 for sale Reply with quote

jatexup wrote:
Hi,

Having just blown up a few of the YB11 pix, then this bike does actually have an mph speedo. However what it doesn't have is a rear hugger or a bolt holding the left hand front fairing together. I think therefore that I've seen this bike before, and maybe know its identity, as I went to see such a machine in a dealers a couple of years ago and am pretty sure that this may be the same Bimota.

Come on then. It would be wrong to keep us waiting. What's the history/identity?
jatexup

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I know some but not all of the history of this particular bike, but as I don't want to offend or embarras the current (or by now it might be previous owner), I'll check things out on Sunday then report back accordingly.

Cheers,

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: