Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Photo sharing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ANTDB1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:38 am    Post subject: Photo sharing Reply with quote

I'm struggling to upload my photos from my DB1 resto, can anyone give me some guidance please? Ive signed up with Photobucket and uploaded images to it but are struggling to get past that point!! Thanks in advance.
vort28

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless you have paid for photobucket your not allowed to share pictures on 3rd party sites, eg forums.

Think most of us have moved to imgur ( but there are others) , actually easier then photobucket as it gives you the full URL to cut and paste on there, just use the large thumbnail on the forums link and it sets the pictures a nice size.

Hope this helps.
ANTDB1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:
Unless you have paid for photobucket your not allowed to share pictures on 3rd party sites, eg forums.

Think most of us have moved to imgur ( but there are others) , actually easier then photobucket as it gives you the full URL to cut and paste on there, just use the large thumbnail on the forums link and it sets the pictures a nice size.

Hope this helps.

Thank you
Quadrasuarass

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can still use photo bucket. Once you have uploaded to photo bucket you cut and paste the the Image URL path into your post like so:

Note I was on photo bucket before it went all commercial. I haven't signed up to anything new and find it quite clunky to use but it serves it's purpose for this sort of posting.

There is a detailed thread on the forum somewhere on how to go about it from square one
rpo83

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flickr is also very easy..... It also allows you to choose what size image you want to share with a forum/bulletin Board..

This is the account i've setup just for sharing Bimota images... I keep it seperate from my other photography pages.. https://www.flickr.com/photos/146683098@N03/

I found that the advertising on Photobucket was too intrusive, the interface is extremely slow and clunky

Steve

YB5 #130, YB5 #196, YB7 #302, SB6 #949, Laverda RGS Executive, Laverda RGS Corsa.
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBH not logged into photobucket since they went commercial as they shut everything down until you paid, which I did'nt.
Obviously they had a change of heart as no-one paid.!!! It is clunky though.Others seem better.
ANTDB1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

URL=http://s1180.photobucket.com/user/Anthony_Warnock/media/IMG_3223_zpspdaikoyh.jpg.html][/URL]

Thanks everyone, I've worked out photo bucket I think and will change to Flickr if I run into problems..

Heres my first test picture, if it works I'll start adding photos the rebuild progresses.

Thanks again
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Success !!! Very Happy Very Happy

Another tip is to always preview before you post , so you can fix as pictures always seem to be problematic .
ANTDB1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:
Very Happy Very Happy Success !!! Very Happy Very Happy

Another tip is to always preview before you post , so you can fix as pictures always seem to be problematic .

Thank you - I realised that a little too late but will preview it next time Smile
vort28

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was worth the wait , Lovely DB1 !! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: